Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Generations: The Spiders Preview

http://www.cbr.com/generations-miles...-spider-man-1/

Don't tell me Bendis is going to pretend like it's the 60s.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 09-24-2017 at 04:23 AM.

BANNED

Oh hi Reed

BANNED

the preponderance of Bendis's work on spiderman to be encompassed in one single one shot issue? Its almost too much to bear.

Honestly, it's hard to tell whether Bendis is pretending this is the 60's or not. Style definitely doesn't seem to be modern but there are characters in the background with laptops and cellphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, it's hard to tell whether Bendis is pretending this is the 60's or not. Style definitely doesn't seem to be modern but there are characters in the background with laptops and cellphones.
    Ah, did not notice that.

I didn't read the Ms. Marvel Generations issue but I also think they fudge the era a little bit because the characters in it act like it's the 70's with classic Ms. Marvel even though with the sliding timescale it should be around the 2000's.

But that's usually been how Marvel handles timeline issues.

At First I probably wasn't going to pick this up, but I've only just realized that Miles is meeting Peter in his early years (Clearly haven't been following Generations that much!) so I'll definitely buy this now. I loved Ultimate Spider-Man so it'll sweet to see Bendis write at least a teenage Peter Parker again too. This may be a bittersweet issue between Miles and Peter, especially since I suspect it'll actually be Miles who may actually have more experience than Peter does being Spider-Man this time which will make for a new exciting dynamic between them both. I hope that'll be touched upon otherwise this will be a missed opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't read the Ms. Marvel Generations issue but I also think they fudge the era a little bit because the characters in it act like it's the 70's with classic Ms. Marvel even though with the sliding timescale it should be around the 2000's.

But that's usually been how Marvel handles timeline issues.
    Yeah. Though notice that Kamala's $20 bill gets taken without questions. The design hasn't changed in the last decade (last redesign was 2003 according to Wikipedia). Of course, it has since the 1970s. It is implied that things were a lot cheaper in the past though, which would be true 40 years ago but not so much 10 years ago.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I think people are reading too much into it. It's just matching the art aesthetic of that era, just like the Ms. Marvel issue.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Were we asking these same questions when Learning to Crawl was coming out ?

Niffleheim

Vanishing Point (1971) He better not say dynomite!

BANNED

I think the issue will be awesome even if it's Bendis,

Anyway, to all spiderman fans, would you allow peter parker to be eliminated here: http://community.comicbookresources....58#post3113358

I hope not.

Mighty Member

I liked it a lot. It was a nice tribute to Perter Parker and the legacy of Spider-Man.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Says Spiders but I dount it'll include Anya but find an excuse to put in Spider-Gwen somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Says Spiders but I dount it'll include Anya but find an excuse to put in Spider-Gwen somehow.
    Original Gwen does appear given the "time" period it's set in but no Spider-Gwen and Anya wouldn't make sense to appear since she wasn't at the big battle during Secret Empire. Miles does mention to Peter there is a bunch of them in the Spider-Family