Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    Spectacular Member

cmon evetone knows that rachel grey is aoa wolverines daughter the face and the studs itself is a giveaway claremont just dosnt want to admit it. cmon why isnt she called rachel summmers. pssh
    Wanda: Self-described soldiers adorned with an "X" with no dedication to what it stands for..

X-MAN: There is no measure.. to the level of sacrifice to what it stood for.. for sure as hell it's not an "A".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
    cmon evetone knows that rachel grey is aoa wolverines daughter the face and the studs itself is a giveaway claremont just dosnt want to admit it. cmon why isnt she called rachel summmers. pssh

Stay on topic please

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Stay on topic please
    i was on topic. guys kept saying that cyke is a panel hog so he should not return. when in fact its wolverine. cause he's lets face it hes overrated. sorry for the typos am using my cp. damn big fingers?
    Wanda: Self-described soldiers adorned with an "X" with no dedication to what it stands for..

X-MAN: There is no measure.. to the level of sacrifice to what it stood for.. for sure as hell it's not an "A".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
    i was on topic. guys kept saying that cyke is a panel hog so he should not return. when in fact its wolverine. cause he's lets face it hes overrated. sorry for the typos am using my cp. damn big fingers?
    The mods already deleted 2pages for that.No need to start again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    No Cyke over a poorly written one is the right choice - even if it hurts. However, I don't think potential romantic relationships should have any bearing on Cyclops' return.
    I think it does Like it or not, Jean and Emma's stories are very intertwined with Scott's, and vice versa. Even if Marvel decides to ship Scott to the Final Frontier, sooner or later, Marvel will be pressure for an answer, so that's something the X-Office needs to decide as a whole.

Looking back, I'd say Jean's death was handled very well. There was no mud thrown in her grave-- and in fact, you had characters (Scott, specifically) looking to Jean's memory for strength whenever he was having doubts. Phoenix Endsong even treated Jean well by reaffirming everyone's love for Jean and their willingness to wait patiently for her return. Now, I wouldn't say the X-Office had these grand plans for Jean upon her return, mostly because I am often doubtful of their competency, but the general consensus in this (catty) forum seems to be that X-Men: Red and Jean are written right. I'd love if the X-Office can give Scott even half that level of reverence given the shitefest leading up to his death.

So, yeah. No Cyke over a poorly written Cyke.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I think it does Like it or not, Jean and Emma's stories are very intertwined with Scott's, and vice versa. Even if Marvel decides to ship Scott to the Final Frontier, sooner or later, Marvel will be pressure for an answer, so that's something the X-Office needs to decide as a whole.

Looking back, I'd say Jean's death was handled very well. There was no mud thrown in her grave-- and in fact, you had characters (Scott, specifically) looking to Jean's memory for strength whenever he was having doubts. Phoenix Endsong even treated Jean well by reaffirming everyone's love for Jean and their willingness to wait patiently for her return. Now, I wouldn't say the X-Office had these grand plans for Jean upon her return, mostly because I am often doubtful of their competency, but the general consensus in this (catty) forum seems to be that X-Men: Red and Jean are written right. I'd love if the X-Office can give Scott even half that level of reverence given the shitefest leading up to his death.

there was only one positive handle of Jean's death. And I am sure Cyclops wasnt part of it.

Scott is having more respect from Jean, thant Kean from Cyclops
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-29-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Mighty Member

But what is poorly written? Like turning him back to BoyScott?

I surely don’t want him a BoyScott ... I like me so RightClop. But if they want to make a switch in the character I don’t mind it as long as Marvel do it gradually and logically (nothing to do with relationships) and as long as Marvel don’t retcon some ****. ie manipulated by Emma or sth like that.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Please, please tell me your joking, literally the last panels of her final issue for years after is telling her "ex" husband that moving on was fine as he made out with Emma on her grave....

Her next precious mentions there after are by Emma being called a "sacred cow", and the scapegoat for all Scott's problems. Which was all barely a month after her passing let alone how often and consistently she was disparaged by the folks at Marvel from the higher ups to the writers, it was not at all a kind fourteen years for her character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    But what is poorly written? Like turning him back to BoyScott?

I surely don’t want him a BoyScott ... I like me so RightClop. But if they want to make a switch in the character I don’t mind it as long as Marvel do it gradually and logically (nothing to do with relationships) and as long as Marvel don’t retcon some ****. ie manipulated by Emma or sth like that.

At this point, I hope Scott comes back later this year, and somehow, Emma may be responsible for his resurrection. And somehow, she's makes it look heroic. Even if they don't get together then, Emma was the only person who really cared about him in the last 17 years.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    At this point, I hope Scott comes back later this year, and somehow, Emma may be responsible for his resurrection. And somehow, she's makes it look heroic. Even if they don't get together then, Emma was the only person who really cared about him in the last 17 years.
    I mean, it would make sense if she brought him since she has the body ... and yea, it would help her regain the heroic title after the mess Marvel put her through.

Or maybe Sinister has the body xD

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I am vehemently against the idea that he should be in "atoner" mode; I'm not trying to imply that that's what you want, but I dislike the suggestion that he has anything left to atone for. Maybe you can clarify that for me, but as far as I can tell, despite the reactions from the so-called superhero community, RightClops was doing the heroic thing to atone. After being maliciously and unjustifiably vilified by virtually everyone (chronologically) and the moment he had with Jean in PR#5 (which I honestly still don't like), the slate should be wiped clean in regards to his responsibility to others. I could understand if Scott chose to "atone" because he himself chooses to beat himself up, but otherwise? I'm missing something.
    I expect him to be in "atoner" mode because a) that would be very much in-character for him and b) it would make sense given Marvel editorial's current view of the character.

This seems, sadly, truer and truer with each passing day. If there were consistent and strong oversight at Marvel, there could be some great middle-ground found between the unpredictability and freewheeling nature of one-to-two year blocs and the stability and long-term narrative of multi-year blocs.
    To be fair, the shorter-term approach is industry standard now and has been for years. I don't like it because I think it tends to prioritize gimmicks and spectacle over organic character development and world-building, but the X-office is hardly the only one guilty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I expect him to be in "atoner" mode because a) that would be very much in-character for him and b) it would make sense given Marvel editorial's current view of the character.

To be fair, the shorter-term approach is industry standard now and has been for years. I don't like it because I think it tends to prioritize gimmicks and spectacle over organic character development and world-building, but the X-office is hardly the only one guilty of it.
    It's been a long time since I've had any confidence in Marvel or the X-office editorial team; maybe if they had a general sense of direction, their books wouldn't feel so aimless. And maybe it is the industry standard, but that doesn't means it's a good thing, you know?

Fantastic Member

Looking back, I'd say Jean's death was handled very well. There was no mud thrown in her grave-- and in fact, you had characters (Scott, specifically) looking to Jean's memory for strength whenever he was having doubts.
    lol Jean's legacy was greatly bastardize while she was gone, both in and out of the books.