View Poll Results: What X-Man need her own book?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

18 13.24%
  • Angel

7 5.15%
  • Beast

1 0.74%
  • Storm

15 11.03%
  • Colossus

3 2.21%
  • Nightcrawler

6 4.41%
  • Rogue

12 8.82%
  • Gambit

14 10.29%
  • Kitty

1 0.74%
  • Psylocke

10 7.35%
  • Polaris

12 8.82%
  • Havok

3 2.21%
  • Bishop

3 2.21%
  • Jubilee

2 1.47%
  • Other

29 21.32%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I really think Rogue will be next.

This climate isn't great for solos but sure Emma Frost given that she's free now

I would do a Trinity type book

Dani, Ilyana, and Valkyrie

Lots of quests and fleshing out, mixing Xmen and Asgard type fantasy.

Immonen and Schiti. Please. Guest starring Sif, Wolfsbane, Excalibur, Doug and the other New Mutants.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

My first choices all already had shots at solo series (Bishop, Gambit, Nightcrawler), and I decided if I got to choose the lead in a new series I'd rather see someone who hasn't really had a solo book, so I chose Beast (I don't count his mini in the 90s or Amazing Adventures). I think a solo could be used to get back the old Hank McCoy, redeem him a bit and he has ties all over the Marvel Universe (Avengers, X-Men, Defenders, best friends with Wonder Man, etc) which could lead to some really fun stories
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Gambit, Nightcrawler and Bishop are good choices. Those are the only ones where I could see a solo maybe working with the right creative team and direction.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I voted Polaris, whom I would love to see be fleshed out on her own.
    Rogue would be another I would like to see.
    What would Polaris even do in a solo? That's the thing she has been always basically existed as more or less an appendage of other characters be they Havok, Magneto, Wanda and so forth. She is defined essentially by her relationships.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    I know Beat has no votes, but man do i have pitch for a solo for him, he has a lot of potential.
    Marvel needs to really bring the fun Beast back.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

colossus-banner-final.jpg

I would buy the shit out of a solo book with this guy in it. I know that will never happen though, and it makes me a little dead inside.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I really think Rogue will be next.
    She should be but having two roles in seperate books on different ends of the company (Avengers and X-Men), I dont see room, but hey... OML and Deadpool are in like 4 places at the same time. Why Not Rogue?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    colossus-banner-final.jpg

I would buy the shit out of a solo book with this guy in it...
    ...I don't think anyone else would though. Maybe a miniseries with the rest of his family (Magik and Mikhail), but his personality hasn't ever really jumped off the page. He got the short end of the powers stick too compared to his siblings. Magik is naturally sensitive to sorcery can teleport between time, space and dimensions and Mikhail can warp reality to the point of punching a whole in space... Colossus turns to metal.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    ...I don't think anyone else would though. Maybe a miniseries with the rest of his family (Magik and Mikhail), but his personality hasn't ever really jumped off the page. He got the short end of the powers stick too compared to his siblings. Magik is naturally sensitive to sorcery can teleport between time, space and dimensions and Mikhail can warp reality to the point of punching a whole in space... Colossus turns to metal.
    Yeah....I get it. He's not popular, but he's the reason I have multiple boxes of X-Men comics, so I have a soft spot for him. I think that instead of making him everyones bitch, someone should upgrade him to the character he should have been quite some time ago. I'll just stop right there though so I don't have to hear how boring he is to everyone else.

Yeah....I get it. He's not popular, but he's the reason I have multiple boxes of X-Men comics, so I have a soft spot for him. I think that instead of making him everyones bitch, someone should upgrade him to the character he should have been quite some time ago. I'll just stop right there though so I don't have to hear how boring he is to everyone else.
    I really liked him as Juggernaut.

I think he's a victim of complacent writers. He's the tank and never evolved past that except for his time before and after AvX. Before when he had Juggernaut powers which basically meant he was somewhat possessed by a demon and then afterward when he had every intention of killing his sister for allowing him to stay in that state (because in her realm she could have reversed it at anytime but chose to teach him what real darkness felt like... that was really effed up.). If there was a time for him to have a solo series, even a limited one, it was then when he had some dark issues to work out. Instead they kind of did it all off panel and let him pound Domino until he was happy-go-lucky good ol' boy Colossus again. Perhaps if they wrote an arc where it's revealed his armored form blocks magic used against him and he has to go on a quest to nether realm to save someone or retrieve something connected to his past darkness... In his defense, he was one of my favorite parts of IvX, and I literally hated all of that story after issue 2... he looked sick walking out of the fire.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 09-24-2017 at 07:06 AM.
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Multiple Man deserves an ongoing solo.
    Definetely yes!
    He need to return.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I like and appreciate Piotr. There are another stuff to develop around him beyond his romance with Kitty, his strength or his family, for example his painting skills (he became a sort of celebrity when he came out amnesiac from the Siege Perilous, remember?) or his political background (I'm thinking of UXM vs. Alpha Flight or his limited series by Nocenti & Leonardi --yes Colossus had a mini a long time ago).

Enough for a solo? It needs a writer with some creativity, just like any other character.