Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    And do you think Marvel should handle F4 better than Fox tried?
    At this point F4 may work better as cameos or supporting characters in the MCU rather than yet another origin story

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    At this point F4 may work better as cameos or supporting characters in the MCU rather than yet another origin story
    That may be the best way to rehabilitate the franchise, throw them into other movies like Spider-man in Civil War and grow into their own film again.

BANNED

You know, I started this thread casting a vote for Howard the Duck. I just watched it again after, oh, 6 or 7 years.

I'm gonna change my vote to The Rocketeer. For the life of me, can't understand what I ever liked about HTD. Every single scene was 75% longer than it should have been, and needlessly noisy.

Now that I think about it, F4.

Way better than folks gave it credit for.

Dredd, aka the best movie that nobody watched.

Watchmen. It’s one of my favorite CBMs period.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

There were redeeming elements to all the FF movies thus far:

1. in the first 2 movies - Reed, Ben, Johnny and the Surfer were fine / great. Sue, Galactus and Doom were the weak links
    2. In F4 - the action was sort of ok with some good CGI. But storytelling was halfbaked.

Incredible Hulk was awesome but suffered for the previous movie being terrible. ASM2 was a good movie to me too but underperformed at the box office. I also liked MoS a lot but some hate it.

Five movies into my X-Men movie marathon, and I still think The Last Stand is a good underrated movie.

I used to think the same about Origins: Wolverine, then came Batman V Superman and changed how I view comic book movies, I became very critical and more attentive to film flaws than I used to, boy is that movie bad, whether you look at it as a story on its own, continuity to the other X-Men films, or cheap effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Dredd, aka the best movie that nobody watched.
    Any movie that has the character of Joseph Dredd is a favorite of mine. The new one could have used more views, and the old one isn't nearly as bad as its reputation.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Five movies into my X-Men movie marathon, and I still think The Last Stand is a good underrated movie.

I used to think the same about Origins: Wolverine, then came Batman V Superman and changed how I view comic book movies, I became very critical and more attentive to film flaws than I used to,
    I am genuinely curious why you think The Last Stand is a good movie given your epiphany after watching Batman v Superman. For me, the killer of The Last Stand is the basic film flaw that the script makes Jean Grey into the most powerful being on Earth, but the final battle between the mutants leaves her entirely sidelined doing nothing. Ordered to do nothing, motivated to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I am genuinely curious why you think The Last Stand is a good movie given your epiphany after watching Batman v Superman. For me, the killer of The Last Stand is the basic film flaw that the script makes Jean Grey into the most powerful being on Earth, but the final battle between the mutants leaves her entirely sidelined doing nothing. Ordered to do nothing, motivated to do nothing.
    She almost annihilated every soldier in the field, and destroyed the facility.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Justice League can now be added to the list. It wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as the critics are making it out to be. It was a fun popcorn flick that you could just
    kick back and enjoy. Not every movie needs to be Schindler's List.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Justice League can now be added to the list. It wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as the critics are making it out to be. It was a fun popcorn flick that you could just
    kick back and enjoy. Not every movie needs to be Schindler's List.
    Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy were fun popcorn flicks too, but the critics felt very differently about them. I don't think it being not Schindler's List was the issue for them

I definitely think the Fantastic Four films from the mid-2000s (2005 and 2007) are really underrated and underappreciated. I really enjoyed the movies, but I can admit they could have been better.

I feel like if the first one would have had more action then it would have been a far better movie. And as far as the second one is concerned, I wish they would have left Doom out of it and focused more on the Silver Surfer and Galactus in the second half.

The movies may not have been anywhere near perfect, but they were in my opinion, enjoyable and the characters were recognizable to their comic book counterparts in both looks and personality. Also, I enjoyed seeing a superhero film that highlighted the normal lives of the characters as well as those of their superhero personas.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    What about Silver Surfer, Galactus and Doom in the MCU?

Astonishing Member

Watchman by far.