Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Batgirl vs Taskmaster and Deadpool

Since we are on a roll with these.....Standard equipment for the Marvel characters but no AoE grenades or the like. Cass is pre 52 and unarmed

Bleh. This is tricky. I'm not sure that Cass can do enough damage quick enough to put Wade down for a ten-count, especially while she's also fighting Tasky, particularly if Tasky can still do the whole Double-Time thing, and I don't know if pressure-points would work on Wade.

If they do work, she probably eventually pressure points both of them (she's likely still faster than Tasky, even Double-Timed), but it's a very rough fight for her, and Tasky is crazy skilled. The guy's copied Cap, Daredevil, Shang Chi, Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Black Knight, Punisher, Spidey, Widow, Silver Sable...

Edit: Just realised the standard equipment for the Marvel guys. That means Tasky is Double-Timing with a sword and shield up close, with both having rained bullets on the way over. Yeah, I think this may now be getting beyond Cass. Bear in mind that Cass' body-reading is also kind of inherent for Tasky as well, he's just maybe not as conscious of doing it.
    Last edited by Beadle; 09-23-2017 at 11:44 PM.

I'm curious how her body reading would interpret Taskmaster and Deadpool. Given Taskmaster's style and movements completley change around when he's copying people would that be like reading a book only to have the fonts and writing style change up every few paragraphs. Not to where you can't follow it but to where it's slightly distracting.

Likewise Deadpool's body is constantly rotting and regenerating. Would that be like looking at a just slightly out of focus picture?

I don't think it would make a huge difference, but I can see it being enough to just slightly throw her off her game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm curious how her body reading would interpret Taskmaster and Deadpool. Given Taskmaster's style and movements completley change around when he's copying people would that be like reading a book only to have the fonts and writing style change up every few paragraphs. Not to where you can't follow it but to where it's slightly distracting.

Likewise Deadpool's body is constantly rotting and regenerating. Would that be like looking at a just slightly out of focus picture?

I don't think it would make a huge difference, but I can see it being enough to just slightly throw her off her game.
    those are very good points. Especially wade may offer some difficulty for her to read if one takes into consider that he is perhaps as crazy and unpredictable as joker who she had trouble reading which may be PIS.

those are very good points. Especially wade may offer some difficulty for her to read if one takes into consider that he is perhaps as crazy and unpredictable as joker who she had trouble reading which may be PIS.
    I'm no fan of Batgirl but even I am willing to say that's probably more Joker-wank than anything.

Also, we reached the point where Deadpool was more unpredictable than Joker a long time ago.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I don't see Cass having a serious problem reading either of these people. Changing body-language might throw her off briefly, but only once (if that). It would be like someone changing accents and tone mid-conversation, but she's a rather experienced/skilled fighter, and I suggest she can adapt to this kind of thing. As for Deadpool, she has body-read shape-shifters (twice), and 'unpredictable' doesn't mean 'has a completely different biology to read'.

Tasky's double-timing MIGHT put him into bullet-timing range, but realistically, when he WAS double-timing he still got shot. It's something that's forgotten. I am somewhat less-than sanguine about him being a bullet-timer, much less at Cass' level of speed.

On top of that, his own predictive abilities in combat are explicitly noted as being due to memorizing his opponent's patterns. In Batgirl's comic, it is more than once noted that she fights without patterns, due to the body-reading and the insane amount of training she has achieved.

Enough to beat both of these guys? Don't know. Wade's regen is pretty insane, but if she can take out Tasky, she can then cut Wade into tiny cubes. Point being, once she reaches them she won't be unarmed for long.

Not going to be an easy fight, though.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Worth noting that Cass can rip fighting styles Taskmaster style as well, and it only takes a few panels of her fighting to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Worth noting that Cass can rip fighting styles Taskmaster style as well, and it only takes a few panels of her fighting to do it.
    Yep. It's not instant, but...

As an example, she practice stickfighting (Escrima, Kali, Arnis, call it what you want) with Barbara, who has trained for years and years with it and is good enough to beat up people from her wheelchair. Barbara - who is ridiculously good - only manages to disarm Cass when Cass gets distracted (through the whole thing, Cass is also clearly not taking it seriously but rather having fun), and ends up exhausted from trying.

She then talks with Batman, later, and the subject of Cass' training and the stickfighting comes up.

[Bruce] Cain never taught her stickfighting.

[Barbara] ???

[Bruce] Cain didn't teach her stuff like stickfighting. He taught her to kill [note: I personally find this ridiculous, because man, you can kill with hardwood sticks, but let it ride]. *I* taught her stickfighting a couple of days ago. Took five minutes.

[Barbara] You have got to be kidding me.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yep. It's not instant, but...

As an example, she practice stickfighting (Escrima, Kali, Arnis, call it what you want) with Barbara, who has trained for years and years with it and is good enough to beat up people from her wheelchair. Barbara - who is ridiculously good - only manages to disarm Cass when Cass gets distracted (through the whole thing, Cass is also clearly not taking it seriously but rather having fun), and ends up exhausted from trying.

She then talks with Batman, later, and the subject of Cass' training and the stickfighting comes up.

[Bruce] Cain never taught her stickfighting.

[Barbara] ???

[Bruce] Cain didn't teach her stuff like stickfighting. He taught her to kill [note: I personally find this ridiculous, because man, you can kill with hardwood sticks, but let it ride]. *I* taught her stickfighting a couple of days ago. Took five minutes.

[Barbara] You have got to be kidding me.
    Maybe Bruce is just a really good teacher.

getting head caved in by luke cage and leg broken with bone sticking out,still manages to grab a dead body to hit him with it. https://imgur.com/a/ieXZK

Here is a fight between him and taskmaster and even deadpool makes up complete nonsense attacks that throw off Tasky. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I90h-RmbDC...impossible.jpg

The biggest factor here is his healing factor,their are many times he has been able to do stuff with his heart being ripped out and other crazy stuff. I don't think batgirl can inflict anything to put him down whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    getting head caved in by luke cage and leg broken with bone sticking out,still manages to grab a dead body to hit him with it. https://imgur.com/a/ieXZK
    That's all good, there's no question that Deadpool has the regen.

Here is a fight between him and taskmaster and even deadpool makes up complete nonsense attacks that throw off Tasky. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I90h-RmbDC...impossible.jpg
    It's specific to Taskmaster that he memorizes his opponents' patterns and uses that against them. If Deadpool suddenly starts getting all weird, but at the same time continues to use his speed and skill, it's not a stretch that it would throw him off.

Batgirl's body-reading doesn't work that way. She'd see 'okay, he's acting weird to try to throw me off, and oh, there's the attack'.

The biggest factor here is his healing factor,their are many times he has been able to do stuff with his heart being ripped out and other crazy stuff. I don't think batgirl can inflict anything to put him down whatsoever.
    The issue is that Cass can take a sword from Tasky's unconscious body then use it to cut Deadpool into little chunks, or at the least remove both arms, both legs, and his head. Can he come back from that? Sure. In a 10-count?
    Why are we here?

still fighting even after a laser takes out his eyeball and goes thru his head. http://i.imgur.com/rR64sG9.png

hole in the chest still standing http://i.imgur.com/1Rjwz3l.jpg

arrow thru the head http://i.imgur.com/Wcv9sCq.jpg

Chainsaw thru the chest and he still gets out of it https://imgur.com/a/aWCfz

meat cleaver in the head doesnt do anything https://imgur.com/a/d31oK

shurikens,arrows,and axe all over him. He still fighting http://i.imgur.com/RKoR4Bd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Tasky's double-timing MIGHT put him into bullet-timing range, but realistically, when he WAS double-timing he still got shot. It's something that's forgotten. I am somewhat less-than sanguine about him being a bullet-timer, much less at Cass' level of speed.

On top of that, his own predictive abilities in combat are explicitly noted as being due to memorizing his opponent's patterns. In Batgirl's comic, it is more than once noted that she fights without patterns, due to the body-reading and the insane amount of training she has achieved.

Enough to beat both of these guys? Don't know. Wade's regen is pretty insane, but if she can take out Tasky, she can then cut Wade into tiny cubes. Point being, once she reaches them she won't be unarmed for long.
    I'm equally iffy on Tasky being a true BT'er, but at double-time I wouldn't put post-Crisis Shiva-speed out of his ballpark.

With that and his waving round a big, range-keeping pointy-stick with the skills of Black Knight and a shield with the skills of Captain America, I'd think it would be less than easy for her, unarmed, to get in close enough range, especially while avoiding Deadpool who is simultaneously shooting at her with automatic or semi-automatic weaponry, or is also going for the up-close pointy-stick option.

H2H only? I'd give it to her.

But the one-sided weaponry being used by two VERY skilled guys from different angles, one of whom is at least fast enough to not get blitzed by her? That's hard.

Edit: Think about it this way (I know it's not a perfect comparison, but still...) - how would you think she'd fare unarmed if simultaneously fighting both an armed Shiva and... oh, bleh... I dunno, a better, healing-factored, teleporting Red Hood?
    Last edited by Beadle; 09-25-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I'm equally iffy on Tasky being a true BT'er, but at double-time I wouldn't put post-Crisis Shiva-speed out of his ballpark.

With that and his waving round a big, range-keeping pointy-stick with the skills of Black Knight and a shield with the skills of Captain America, I'd think it would be less than easy for her, unarmed, to get in close enough range, especially while avoiding Deadpool who is simultaneously shooting at her with automatic or semi-automatic weaponry, or is also going for the up-close pointy-stick option.

H2H only? I'd give it to her.

But the one-sided weaponry being used by two VERY skilled guys from different angles, one of whom is at least fast enough to not get blitzed by her? That's hard.

Edit: Think about it this way (I know it's not a perfect comparison, but still...) - how would you think she'd fare unarmed if simultaneously fighting both an armed Shiva and... oh, bleh... I dunno, a better, healing-factored, teleporting Red Hood?
    The thing, bullets are basically a nonfactor to Cass. Even if she wasn't fast enough to aim dodge these guys (she is) her bullet timing is so absurdly good. Like, if Deadpool shoots directly at her blindside, she dodges sniper rounds when they are less than a foot from her head when she isn't even on guard. Wade isn't firing sniper rounds and isn't catching her off guard when she knows she's fighting two dudes. Wade is going to need to close to meaningfully contribute.

Now, to be fair to Team Marvel, Tasky has at least one other bullet time feat beyond his bullet catch from that mini. But also, what has he actually done outside of that one mini? I know in theory he's this uber badass, but who has he actually beaten in practice? He's lost to Deadpool more than once. He's lost to Captain America. He's lost to Dare Devil. Cap trusted Bucky to handle him just fine. (He did well against old school Spider-Man, but Spidey is a terrible jobber.)

I'm not asking rhetorically, I legit don't know.