Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default Vandal Savage appreciation thread?

Always been a big fan of my Villain's,maybe more so than my Hero's..
    Got introduced to vandal savage reading morrisson's Batman run and after further investigation I see he's been instigating dastardly plan after plan for years in the DC universe.. million's of years..
    Let the appreciation thread begin!

BANNED

Incredible Member

I have not read many DC comics, but I really liked the Justice League episode Hereafter Part 2. It showed a much different side of Vandal Savage....

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Vandal Savage does not need you giving him praise! He just takes it!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Hmm just out of curiosity what comic were these images taken from?

Spectacular Member

Anyone have any opinions on what story arc's in diff comicbooks have been the best to feature vandal savage?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Octagon View Post
    Hmm just out of curiosity what comic were these images taken from?
    It's from the "Secret Six: Six Degrees Of Devastation" mini series by Gail Simone.

Spectacular Member

It's from the "Secret Six: Six Degrees Of Devastation" mini series by Gail Simone.
    Hmm have Ras al ghul and vandal savage had much interaction over the years? they seem of the same ilk

BANNED

Hmm have Ras al ghul and vandal savage had much interaction over the years? they seem of the same ilk
    I don't think they ever met even once.

Always been a big fan of my Villain's,maybe more so than my Hero's..
    Got introduced to vandal savage reading morrisson's Batman run and after further investigation I see he's been instigating dastardly plan after plan for years in the DC universe.. million's of years..
    Let the appreciation thread begin!
    I think my favorite Vandal Savage stuff was in JUSTICE LEAGUE TASK FORCE, Justice League America (Marc Campos art) and in Secret Six (Gail has a knack for badassery in general but especially among the villains and street levelers)

Boisterously Confused

Always been a big Vandal Savage fan. Used right, he ranks as one of the most dangerous antagonists in the DCU. I always thought he'd make a better arch-enemy for Hawkman than anyone else, but he's a big enough threat to share around.

I don't think they ever met even once.
    I always thought it would be neat if they had a regular, annual get-together over coffee somewhere ancient, like Istanbul, just to chat. Each knowing that he would eventually have to eliminate the other if his plans ever got past the meddling-superhero-mucked-it-up-again phase, but for now, indulging in the pleasure of each other's company. After all, who else on Earth could possibly understand their POV on life?

Anyone have any opinions on what story arc's in diff comicbooks have been the best to feature vandal savage?
    There are three for me:

The first was his role as a recurring baddie for The Flash, immediately post-Crisis:
    images.jpg
    He was chilling.

The second was the seven-issue JSA series:
    Attachment 70830
    Among it's other merits, it was a rare DC comic in the 1990s that didn't feel the need to be bleak.

The last was his role in The JSA's late-1990's series, where he was out to rub out potential and actual heirs of the JSA in hopes of putting the organization down, once and for all.
    Attachment 70832
    In addition, I have to say that I really enjoyed his role in the Young Justice toon. I wish they'd focused on The Light's inner workings a bit more. I find it hard to believe that He, Luthor, Ras, Queen Bee, and Black Manta weren't all constantly jockeying for advantage over one another almost as hard as they were scheming against The World. Sure they had common goals, but I can't see any of those completely putting their own hunger to be on top aside, or at least making contingencies to deal with the others the instant they achieved their goals, or at the very least, occasionally sabotaging other members to make sure that no one else accumulated an unassailable advantage over the others.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 09-15-2018 at 11:35 AM.