View Poll Results: What X-Man need her own book?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

18 13.24%
  • Angel

7 5.15%
  • Beast

1 0.74%
  • Storm

15 11.03%
  • Colossus

3 2.21%
  • Nightcrawler

6 4.41%
  • Rogue

12 8.82%
  • Gambit

14 10.29%
  • Kitty

1 0.74%
  • Psylocke

10 7.35%
  • Polaris

12 8.82%
  • Havok

3 2.21%
  • Bishop

3 2.21%
  • Jubilee

2 1.47%
  • Other

29 21.32%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I was thinking more like Rogue teasing Gambit, just for a change.
    she used to...remember the swan rat thing she used to call him

I don't think anyone counts the recent Cyclops or Jean solo books when they vote for them here. I mean, the time-displaced versions aren't even from the 616 anymore, right?

I voted for Cyclops, but I believe Marvel should revive the Icons imprint they used for the X-Men back in the early 2000's(?). Give the prominent X-Men each their own limited series, maybe six issues in length, to tell a complete adventure. For example, launch at most three at a time, starring Cyclops, Jean, maybe Angel, whoever, and when their series are complete, move on to other characters. Then, they could always revisit the previous stories to provide sequels, similar to DC's Earth One graphic novels, except that these books would be in continuity. They should definitely spotlight the underutilized characters, and having the books be limited series would let them tell complete stories.

Not to insult those who are enjoying the books, but none of the solo series currently being published for the X-Men seem good to me. I just can't see what anyone could possibly enjoy about the books, but maybe I'm missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    What would Polaris even do in a solo? That's the thing she has been always basically existed as more or less an appendage of other characters be they Havok, Magneto, Wanda and so forth. She is defined essentially by her relationships.
    • Further explore her mental issues and trauma
    • Get more detail on her origins; her life before and after the plane crash, her teen years
    • Watch her defense of mutants against hate and bigotry in all sorts of stories
    • Look back at the Genoshan genocide and her surviving it
    • Look back at her history with Malice, Zaladane, etc and do it right this time
    • Deal with Cassandra Nova and how she was the one who sent the Sentinels to attack Genosha
    • If the forced retcon is undone, let Lorna build bridges with her siblings, Wanda and Pietro
    • Delve deeper into the anti-Apocalypse cult that Lorna was dealing with before getting forced into space

There's a hell of a lot that could be done in a solo for her. I guarantee if I were in charge of it, I could write at minimum a year's worth of stories, and only a fraction of them require her relationships. Though her relationships would most definitely get explored.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    she used to...remember the swan rat thing she used to call him
    I admit I'm not up to speed with Romy. It would be funny if Rogue actually drove Gambit mad sometimes.

Ultimate Member

I like the idea of a Rogue/Gambit limited series in which they are explicitly *not* a couple, and kind of over each other enough to poke fun at their own expense. (And then there'll be the annoying undercover infiltration of something where they have to *pretend* to be a couple, and it's totally awkward, because neither of them is really feeling it, and both of them are more worried about repeating an old mistake or sending a wrong signal, unaware that the other one is *also* not feeling it and worrying about the same thing...)

Both of them will be relieved when it falls apart and they have to punch/blast their way out.

Legion. After great X-Men Legacy and awesome TV show I am shocked Marvel didn`t give him a new solo book.

BANNED

Why isn't Lockheed in this poll?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Legion. After great X-Men Legacy and awesome TV show I am shocked Marvel didn`t give him a new solo book.
    Or at least bring him back from the dead.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mystique by Bunn and Del Mundo

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

so profesor x is having one?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

As much as I would like a really good solo series for many of my favourite X-Men, I have to be honest-- none of them would really work.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Why isn't Lockheed in this poll?
    Because he betrayed Kitty.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier