Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Preview: Amazing Spider-Man#789 From Marvel Legacy Previews Spotlight

Available at your LCS

That's some nice Stuart Immonen art .

Will Spidey beat the bad guy? Or Mockingbird? So far I'd say the odds are in Bobbi's favor .

Aren't Bobbi's wings Parker Industries tech? I'm surprised they weren't confiscated along with the Avengers' stuff.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Come on, guys! All the Griffin wants are some empanadas!

And now all I want are some empanadas...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Come on, guys! All the Griffin wants are some empanadas!

And now all I want are some empanadas...
    Empanadas are delicious.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm hoping Bobbi sticks around.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm hoping Bobbi sticks around.
    I think she'll be around as long as Slott sticks on the book, though I don't think the relationship is going to last too long (could be wrong though).

I'm not a fan of Bobbi in the slightest. Think I'll wait for the reviews before I pick up a copy of this issue. Regrettably, when it comes to Legacy my attitude is fool me once shame on you fool me a million times shame on me. After the debacles surrounding Clone Conspiracy and MJ as Iron Spider, to name but two of the most recent examples of lackluster events, I no longer trust Marvel to deliver on their promises especially when Spidey is involved. They won't get another dollar out of me for Amazing until they prove they can be trusted.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-24-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aren't Bobbi's wings Parker Industries tech? I'm surprised they weren't confiscated along with the Avengers' stuff.
    I'm surprised that the Avengers' stuff was confiscated. Didn't Peter give it to the Avengers, so he didn't own that equipment anymore?

Astonishing Member

That is some great art by Stuart Immonem.
    Griffin is a cool villain,not a villain i would expect in a Spider-Man story but cool nonetheless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she'll be around as long as Slott sticks on the book, though I don't think the relationship is going to last too long (could be wrong though).
    That issue where she's kissing Peter on the cover is the final instalment of "Fall of Parker" and the solicit for that book hints the two have "conflict", so I suspect this may be where Slott breaks them up. She's not been heavily promoted as being part of Venom Inc, all we've read from solicits is it's heavily focused on Peter, Eddie, Felicia, and Flash. I could be slightly off, but it doesn't look like this relationship will be long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I'm surprised that the Avengers' stuff was confiscated. Didn't Peter give it to the Avengers, so he didn't own that equipment anymore?
    You'd think so, but Sam Wilson said that because they were given to the Avengers by Peter Parker, they were considered part of his assets when PI bankrupted. All that was left behind were personal effects, and some things were damaged (Redwing's cage was damaged, Nadia complained about a broken lava lamp, Vision was seen phasing through a photograph).

I actually like Bobbi and hope that she'll stay as Peter's love interest for the foreseeable future. Unlike Carlie Cooper her character has been written consistency before officially dating Peter so I feel she may serve as a better girlfriend for Peter. No other love interest will possibly top Mary Jane for Spider-Man obviously, but having Peter date a super hero for once is a new and exciting dynamic that we've never seen before. I think that we should all keep an open mind towards this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlinger1997 View Post
    having Peter date a super hero for once is a new and exciting dynamic that we've never seen before
    It's not. Peter and a superhero MJ have been fighting crime in Renew Your Vows for over a year.

The only thing Peter and Bobbi lack in that regard are wedding rings and a kid, which is sort of a step down in terms of stakes and investment. ASM is following more than leading.

Bobbi has proven divisive with fans lately due to the developments in her now axed ongoing, not to mention Bendis also revealed in Generations: The Iron Bobbi is destined to reconcile with Clint and have a child with him.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-24-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's not. Peter and a superhero MJ have been fighting crime in Renew Your Vows for over a year.
    And has everybody forgotten about Felicia ?