Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • captain america

77 37.93%
  • cyclops

126 62.07%
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Captain America or Cyclops?

Captain America: The living legend and symbol of courage.
    Cap potrayed as walking symbol of American patriotism.
    Films glorifying Captain America.
    Just a few years ago, people thought Captain America was lame and boring. How times have changed. Movies and TV affect a character's popularity. Chris Evans made Captain America MORE interesting character esp when you consider how boring his character is.

Marvel, media has been pushing Cap down our throat.
    Marvel will always prefer Cap over Cyke.
    Ok... this will be controversial... but it NEEDS to be said... Cyclops > Captain America. Hands down.

Basically, Cyclops gets blamed for everything. Even though everyone has blood on their hands particularly Captain America, Iron Man, Emma, Namor, and Wolverine. Cyclops gets thrown in prison because he takes responsibility and because, to quote Wolverine "he killed the only person that mattered". Keep in mind Scarlet Witch committed genocide and was never really punished. Cyclops still preaches human/mutant peace and calls his human supporters brothers but he believes that mutants should no longer allow themselves to be victimized and that it is OK to stand up and defend yourself against oppression. This makes him a radical and the new Magneto so everyone from The X-Men, Avengers, and SHIELD must stop him at all cost. I never really understood the treatment marvel does Cyclops. When there was no more mutant he had to make tough calls and choices, that people blamed him for, and yet they never offered any actual alternatives. When he killed professor x(only one person) under the influence of the phoniex force, no one tried to/wanted to forgive him, and yet Jean Grey literally killed billions while corrupted and was forgiven, wolverine has killed hundreds of people while under mind control and while not, and he was forgiven. Scarlet witch killed thousands of mutants while messed up, and was forgiven. Why not Scott? And in death of x, Cyclops was not harming inhumans at all really. They don't need terrigen mist to survive, they are still healthier then average humans. He destroyed the cloud of inhuman farts that was again literally killing his species, and he gets called a villain by everyone.

All popular media has used him as a story device for Wolverine. Cyclops was there to fill "that" annoying role, everytime, so wolverine fans could be happy. Pretty much none of the animated shows made him any justice, even less, the live action movies (just look at the kid they casted, some might even think FOX actually hates cyclops too) I'd much rather see James Marsden than the new kid. I never felt like Marsden was given much of a chance.

See Cyclops has never been a commercial pull, so he has been sold out less often than many other characters, that well, would sell more toys than comics (like wolverine, spiderman, cap, hulk, etc).
    But I want Cyclops solo movie. Just think about him beat dudes with his beams and getting it on with Emma.

Not a great time to be a Cyclops fan. :/

who do you like more?
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

donīt take it badly but non-Amercian readers find Captain America imperialistic and well.. creepy... all this ultranationalitsm... it is scary really
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

They had to make Cap a nazi to make him interesting.

Cyclops has been interesting to read about since Grant Morrison pretty much.

Really, Scott just keeps getting thrown under the bus because somewhere along the line marvel realized that it actually made him "cooler" to a certain portion of the fan base.

He went from the boring one to the rebellious one, and that got a lot of people talking. Really Scott didn't have half the attention on the boards he got prior to say Schism but now he's arguably the most talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post

Cyclops has been interesting to read about since Grant Morrison pretty much.
    Granted interesting is subjective, but Steve even prior to turning him into Hydra Cap had multiple movies and hundreds of solo issues of spanning decades. So objectively speaking I don't think marvel has struggled too much maintaining an interest for the character with his audience.

iMan 42s

I like Captain America but from what little X-men I read I find Cyclops more interesting. Though my problem with it has always been that the X-line is pretty convoluted so it's just easier following Avengers like Captain America.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    donīt take it badly but non-Amercian readers find Captain America imperialistic and well.. creepy... all this ultranationalitsm... it is scary really
    you are right, im from southamerica and nationalitsm is stupid, how can you celebrate a land thats only delivered by meters when we all live on this world? we should all be brothers with out frontiers
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Granted interesting is subjective, but Steve even prior to turning him into Hydra Cap had multiple movies and hundreds of solo issues of spanning decades. So objectively speaking I don't think marvel has struggled too much maintaining an interest for the character with his audience.
    I was speaking from a personal standpoint, i've tried and failed to get into Cap books several times.

The movies are easier cuz he's played by Chris Evans XD

Steve Rodgers Captain America will always be the MU best leader and possibly hero.

Scott, while still great, will always play a close seconded....if considered at all at this point.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Cyclops is one of my favorite marvel characters but I also like Steve and both are great in their own ways. Also didn't we just have this thread recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Cyclops is one of my favorite marvel characters but I also like Steve and both are great in their own ways. Also didn't we just have this thread recently?
    we disscused about who beter leader. This different. this thread about who you love more as a character.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Voted Cap just to spite y'all. #howtointernet
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    100 % agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I couldn't understand the outrage when they turned him Hydra lol!

I have never found Cyclops interesting, I wish there was a neither option to vote for.

Astonishing Member

Cyclops and emma are and will always be right

I love Scott Summers.

Never been a fan of Captain America.