Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Detective Comics #965 preview and discussion (SPOILERS!)

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...ve-comics-965/

Whew, glad I didn't duplicate a thread.

Anyway, really excited about the restoration of Tim's past - I have a few hopes for this arc.

1) Steph will be in it! (That one I already know, because of the cover of the finale, and because Tynion said at Baltimore Comic Con that the three Spoiler issues released since the end of The Victim Syndicate are tying into A Lonely Place of Living.)

2) We'll deal not only with Tim escaping from Mr. Oz, but also with the question of why Future's End/Batman Beyond Tim Drake disappeared. ALSO maybe he's connected to the Batwoman future - since didn't Bruce die in Future's End or something? (I did not read Future's End - too gory for me.)

3) That we end (or have a crucial moment) where we get Tim's inspiring, "Batman needs a Robin" speech repeated. After All-Star Batman #1's "Batman doesn't need Robin" "Robin doesn't need Batman," I really, really hope we get the truth out there again.

Another though - I like Barrows' redesign of Tim's Robin suit, but I miss Dixon and Lyle's cool little computer bumps on the arms. I'm sure they're theoretically still there under the armor, but it's so much of the 90s/early 2000s Robin style for me.
    Last edited by millernumber1; 09-25-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Those "A lonely place of Dying" flashbacks .

Man, does it feel good to have Tim's Robin history back .

Oh, and I guess he's been wearing his old Robin costume (or at least the redesign) the entire time, just with double R's .

THANK YOU for this.

Maybe we will see this image(one remake) soon..

stephanie brown spoiler tim cover.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-25-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Why is the old Robin costume back?

Thank you for the preview!

Tim’s face is a bit creepy with that smirk though

Yep, I'll sit that one out. Everything wrong with that damned Tim Drake in two pages. I especially hate his "Batman needs a Robin" bullshit. I hope Tim will get his solo, team book or whatever soon and leave 'Tec quickly. I really don't want to drop this title, but I'll do if he returns for long.
    Last edited by Korath; 09-25-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yep, I'll sit that one out. Everything wrong with that damned Tim Drake in two pages. I especially hate is "Batman needs a Robin" bullshit. I hope Tim will get his solo, team book or whatever soon and leave 'Tec quickly. I really don't want to drop this title, but I'll do if he returns for long.
    I love it .

BANNED

Grumblings about Tim getting his time as Robin back while Cass and Steph will undoubtedly be stuck with their awful NuOrigins for years to come, I really do like this. The mix of the flashbacks with Tim's storytelling really works.

Oh, also don't like that he's always worn the armor.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Yep, I'll sit that one out. Everything wrong with that damned Tim Drake in two pages. I especially hate is "Batman needs a Robin" bullshit. I hope Tim will get his solo, team book or whatever soon and leave 'Tec quickly. I really don't want to drop this title, but I'll do if he returns for long.
    I don't mind the batman needs robin thing. It's not true. We know it's not true. it's been proven to be untrue but it's a big part of old Tim and if it makes fans happy then why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love it .
    I know that it's well loved by most. I can't understand why, however. I guess you have to have read comics with him at the time to like Tim and this terrible line. I honestly find the way Harper helped Batman after Damian's death better written and more intelligent that this stupidity about Batman needing to put another child in danger alongside him to work as a hero.

Yep, I'll sit that one out. Everything wrong with that damned Tim Drake in two pages. I especially hate his "Batman needs a Robin" bullshit. I hope Tim will get his solo, team book or whatever soon and leave 'Tec quickly. I really don't want to drop this title, but I'll do if he returns for long.

do you want some fies with the salt, dude...XD

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Why is the old Robin costume back?
    Better, he was Robin again.. Superman Reborn fused the 2 continuities.. Is the best excuse for many things that they make return..

BATMAN NEEDS A ROBIN... Yeah... ALWAYS.. The opposite idea was Damian doom, except for some appearances, he is not in the batworld like in the past..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-25-2017 at 10:15 AM.

I like this not so much for the Tim part since I was hoping that Tim;s discovery of the identities would be reworked to involved actual detective work, skills or even brain cells. this was a chance to do something spectacular and update a dated and frankly stupid part of the lore but no we go back to eyes and memory and that show that every single person in Gotham went to see.

No the great thing about this, what I'm loving the fact that they all wanted to impress Grayson. The 1st. The original. That makes me so happy. I love it every time writers acknowledge the greatness and importance of Dick Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    do you want some fies with the salt, dude...XD
    Sure you meant to say fries there mate and also really?

Mighty Member

It'ts always been a thing though. Batman and Robin. This recent they don't need each other stuff is the actual bullcrap. Robin is a damn sidekick and DC needs to go back to letting him be one. No matter if its Tim or one of the other boys.