View Poll Results: What X-Man need her own book?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

18 13.24%
  • Angel

7 5.15%
  • Beast

1 0.74%
  • Storm

15 11.03%
  • Colossus

3 2.21%
  • Nightcrawler

6 4.41%
  • Rogue

12 8.82%
  • Gambit

14 10.29%
  • Kitty

1 0.74%
  • Psylocke

10 7.35%
  • Polaris

12 8.82%
  • Havok

3 2.21%
  • Bishop

3 2.21%
  • Jubilee

2 1.47%
  • Other

29 21.32%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I don't believe there is a market unless your name is Wolverine or Deadpool.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Absolutely. Deplorable.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I agree that if there was a writer out there that cared enough about Colossus to take the time to write him properly, there are so many aspects of the character to make him interesting (at least for me). I haven't had a chance to catch up on the years I missed reading about him when I wasn't collecting the X-Men from 2007 to 2016, but I always enjoy seeing him in any comic. He's had a lot of good exposure in stories (yes, I do remember the Siege Perilous era....one of my favorites in fact). I think as a big guy, an artist, and somewhat of a kind hearted guy who loves family myself, I relate more with Peter than I do with any other X-Man. Everyone has a favorite who fascinated them. I think that is the great thing about the X-Men as a whole.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That seems to be Marvel's line of thought, anyway. I think if you get the right writer with the right character and give them enough to time to work without being interutped or canceled, I believe just about any X-Men character could be interesting in a solo. For instance, I'd love to see a Frenzy book or focused story. She's interesting for me because she like a handful of X-Men that became one, not because she had to or fell into. She chose to stay and help and teach and protect because it made her feel good about herself for once in her life. She tasted the life of being a good person in AoX. She was a hero, and a wife that was absolutely in love with her husband (Cyclops). Even after a life of being a ruthless goon, she made the decision to not just hold onto those memories, but embrace them like very have done since or before. Her powers and background allow her to exist in both street level and traditional hero worlds. I think with the right writer a solo series would be what Marvel was trying to find in America. Frenzy could very be the X-Men's version of Fractions Hawkeye series... but not as boring.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I'd be interested in:

Storm (really loved her last ongoing)
    Bishop (so much potential for a fun book)
    Gambit (always enjoyed his solo adventures)
    Nightcrawler (liked both ongoing books he's had)
    Rogue (I mean, can't get enough of her, amirite?)

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    That seems to be Marvel's line of thought, anyway. I think if you get the right writer with the right character and give them enough to time to work without being interutped or canceled, I believe just about any X-Men character could be interesting in a solo. For instance, I'd love to see a Frenzy book or focused story. She's interesting for me because she like a handful of X-Men that became one, not because she had to or fell into. She chose to stay and help and teach and protect because it made her feel good about herself for once in her life. She tasted the life of being a good person in AoX. She was a hero, and a wife that was absolutely in love with her husband (Cyclops). Even after a life of being a ruthless goon, she made the decision to not just hold onto those memories, but embrace them like very have done since or before. Her powers and background allow her to exist in both street level and traditional hero worlds. I think with the right writer a solo series would be what Marvel was trying to find in America. Frenzy could very be the X-Men's version of Fractions Hawkeye series... but not as boring.
    Maybe in another time where the industry was stronger. But with old man Logan selling more then X-Men Blue i cannot lasting longer then 12 issues

Havok.

We need a maxi series going down his inversion, Janet's capture, his return to Cyclops and his Nation X, where he was during DoX, what happened with him and Emma after IvX, and how he became second-in-command on New Tian.

It'd be s fun character analysis to see how he went from a prominent Avenger, X-Men, and public face for the Unity Squad to a mutant terrorist who's lost his brother, wife (twice), daughter, revolution, and 1/2 of his face.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-24-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Havok.

We need a maxi series going down his inversion, Janet's capture, his return to Cyclops and his Nation X, where he was during DoX, what happened with him and Emma after IvX, and how he became second-in-command on New Tian.
    Not to mention his effing daughter...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I also wouldn't mind a follow-up on Havok. That could be an interesting story.

I wish Storm could carry an interesting book. Her, Cyclops, and Wolverine should be able to carve out their own mythologies as solo characters tbh. I think a great Storm solo is what is needed to revitalize her character. There are only so many ways she can interact with all of the A and B-List X-Men.

Mekanix proved to me that Kitty could have a great solo. I think the book was ahead of it's time and would've thrived coming out alongside Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, and Hawkeye (Kate Bishop). Love the slice of life feel where Kitty can't escape her mutant-ness.

Magik has a lot of potential to play up the horror/supernatural genre with some mutant flare. She has a big personality, a colorful backstory, and a variety of organic connections to other parts of the MU.

Jubilee would've been a better star for Hellcat than Hellcat. Would love to see someone take a crack at either playing up Jubilee's inherent silliness or developing her pre-existing strength and resolve (or maybe both!).

Plus, if everyone else can mention their favorite character even when it doesn't really apply in other threads (), I'll go ahead and say Monet. She has a personality that is easy to play off of plus G. Willow Wilson's flashbacks to her childhood has me wanting more. She's extremely powerful for the "my favorite character can beat up your favorite character" crowd and has a lot of tangled mythology that could be crafted into something dark, powerful, and informative of where the perfect little "b" is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    A Magik solo is really the only one that could interest me. She is one of the few characters i consider to have potential outside of the X-Books (I like my faves all in one space).

After Bendis' run, she should have had a solo about her journey to becoming the next SS. Crossing over with whatever magic-disappearing-mystery was happening in DStrange and SWitch (I didn't read either, so only vaguely familiar). Sadly, Lemire managed to demote her from one of the X-Books biggest rising stars to a character so unimportant that the next relaunch didn't even bother to include her.

It does make you almost miss Bendis on the X-Books, doesn't it?
    Yup, Magik! She deserves her own book!!!
    I think Bendis did a good job with her.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at ongoing anthology book that rotates creative teams and characters between small team, duos, and solos stories. It gives even the most obscure characters a chance to have story told without Marvel having to commit long term. It could be like a proving ground for unproven characters and writers with ideas editorial is on the fence about. If it sells, bring them back for another round a few arcs later. That sells too, give them bonafied solo title... or not. I'd be cool if Astonishing X-Men turned into that.
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I wouldn't turn my nose up at ongoing anthology book that rotates creative teams and characters between small team, duos, and solos stories. It gives even the most obscure characters a chance to have story told without Marvel having to commit long term. It could be like a proving ground for unproven characters and writers with ideas editorial is on the fence about. If it sells, bring them back for another round a few arcs later. That sells too, give them bonafied solo title... or not. I'd be cool if Astonishing X-Men turned into that.
    That was one of the great things about X-Men Unlimited. They should bring that back.

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    That was one of the great things about X-Men Unlimited. They should bring that back.
    Yeah I remember that.
    Guild Member

Storm.

But unlike last time, don't mire her in 80's classics retreads, or malign her with D-list villains.

A Storm series should explore themes surrounding sexism, racism, immigration/humanitarianism, LGBTQ, Africa, weather disasters/climate change, warfare/the military industrial complex. In other words, her series should be the most socially relevant comic in ages. Add a dash of rebelliousness, a pinch of sexy, and pull from all the corners of the MU and you have a hit. Unfortunately I doubt Dis-Marvel's corporate culture would allow for such a majestic creation.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!