Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Given that they are literally the same canon, I think it's kinda weird to not include Maul's feats from Clone Wars and Rebels.
    Idk man. They've always treated canons that stretch across multiple media as a pretty segmented affair here. Largely because of stuff like how much the original SW EU contradicted itself and the source material.

Does Siriel still post here and have mod privileges? Because I'd consider him a good authority on what should count and what shouldn't for this stuff.

Well yeah, before April 2014 Star Wars Canon was quite the mess, with the 6 hierarchy nonsense.

However, since Disney took over it is as simple as it can get:
    Every EU Material except for Clone Wars from Pre-April 2014 -> Non-canon.
    Everything after that, no matter if comics, books, TV shows or games -> Canon.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Do we have any reason to assume the shield can withstand lightsaber? cuz if it can't, caps dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well yeah, before April 2014 Star Wars Canon was quite the mess, with the 6 hierarchy nonsense.

However, since Disney took over it is as simple as it can get:
    Every EU Material except for Clone Wars from Pre-April 2014 -> Non-canon.
    Everything after that, no matter if comics, books, TV shows or games -> Canon.
    With, I believe, one exception: the Old Republic Bioware MMORPG, which remains firmly non-canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Do we have any reason to assume the shield can withstand lightsaber? cuz if it can't, caps dead.
    Various rare substances exist in the Star Wars universe that Lightsabers can't do much about.

A Lightsaber is basically just plasma, and Cap has never had issues blocking plasma weapons.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Various rare substances exist in the Star Wars universe that Lightsabers can't do much about.

A Lightsaber is basically just plasma, and Cap has never had issues blocking plasma weapons.
    And its taken hits that are pretty far above what the Saber seems to dish out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    It no-sold Thor with his hammer charged with lightning... so yeah, Lightsaber should be no issue at all.
    Specifically, it reflects energy attacks even better than physical attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    With, I believe, one exception: the Old Republic Bioware MMORPG, which remains firmly non-canon.
    Oh yeah, that's right.

Well, Old Republic debuted before 2014, but you are right in that it still get's new contents up until today.

It is the sole Legends media that is still continued, everything else was scrapped.

I think it come down to who can disarm their opponent first. Maul has some pretty limited force abilities in the movie. If Cap can somehow disarm him then he might have a chance. Maul had the force push he used against Obi-wan, but I don't see that keeping Cap down for long. Conversely, if Maul manages to disarm Cap of his shield, then he should take this with a few swipes of his light-saber.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!