Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Murder Machine #1 Preview and Discussion

Here is the preview for the Cyborg-like Dark Knight. What do you think about it ?

http://www.cbr.com/preview-dark-nigh...urder-machine/

Curious to see what his origin is.

All-New Member

This being set on Earth-0 (which is the normal rebirth earth, I think?) has really got me thinking about last issue. Really I dont care about my stupid theory as long as this issue is anywhere near as good as The Red Death I'm going to be happy. I mean, that cover has already got me sold.
    Last edited by Egg_Chef; 09-23-2017 at 04:37 PM.

It'll be interesting going into this one already knowing the origin of Murder Machine - thanks to Snyder revealing it in interviews.

Though the issue starts on Earth-0, I'm pretty sure i'll jump elsewhere for the origin flashback. I assume Alfred is still alive on Earth-0 during the opening events of Metal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

BANNED

Isn't "Murder Machine" what they called that bomb thang in "Forever Evil"?

I can't tell why, but I find the Muder Machine incredibly creepy. Perhaps because he smiles without a mouth... In any case, so far the Dark Knights are interesting, and I hope that this one-shot will be as good as the Red Death's.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It's been a while since I've read Forever Evil, but that sounds about right.

Fantastic Member

I don't, I am not a fan of these stories where the same one character out shines the whole league by stealing powers or out prepping them. Doesn't Batman have enough already?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I only remember that the crime syndicate used one marchine against Grayson and Lex Luthor killed him(a few seconds) for save him..

Interesting issue, I enjoyed it but not as much as Red Death.

SPOILERS

spoilers:
    The flashback scenes I thought were great but the present day ones where Murder Machine fought Cyborg didn't interest me nearly as much.

Murder Machine originates from either Earth -44 or Earth-44 (depending on how you read it). Earth-44 funnily enough is the reality where the Metal Men are the Justice League. Probably not a co-incidence!

Alfred Protocol was a neat concept, rather creepy. "LET ME IN, SIR".

Batman watching the footage over and over of Alfred getting his back shattered was powerful stuff.

Art was fantastic throughout the whole issue, superb.
    end of spoilers

Roll on Dawnbreaker next week!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I enjoyed this a lot,and this was the one I was looking forward to the least. Easily my favorite DC event in years.

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    I don't, I am not a fan of these stories where the same one character out shines the whole league by stealing powers or out prepping them. Doesn't Batman have enough already?
    I think this was the point. Remember, the Dark Multiverse Batmen only exist because Batman feared them into existence. They represent things he fears could happen- losing control on a fundamental level. It makes sense that they'd involve taking out the Justice League since those are some of Batman's dearest friends.

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    I'm sure a lot of us are sick of that potrayal of Batman but give these Dark Knights one-shots a chance.
    Especially Murder Machine, he's shown to be especially vulnerable here.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I enjoyed this a lot,and this was the one I was looking forward to the least. Easily my favorite DC event in years.
    Arguably best comic this week. Weirdly there's not of a response
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

An awesome read. There was this creepiness of seeing a Bruce so far gone after losing Alfred. The way he tells to Victor how he felt when the Alfred Protocol entered his bpdy is absolutely horrific. I hadn't seen the other Dark Knights coming, but I like the fact that Victor wasn't defeated by the Murder Machine alone. The art style also reinforced the horrific situation of the whole thing.

Overall, an extremely pleasant surprise, which also give us a glimpse of Cyborg's importance in the crossover, which I like. I can't wait for next week's Dawnbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I think this was the point. Remember, the Dark Multiverse Batmen only exist because Batman feared them into existence. They represent things he fears could happen- losing control on a fundamental level. It makes sense that they'd involve taking out the Justice League since those are some of Batman's dearest friends.
    Agree completely.

This was that one I was least excited for men was this enjoyable and creepy as hell.