View Poll Results: Is Wonder Woman the best DCEU movie so far?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

66 82.50%
  • No

14 17.50%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

It's easily the best thing they've done. Then again not being total **** was basically the bar it had to pass to do that. That it's also really good is a plus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Before I answer I should just say BvS is one of the best superhero films of all time. Philosophical, beautifully shot and choreographed, superbly written and acted. Poetry on screen featuring two cultural icons facing the worst and persevering. Delves into why those characters are so wonderful and who they are at their core. I could go on for hours.

However, Man of Steel is the best DCEU movie. The best Superman movie. The best superhero movie. Of. All. Time.

Wonder Woman is a pure audience pleasing popcorn flick. It's not bad and I enjoyed it overall but it wasn't memorable in any way. The final action sequence is pure schlock and Wonder Woman's victory over Ares didn't feel earned to me.
    Philosophical, Batman vs Superman, what the ****? Who knew at his core Superman was just an ******* that hated being a superhero.

Retired

There are two ways to look at this. Either WONDER WOMAN is a movie just like all the other super-hero movies--which would be a major accomplishment that a female character directed by a woman should finally get fair and equal treatment as all the other male super-heroes. Or WONDER WOMAN is a movie unlike all the other super-hero movies because it puts a woman in that role--which would be a major accomplishment because it finally gives audiences a female super-hero in the lead without compromising or demeaning her.

Surely even those who thought it was a so-so movie can understand why WONDER WOMAN was a major milestone that opens doors for other movies. So why do I think I'm only preaching to the choir and probably not going to get an Amen Brother from the naysayers?

Ultimate Member

Is water wet?

Of course WW is the best DCEU movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Philosophical, Batman vs Superman, what the ****? Who knew at his core Superman was just an ******* that hated being a superhero.
    Did you even watch the movie? He didn't hate being a superhero at all; he loved it. He hated that humanity hated and feared him when he was trying his very best to do good, and that he failed to do so much when he was already so powerful. It's a dilemma anyone with that level of power and responsibility would face and Cavill did an amazing job.

Did you even watch the movie? He didn't hate being a superhero at all; he loved it. He hated that humanity hated and feared him when he was trying his very best to do good, and that he failed to do so much when he was already so powerful. It's a dilemma anyone with that level of power and responsibility would face and Cavill did an amazing job.
    Watched both editions and never once got the vibe he liked being a hero it looked and felt like a burden to me.

Before I answer I should just say BvS is one of the best superhero films of all time. Philosophical, beautifully shot and choreographed, superbly written and acted. Poetry on screen featuring two cultural icons facing the worst and persevering. Delves into why those characters are so wonderful and who they are at their core. I could go on for hours.

However, Man of Steel is the best DCEU movie. The best Superman movie. The best superhero movie. Of. All. Time.

Wonder Woman is a pure audience pleasing popcorn flick. It's not bad and I enjoyed it overall but it wasn't memorable in any way. The final action sequence is pure schlock and Wonder Woman's victory over Ares didn't feel earned to me.
    Man of Steel is a good film and ok Superman film no where near masterpiece of Donner's Superman. Just look at the deaths of Jonathan Kent Man of Steel he stops his son from saving him because he fears the world's reaction. Superman 78 Jonathan tells his son he's here for a reason after Clark is down about hiding who he is and then dies of a heart attack teaching Clark the live lesson even he cannot change everything. BvS had good acting but the writing was mediocre at best IMO and the "choreography" check out the behind the scenes most of those beautiful shots were created in a computer. The Natural Sunrise after Clark finds the crystal in Superman 78 is more impressive than anything Snyder created in a computer IMO.

BANNED

Did you? You must of missed the whole montage where Superman looks like he can't stand being a superhero. This Zack Snyder Superman is not a character that seems to like anything about being a superhero. Not only does he hate it, but his family keep telling him to quite. He's a Superman that was raised not to care about others, and to only look out for himself no matter what. This Superman is like some type of bizarro Superman;'he talks normally, but personally wise he's the total opposite of what Superman is.

People should be afraid and hate this Superman. He called a bunch of kill crazy Kryptonians to Earth and then got into a giant pointless brawl that killed countless people. Although given the shots in the "I Hate Being A Superhero" montage he's clearly not hated by as many people as he should be, some people seem to see him as a god.

All-New Member

Yeah, I agree with you that WW is the best DCEU movie but the reason Wonder Woman movie is so high above its competition is that it's competing with special-snowflake Movies.
    If you have not seen it Yet,
    Source:- https://whereyouwatch.com/movies/wonder-woman/
    You can thank me later

Fantastic Member

Man of steel is outrageously underrated! One of the best comic book movies. On par with at least avengers. Wonder Woman was just a rehash of captain America, good movie but can't play with the big hitters of the genre

Incredible Member

Yes. By far. You're talking about comparing one of the best superhero films ever made(Wonder Woman), to three of the worst(MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad).

Basically it is Wonder Woman

Suicide Squad
    Man of Steel

Superman v Batman.

Retired

SUICIDE SQUAD is a flawed movie, but I have to say I had a good time when I was in the theatre. It ends badly as it seems we're working toward the Suicide Squad going on a legitimate mission, yet the mission they're on is just something that Waller cooked up. So the premise of a Suicide Squad--and all the good things Ostrander did with that concept--never gets a chance to play out. It's a lot of set-up with not much pay-off.

However, to finally see so many DC characters--and not the big leading name characters but the also-rans and the shoulda-beens--actually appearing in a movie is such a big deal. Maybe, if you grew up in this period of so many comic book super-hero movies, you think it's a right that every comic book character should appear in a movie. But to me this is fairly recent. So even if it wasn't a perfect movie, I'm thankful that something like SUICIDE SQUAD exists.

The way I look at it, it's like those anthology comics that had a framing story to connect all the random stories in the issue. Sometimes these comics were conceived in a perfect way but a lot of times they were cobbled together with inventory stories and reprints. And the framing story has a tough job trying to make a connection between these disparate tales. Thus the framing story is wonky and doesn't conclude well, but it holds together all these smaller short stories about a bunch of DC characters I really like. And it's those small stories that make the anthology worthwhile.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Hahaha, by a million miles! All of the other DCEU films have ranged from terrible (with a few cool moments) to unspeakably terrible (with one or two OKish moments). Wonder Woman is easily one of the very best superhero films to date - yes, even with that somewhat disappointing (but really not as bad as some say) finale.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Extraordinary Member

As others have said: A) Yes, easily the DCEU's best film by far.

And B) that ain't saying much since I wouldn't see Man of Steel again if you paid me, Suicide Squad was only mediocre, and Batman's solo fight scenes were the
    only good thing about BvS.