View Poll Results: What X-Man need her own book?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

18 13.24%
  • Angel

7 5.15%
  • Beast

1 0.74%
  • Storm

15 11.03%
  • Colossus

3 2.21%
  • Nightcrawler

6 4.41%
  • Rogue

12 8.82%
  • Gambit

14 10.29%
  • Kitty

1 0.74%
  • Psylocke

10 7.35%
  • Polaris

12 8.82%
  • Havok

3 2.21%
  • Bishop

3 2.21%
  • Jubilee

2 1.47%
  • Other

29 21.32%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    How would a adult Cyclops solo book even work. He has no resources, no assets and no allies. To have a solo book you should have at least one of those things. Would he just be hitch-hiking across the country, how would he help mutants if he can't get to them. Cyclops has forever been tied to the X-men in some capacity, always having a team around him. How would he function with essentially nothing but the clothes on his back, does he even own anything of value?
    Your obsession with Cyclops is very very revealing. So, that sounds terribly Freudian... :/

BANNED

I would like to see...

1) Adult Cyclops (the Summers Family)

2) Thelma & Louise. I mean, Adult Jean & Emma Frost

3) Magneto

4) Gambit

5) Madrox & Layla

6) Archangel

7) Longshot

8) Wolverine (the real)

Please, Marvel, please... give me the Thelma & Louise book.

As far as I see things, the only characters that actually should get their own book right now are characters who've never had their own book. If a character's already had one, then it's time to step back and let another character have a chance.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

I voted other. I think Emma Frost deserves a solo and so does Magik. O would also do a team up book with Cable and Domino

BANNED

Generally speaking, the X-Men work best as a team unit rather than as individual characters. A number of them don't have enough of an individual history to launch their own title. That said:

Psylocke: Betsy could maintain a solo title given her rich history. I'd touch on the Captain Britain Corps, resurrect Kwannon, feature Spiral & Fantomex, reintroduce the Crimson Dawn somehow and bring in Cypher b/c I'd love their chemistry to be reignited. I love Betsy with Warren, but some time spent away from that relationship could probably do them both some good. Ideally, have 18 issues, and then bring them together in the end.

Rogue: One of the most prominent X-Men in the current MU, and a fan-favorite. Her powers allow for so many stories given all the powers and memories she can absorb. Some meeting/interaction with Captain Marvel would be nice. Mystique and Destiny should have a role.

Magik/Colossus: I love this brother/sister dynamic and it'd be cool to see them working in unison. Mikhail Rasputin should make a comeback. And I'd feature the Winter Guard too.

Gambit: I'd be happy with another solo featuring a series of heists. Team-ups are a must, and I'd love more of the Thieves Guild and Assassins Guild. New Orleans should feature prominently: a run-in with Brother Voodoo? He's been a Horseman of Apocalypse, a Marauder, an X-Man. I think there's plenty of story potential.

Dani Moonstar: Let's see Dani repowered somehow. Another Demon Bear could be a nice move for film synergy. Re-evaluate her status as a Valkyrie. Perhaps this could be the best place to bring back X-Man, assuming their relationship is ongoing. I think its unlikely Dani gets her own title, but I'd settle for a revived New Mutants book and hope that it addresses these stories.

Emma Frost: If it were up to me, I'd have a oneshot story that launches into a team of X-Men run by Emma Frost and a new group of Hellions. More tales focused around the Hellfire Club. And I think it's time for Kieran and Cordelia Frost to come back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Generally speaking, the X-Men work best as a team unit rather than as individual characters. A number of them don't have enough of an individual history to launch their own title. That said:

Psylocke: Betsy could maintain a solo title given her rich history. I'd touch on the Captain Britain Corps, resurrect Kwannon, feature Spiral & Fantomex, reintroduce the Crimson Dawn somehow and bring in Cypher b/c I'd love their chemistry to be reignited. I love Betsy with Warren, but some time spent away from that relationship could probably do them both some good. Ideally, have 18 issues, and then bring them together in the end.

Rogue: One of the most prominent X-Men in the current MU, and a fan-favorite. Her powers allow for so many stories given all the powers and memories she can absorb. Some meeting/interaction with Captain Marvel would be nice. Mystique and Destiny should have a role.

Magik/Colossus: I love this brother/sister dynamic and it'd be cool to see them working in unison. Mikhail Rasputin should make a comeback. And I'd feature the Winter Guard too.

Gambit: I'd be happy with another solo featuring a series of heists. Team-ups are a must, and I'd love more of the Thieves Guild and Assassins Guild. New Orleans should feature prominently: a run-in with Brother Voodoo? He's been a Horseman of Apocalypse, a Marauder, an X-Man. I think there's plenty of story potential.

Dani Moonstar: Let's see Dani repowered somehow. Another Demon Bear could be a nice move for film synergy. Re-evaluate her status as a Valkyrie. Perhaps this could be the best place to bring back X-Man, assuming their relationship is ongoing. I think its unlikely Dani gets her own title, but I'd settle for a revived New Mutants book and hope that it addresses these stories.

Emma Frost: If it were up to me, I'd have a oneshot story that launches into a team of X-Men run by Emma Frost and a new group of Hellions. More tales focused around the Hellfire Club. And I think it's time for Kieran and Cordelia Frost to come back.

Curious who you would have on an Emma Frost X-men team

Jean/Emma or Kitty/Illyana would be fantastic buddy books!

I don't think Marvel should market it as solos anymore. Maybe like Cable and Deadpool, Harley and Ivy or Emma Frost and Domino

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I see a few people saying how Jean/Emma would make a good buddy type adventure, but are ignoring the rich relationship between Jean/Ororo the ultimate power couple!

I'd like a Kitty Pryde series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DreadnoughtHelldiver View Post
    Curious who you would have on an Emma Frost X-men team
    Some combination of the following:
    Banshee
    Havok
    Sage
    Doctor Nemesis
    Fantomex
    Beast
    Aurora
    Northstar
    Mystique
    Sabretooth
    Mimic
    Frenzy

Ultimate Member

Madrox and Layla had a solo, it was called X-Factor...as for Warren and Betsy maybe something of a Mr. and Mrs. Smith kind of thing for them...they haven't been a couple now in a few years at least...if they went with the Summers family they could explain why when Corsair came back he showed up at Earth, picked up teen Scott and then blasted off into space, seemingly ignoring the fact that he had another son that maybe still believed him to be dead without a word and since teen Scott's return we haven't seen him tell Alex either...though Marvel has written Alex pretty poorly lately so...

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    I'd like a Kitty Pryde series.
    It's called X-Men Gold ��

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I wouldn't turn my nose up at ongoing anthology book that rotates creative teams and characters between small team, duos, and solos stories. It gives even the most obscure characters a chance to have story told without Marvel having to commit long term. It could be like a proving ground for unproven characters and writers with ideas editorial is on the fence about. If it sells, bring them back for another round a few arcs later. That sells too, give them bonafied solo title... or not. I'd be cool if Astonishing X-Men turned into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    That was one of the great things about X-Men Unlimited. They should bring that back.
    I definitely support THIS. I honestly think it would be the best option (remember the short stories from Classic X-Men, also).

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    7) Longshot
    If only Nocenti & Adams would have succeeded in their planned ongoing with Longshot as a wanderer... Damn, Nocenti had a whole working version which involved Mephisto and why Longshot hasn't got a soul (at least, not a recognizable one), also Adams had made a storyboard. What was of all this?

It wouldn't be a bad idea, either, to fill the gap between Longshot's mini and UXM Annual #10. That is, Rita, Quark and Longshot joining the guerrilla against the Spineless in Mojoworld, and how they were finally defeated -how long after that?-, and how Rita was turned into Spiral and her love turned into hate, and..

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's called X-Men Gold ��
    That's not Kitty Pryde, it's a Skrull.