Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If movie Maul never displayed a force choke, can we assume that he can do it or no? His best force feats were using a piece of rubble/droid to open a door and his force push of Obi-wan, so would that be enough to stop Cap?

How much faster is Maul when wielding his light-saber than Cap when using his shield up close?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

How much faster is Maul when wielding his light-saber than Cap when using his shield up close?
    Slower I should think. The weapon doesn't change the base speed of the character

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    If movie Maul never displayed a force choke, can we assume that he can do it or no? His best force feats were using a piece of rubble/droid to open a door and his force push of Obi-wan, so would that be enough to stop Cap?

i'd say no. i think he does do in rebels but i'd have to go back and watch those eps again.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd say we can grant him the force choke, it's a pretty ubiquitous sith trait.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Slower I should think. The weapon doesn't change the base speed of the character
    True. What I should've stated was: what is the speed difference between Maul wielding his light-saber and Cap using his shield? Is Maul much faster than Cap or is the difference not really all that significant?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that's what i mean by the speed being the issue. i'm iffy on him being able to tag him. he can shrug off a few glancing blows from the saber but not a full on stab from it.

and we only have one fight from maul and it didn't tell us much.
    Right, but just on the fight we have, I do not see him do anything particularly impressive.
    Cap has better shown speed. Is it enough to actually stop Maul? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Right, but just on the fight we have, I do not see him do anything particularly impressive.
    Cap has better shown speed. Is it enough to actually stop Maul? I doubt it.
    so really it might be a coin flip. TK shouldn't factor into this since the only thing maul has moved is a box. if this added his feats from "rebels", then i'd give him better odds.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so really it might be a coin flip. TK shouldn't factor into this since the only thing maul has moved is a box. if this added his feats from "rebels", then i'd give him better odds.
    I have not watched Rebels yet.. not had time.
    However, I would imagine his feats there are much better.
    TK is not really important, no. I was just pointing out that if he managed to stop the shield with it on a shield throw, it would be pretty bad for Cap.
    Basically, he should not shield throw.

Otherwise, it is kinda meh. I am not sure he can get by the foresight and threat of a lightsaber, but perhaps he can.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'd say we can grant him the force choke, it's a pretty ubiquitous sith trait.
    ... Is it? If this is movie only? There haven't been that many Sith in the films. How many of them actually used it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    ... Is it? If this is movie only? There haven't been that many Sith in the films. How many of them actually used it?
    One?
    And a Jedi used it (Luke).

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

One?
    And a Jedi used it (Luke).
    Yeah, Vader is the only I can think of. Wouldn't surprise if Dooku used it, but I am pretty sure Palpatine didn't. So the force choke looks like less of a "standard" thing if it was only used by guys named Skywalker in Canon.

BANNED

This was Ninja'd.. however, Vader (Movies only) has really no feats that give him the ability to catch a shield. He moves slowly and cumbersome and has no strength feats to come close to Bucky.
    Outside of the Force, of course.
    Blocked Han Solo's blaster bolts with just one hand.
    And the novelisation makes clear that this is a pure reflexes/armour feat, and nothing to do with the Force.

Dooku grabbed Obi Wan with TK and threw him - I figure if you can grab someone, you can throw them. And was beaten, but, while blasters are slower than bullets, they are still fast and Vader casually blocked several shots and TKed the gun over in the same motion, so for that side discussion, there are feats to show Vader isn't really "slow"; he just doesn't need to move fast.

I have not watched Rebels yet.. not had time.
    However, I would imagine his feats there are much better.
    TK is not really important, no. I was just pointing out that if he managed to stop the shield with it on a shield throw, it would be pretty bad for Cap.
    Basically, he should not shield throw.

Otherwise, it is kinda meh. I am not sure he can get by the foresight and threat of a lightsaber, but perhaps he can.
    "rebels" is.............ok. it's not "clone wars" but it has its moments.

vader comes in like a boss.

asoka dealing with him and the fact that he turned against the jedi.

the return of maul.

and my favorite thing, the introduction of grand admiral thrawn.

Given that they are literally the same canon, I think it's kinda weird to not include Maul's feats from Clone Wars and Rebels.