Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    Blade... first one only. Probably one of the few Snipes moves I actually like. First glimmer of hope that you could actually do a superhero movie.
    I think blade gets its just do,Blade 2 aswell. Also i loved wesley snipes so i think he was great in most things. Demolition man i found him more intetesting then sly and Bullock. His action has always been on point,he can sell fights like few action actors can. Blade and Blade II are good examples of it.

BANNED

Snipes isn't all that as an "action" star

for Demolition Man, they reshot almost all of his fight scenes because they were such trash

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

for Demolition Man, they reshot almost all of his fight scenes because they were such trash
    First ive heard of this. Was it because snipes was bad or because of just poorly crafted fight scenes? Because there is no way in hell sly sells a punch better then Snipes. Also Snipes was playing it as a comedy on that movie. Action movies like Blade 1 and 2 are better at selling his skills.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    First ive heard of this. Was it because snipes was bad or because of just poorly crafted fight scenes? Because there is no way in hell sly sells a punch better then Snipes. Also Snipes was playing it as a comedy on that movie. Action movies like Blade 1 and 2 are better at selling his skills.
    Bad, he's also notoriously difficult to work with

and considering Sly was doing Rocky since the late 70s and various other action movies, I don't doubt his ability on something as simple as selling a punch

but I was going to say Blade - I don't think it gets its due, especially considering it was made for next to nothing compared to what CBFs get today for a budget

Fantastic Member

I think blade gets its just do,Blade 2 aswell. Also i loved wesley snipes so i think he was great in most things. Demolition man i found him more intetesting then sly and Bullock. His action has always been on point,he can sell fights like few action actors can. Blade and Blade II are good examples of it.
    I can see how I spoke a little too soon about the guy... just a lot of his stuff does not hold up well when you watch it now. IMDb gave me a quick refresher so I can recall somewhat or completely liking: "Willie Mays" Hayes, Nino Brown, Sidney "Syd" Deane, John Cutter, Simon Phoenix, Harlan Regis, Mark J. Sheridan... so it's like 7/50 (readily admit I haven't seen all snipes movies)

About Blade: The credit for me at least is: a) it is his best b) first movie that felt like what a comic movie COULD be. Nothing before it felt that way and there was a lull before we got higher quality comic movies again. It was the spark of the genre and I think people forget its significance.

I did like Snipes better than everyone else in that movie though (MAYBE Denis Leary)... so reshoot away if it meant the best actor stays in.

Hellboy 2.

That being said it is liked well enough so i'm not sure if "underrated" really applies there.

Green Hornet maybe. Seth Rogen though, the movie would have done so much better with someone less annoying.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 09-25-2017 at 11:25 AM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

Not going to bother saying more about it: been there, done that already. One more round won't change anybody's mind.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Bad, he's also notoriously difficult to work with

and considering Sly was doing Rocky since the late 70s and various other action movies, I don't doubt his ability on something as simple as selling a punch

but I was going to say Blade - I don't think it gets its due, especially considering it was made for next to nothing compared to what CBFs get today for a budget
    Ppl always bring this up but the problem is unless your Goyer or someone who worked on Blade 3 ppl who work with snipes including Sly love him. **** Woody Harleson got him a job on Hunger games but his legal issues got in the way and they gave the part to lenny Kravitz. Hes one of Spike Lees fav actors. So id love to hear what other actors and Directoes hate him. Though i never heard of them reshooting Demoltion man because he was bad. **** most ppl i hear from think he was the highlight of that movie. So it possible hes pissed others off. But as far as Blade 3 i think he was right anyway. But then again i dislike Goyer so maybe im biased.

Have you watched Rocky the fights are not good. I mean they sell them fine most the time but choreography looks nothing like real boxing. They usually take turns going after each other. With each movie they got better at it and Creed looked like legit boxing. I think Balboa was well done too if thats the one Tarver fighting sly.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-25-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

Not going to bother saying more about it: been there, done that already. One more round won't change anybody's mind.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I can respect that, i just get annoyed when ppl claim its a smart movie and anyone who didnt like it is dumb. I actually really like parts of that movie but as awhole i cany watch it. But i dont fault someone who does like it.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Ultimately, it all depends on how you want to look at it.

Is Ghost World a "Comic Book" movie?

It's based on a comic book, so I'd say yes.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Well, it is based on a comic book. So yeah, it's a comic book movie. Why wouldn't it be?
    Za Waldo beat me to the punch. Great minds and all.

Sandy Hausler

Extraordinary Member

Batman forever. It gets lumped in with Batman and Robin but is way better. I loved Kilmer as Batman. It coulda been so much better but nowhere near as bad as Batman and Robin
    Totally agree. While it could have been better, I actually prefer Forever to the Burton films since it has an actual plot and actual character development. For a popcorn flick it's pretty good. It never deserved to be lumped together with Batman and Robin.

The Amazing Spider-Man films. The Peter-Gwen relationship is fantastic and Garfield remains the best Spider-Man. The movies are bloated, but they're still pretty good.

Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3. Both are flawed, but neither is a total train wreck and both are fun action movies. Take out the dancing scenes and some of the Pheonix scenes and they'd be great.

Man of Steel and BvS. Again, flawed movies, but they still have a lot going for them. Great action and acting. Some great ideas that are not realized as well as they should be. I get that it's very disappointing to have Batman and Superman meet in an average movie, but being average is not the same as being one of the worst superhero movies ever.

Extraordinary Member

Avengers: Age of Ultron always feels underrated to me. Yeah, it couldn't live up to the hype of the first and had a pretty similar final battle.

But it went deeper into the characters, dealt with more gray areas concerning heroism, had an entertaining villain who wasn't just evil for the sake of being evil, gave a good introduction for Vision and Scarlet Witch and just generally works as an action adventure.

I find Blade II imminently watchable and enjoy it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I find Blade II imminently watchable and enjoy it.
    I think blade 1 and 2 are held in high regard by alot of people. I dont know which one i liked more honestly.