View Poll Results: What X-Man need her own book?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

18 13.24%
  • Angel

7 5.15%
  • Beast

1 0.74%
  • Storm

15 11.03%
  • Colossus

3 2.21%
  • Nightcrawler

6 4.41%
  • Rogue

12 8.82%
  • Gambit

14 10.29%
  • Kitty

1 0.74%
  • Psylocke

10 7.35%
  • Polaris

12 8.82%
  • Havok

3 2.21%
  • Bishop

3 2.21%
  • Jubilee

2 1.47%
  • Other

29 21.32%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I dont think the market would sustain a solo X-Men book, and in my opinion the X-Men work best as a team...

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I dont think the market would sustain a solo X-Men book, and in my opinion the X-Men work best as a team...
    All-New Wolverine
    Cable
    Old Man Logan
    X-23
    Wolverine
    Deadpool
    Last edited by Geek Mangacomic; 09-25-2017 at 06:14 AM.

I agree with one of the earliest posts in this thread, that the X-Men are at their best as a soap operatic ensemble.

That being said, I'd love for Marvel to revisit the Nation X concept from the Utopia era.

Each issue would be a revolving door of showcasing for any given X-character or characters.
    Each arc wouldn't need to correlate or be connected in any way -- but simply spotlight a particular X-person for any character driven story that writer wished to tell.

I agree with one of the earliest posts in this thread, that the X-Men are at their best as a soap operatic ensemble.

That being said, I'd love for Marvel to revisit the Nation X concept from the Utopia era.

Each issue would be a revolving door of showcasing for any given X-character or characters.
    Each arc wouldn't need to correlate or be connected in any way -- but simply spotlight a particular X-person for any character driven story that writer wished to tell.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    All-New Wolverine
    Cable
    Old Man Logan
    Wolverine
    Deadpool
    Do you realize that all of them are the same type of (white male killer macho) character? And that three of them are actually the same person?

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Do you realize that all of them are the same type of (white male killer macho) character? And that three of them are actually the same person?

Just saying.
    All-New Wolverine is female...

Emma. She got thrown under the bus and we need a well written book to justify it.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, okay...Wolverine and Deadpool can hold their own, but Iceman? Cyclops? Psylocke? Collossus?? No way, they wouldnt sell...

Yeah, okay...Wolverine and Deadpool can hold their own, but Iceman? Cyclops? Psylocke? Collossus?? No way, they wouldnt sell...
    Iceman had a book. So did teen Cyclops and well Psylocke had a mini. I really doubt any X-Men selling

It's pretty clear they don't sell on their own. Even though sometimes they deserve to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Emma. She got thrown under the bus and we need a well written book to justify it.
    Ew, Emma Frost.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It's pretty clear they don't sell on their own. Even though sometimes they deserve to.
    Asmus Gambit sold well, better than most of the current Marvel books now. It didnt start to really dip until they announced it was ending after #17. And that book got ZERO publicity after it launched. No variants, tie-ins, minimal guest appearances, strangely hampered stories (they wouldn't let him use certain characters and shot down most of his 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice arcs; there was one I'm glad they didnt go with). I think if the X-Men editorial had a clear theme and direction for their books like they did in the first half of the 00's, 90s, and 80s, they'd be in better shape. Everything seems to be going in it's own direction which doesnt inspire readers to even care whats going on in the neighboring title. I miss the days of when the X-Men were insulated from the rest of the MU and had their own crossovers that actually pushed the whole line in a single direction. The Black Cauldron and Battle of the Atom held zero weight after it was done. I don't even know what BotA accomplished, and all BC did was give Teen Angel and Kitty a power boost, and send her into space for because of "love". Make fun of the 90s all you want, but at least the X-Men storylines were fun and actually did something. I think Marvel is too afraid of giving Fox new material to allow a writer to really dig into a character and flesh them out unless it involves a character they own the movie rights to or has something to do with time-travel (both options make it harder for Fox to adapt).
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Gambit and Cable are really the next tier just below Wolverine and Deadpool. They've historically had runs longer than 10-12 issues and would probably be able to sustain that again.
    Last edited by cc008; 09-25-2017 at 09:56 AM.

I'm tired of the old divas. We need fresh flesh. I vote for the Silent Monk.

I choose Psylocke, but if Emma was on the list then I would have picked her. A solo or mini exploring Emma's current state in the MU would be fascinating. I mean, she was the mutant lead of Secret Empire, and did just battle the Inhumans. It would be great to explore just how everything has effected her, and what direction she will be going in. As for Psylocke, I adore the Yost mini of hers from a few years back, so something like that would be a great book. She is still an underrated character.