Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Captain America vs. Darth Maul

Movie versions for both. Cap gets his shield and Maul gets his dual-sided lightsaber. Assume Cap's shield can withstand Maul's lightsaber.

vs.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

IF Cap can outspeed Maul, he could end this with a swift shield throw to the head, being much stronger and all that.

That's a pretty big if though, I certainly wouldn't put it past Maul to TK-catch the shield in mid-flight. And then it's instant impalement.

Exactly. Unless there is a scenario like above, Maul should be able to end this fairly quickly in close quarters.

Incredible Member

Cap really cannot shield throw against a guy with TK.
    Assuming Maul has any other Force power like Choke, he can make Cap go in for close quarters fighting.
    The speed advantage of Cap is not very significant in this case so he has only a slim chance of landing a hit before getting hacked up.
    Not liking Steve's odds in this fight.

I don't see a scenario where cap wins more than 1 of 10 fights honestly.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Cap really cannot shield throw against a guy with TK.
    Assuming Maul has any other Force power like Choke, he can make Cap go in for close quarters fighting.
    The speed advantage of Cap is not very significant in this case so he has only a slim chance of landing a hit before getting hacked up.
    Not liking Steve's odds in this fight.
    Nevermind TK.

If Cyborg Bucky can just manually grab that shield out of the air, I don't see why Cyborg Anakin couldn't do that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Nevermind TK.

If Cyborg Bucky can just manually grab that shield out of the air, I don't see why Cyborg Anakin couldn't do that as well.
    Um this is Darth Maul not Darth Vader

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Eh. So it is.

I'll just go lie down for a while then...

Incredible Member

Nevermind TK.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Eh. So it is.

I'll just go lie down for a while then...
    This was Ninja'd.. however, Vader (Movies only) has really no feats that give him the ability to catch a shield. He moves slowly and cumbersome and has no strength feats to come close to Bucky.
    Outside of the Force, of course.

If you meant with just the arm, Anakin still does not have the speed feats of Bucky, nor anywhere near the strength feats.

Flag boy ends up armless and legless and hops around like the black knight in Monty Python and the HG. Maul could just force choke him. Game over.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    Flag boy ends up armless and legless and hops around like the black knight in Monty Python and the HG.
    I'm finding it very difficult not to laugh at that scenario.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

ermmmmm

cap could one shot maul but it's the speed that's the issue. the only speed feat i can remember for cap is him, bucky and BP outrunning traffic. maul's TK is a issue but i'm not sure if it's a game breaking issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ermmmmm

cap could one shot maul but it's the speed that's the issue. the only speed feat i can remember for cap is him, bucky and BP outrunning traffic. maul's TK is a issue but i'm not sure if it's a game breaking issue.
    Cap does things like blocking those energy blasts at close range.
    Same energy blasts are impossible for normal people to dodge (Hawkeye, from across the room has to push down Nick Fury for example). Hawkeye has to dodge them from further range and shows more difficulty. Thor, on the other hand, casually blocks them with his hammer at close range.

Cap also has things like blitzing Iron Man and various other people, including groups.

But he is not really too fast that he can avoid the saber and still get a hit in very often.

But yes, he can definitely one-shot Maul if given the opportunity.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Cap does things like blocking those energy blasts at close range.
    Same energy blasts are impossible for normal people to dodge (Hawkeye, from across the room has to push down Nick Fury for example). Hawkeye has to dodge them from further range and shows more difficulty. Thor, on the other hand, casually blocks them with his hammer at close range.

Cap also has things like blitzing Iron Man and various other people, including groups.

But he is not really too fast that he can avoid the saber and still get a hit in very often.

But yes, he can definitely one-shot Maul if given the opportunity.
    that's what i mean by the speed being the issue. i'm iffy on him being able to tag him. he can shrug off a few glancing blows from the saber but not a full on stab from it.

and we only have one fight from maul and it didn't tell us much.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

(Pulls out bugle) It's taps for Cap. Unless Doctor Strange appears after having destroyed Darth Vader on another thread.