Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default How Long until Cyclops returns?

How long is it going to be until 616 Cyclops returns? I mean, Professor X is returning, Wolvie is returning, and so is Jean. It wouldn't make sense NOT to.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

i want marvel to take their time with scott until they find a way to fix the mess they did with him.
    with all the resurreccions happening so suddenly maybe 1-3 years

I almost want to X-Men to really end up struggling with out him. And I don't mean bad stories. I mean bad things happening in good stories. Realizing how much burden Scott had on his shoulders and how important he is to them.

It's probably not going to happen anytime soon, but it will happen eventually. I have a feeling Marvel will keep adult Cyclops dead for a while, if only to give adult Jean some room to grow on her own, but I do think adult Cyclops will eventually return. I think it might even be tied into what happens with the O5 X-men. I think that may be the final conflict they face before they go back to their own time. It probably won't happen until next year at the earliest, but I suspect Marvel will try to turn it into a major event.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Thing is that they could easily say Scott was in a coma and Emma's been keeping him somewhere.

it wouldn't need to be a convoluted issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I almost want to X-Men to really end up struggling with out him. And I don't mean bad stories. I mean bad things happening in good stories. Realizing how much burden Scott had on his shoulders and how important he is to them.
    For them to struggle, they'd have to go back to extinction problems and the books are moving away from that. Sadly, they will never really acknowledge what he went through.

I doubt Marvel wants to bring him back soon especially when they still view him as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Thing is that they could easily say Scott was in a coma and Emma's been keeping him somewhere.

it wouldn't need to be a convoluted issue.
    You're right. That would simplify the issue since Cyclops' body was never buried. But it might be too simple. I highly doubt Marvel will bring Cyclops back into the mix initially. I think that's just too many resurrections all at once, even for Marvel.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

I would say 3 to 5 years.

But that depends on several things like the fate of the O5.

Besides would not count on Xavier's return yet what is appearing in Astonishing is a spirit or something like this and as long as he does not have a body does not count as resurrection.

Niffleheim

Cyclops will show up the minute Logan and Jean are at the altar and about to say their i do's lol!

Fantastic Member

It's pretty crazy that Cyclops has already been gone for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    It's pretty crazy that Cyclops has already been gone for two years.
    To be fair, some characters have returned after less of an absence. Thor died at the end of Fear Itself, but didn't even stay dead for a year before he came back. And more recently, Bruce Banner came back in Secret Empire after being dead for less than a year. So Cyclops' return wouldn't be unprecedented, especially with a time-displaced version of himself running around. But I still suspect Marvel will delay it so that there aren't so many resurrections all at once.

Comment posted in error.
    Last edited by DavidMunroe; 09-25-2017 at 11:51 PM.

The sooner the better imo.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

He's not as big a selling character at all, and they stretched him extremely far. He's my favorite, but if they're going to get back to the same stuff he was dealing with recently, they can hold off a lot longer imo.

Who knows, but when he does return i expect it'll be as nonchalant as his death.