Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Uncanny Avengers
    All New Wolverine
    Defenders
    Ms Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    All-New Wolverine, of course, is required reading for X-fans, I would say.
    While not a huge X-Men, I have been wanting to take a look at that one. Why do you think it's "required reading?"

Astonishing Member

Darth Vader
    Black Bolt
    Secret Warriors
    If you like secret warriors then try also Ms. Marvel and Moon girl as well.

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    Mostly an X-Men guy but I am looking to expand. What are the best current Marvel Titles right now? Why? I want to start branching out. I went through all of the most recent Doctor Strange, Royals (I dunno why I picked them), Started New Iron Man (couldn't really get into it), picked through a few others. What do people suggest?
    Iron Fist
    Venom
    Scarlet Spider
    Uncanny Avengers
    Amazing Spiderman Renew Your Vows
    Old Man Logan
    X-men Gold and Blue
    Astonishing X-men
    Weapon X
    Cable

Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider, it's been good only getting better.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    While not a huge X-Men, I have been wanting to take a look at that one. Why do you think it's "required reading?"
    Mostly because it's just really, really good. It's a lot more fun than one would expect of a book starring Laura. Gabby being there means great comedy, and also adds a lot of emotional stakes. The relationship between Laura and Gabby is so touching and sweet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Uncanny Avengers... Darth Vader And not much else.
    How much Deadpool over-do-it is in the series Uncanny Avengers? I read the first issue but I am nervous of too much silly. I will try the others too.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I suppose that all depends on who your fav characters are... Astonishing X-Men...Uncanny Avengers
    Astonishing X-Men is the best X Title by a mile... Stomping Blue, Gold and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Deadpool has been good since Marvel NOW! launched in 2012. He just hit rock bottom and seems to be getting back to his mercenary ways.

Daredevil by Charles Soule has been pretty consistent throughout... with awesome art from Ron Garney.
    How is Deadpool now? I like my Deapool not too over the top. I have always liked the idea of Daredevil-- I was just worried about some street levels and the "Batman Brood" itis syndrome.

For the Things Repeated most often:

For Mighty Thor: I was not happy how they did Odinson so dirty with how he lost the hammer but I enjoy the new Thor every where I see her... is she the real deal?

For Uncanny Avengers: Is this more Avenger-y or X-men-y? The first issue was kind of like a press conference after a fight which wasn't bad but definitely not the way to get me hooked into a series. How was the rest of it?

For Spider Gwen: How over the top is it? I like funny but I don't like cartoon. Is it the former or the later?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    All-New Wolverine...All-New Guardians of the Galaxy
    Mighty Thor
    Is the new Thor the real deal? I said it before that I HATE how they did Odinson, but every thing I have seen the New Thor in, be it crossover or a cameo, I really liked.

All-New Wolverine, of course, is required reading for X-fans, I would say. (Generation X has been excellent, too.)...
    Ms. Marvel's an obvious recommendation...Hawkeye's great...Black Bolt is arguably Marvel's best comic right now...
    Is Generation X more like the original Generation X or is it more Hogwarts but for mutants with way too many characters to care about or invest time into? I liked the New X-men after they trimmed all the "fat" to get to a team. Generation X was like that too. Not that the can't have a school setting or back drop but giving face time to so many who I KNOW will be killed for feels, just was not great for me last time they tried it. Weird for the sake weird characters and powers?

Is Ms. Marvel more of a cartoonish take or more serious? Hawkeye is Barton or the Younger one now? Is Black Bolt stuck in exile space prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    All New Wolverine
    Defenders
    Second person who talked about Defenders so what is making it so great?

All the All New Wolverine supporters: I tried the first couple of issues and I am just Wolverine'd out. OML, son from another reality, X-23, Batch H and the Wolverines, Future Wolverine and Mystique kid... its like they are trying to fill a hole that original Logan can only fill. I really loved X-23 when she first came out. I did. She was growing and becoming her own person which was cool.

Then. They. Put. Her. In. Wolverine's. Costume.

Huge mistake for me. Like a step backward. There is only one Logan and the "more sensible Wolverine" just doesn't work for me when we have OML who is a "real" more sensible wolverine. Let her be her and I am on board. Putting her in that costume was a mistake. Is there specific issues that will change my mind?
    Last edited by InvincibleDom; 09-25-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Old Man Logan
    X-men Gold and Blue
    Astonishing X-men
    Weapon X
    Cable
    I have tried most of these X titles ( I am a little gun shy on Cable because you know... they can't just make Cable what made him awesome, more like he is mutant Jesus now or some over the top things)... how are they with getting him back to his roots?

I have been really, REALLY disappointed with Blue and Gold, OML, Batch H and the Wolverines and the like... what made you like them?

Is Ms. Marvel more of a cartoonish take or more serious? Hawkeye is Barton or the Younger one now? Is Black Bolt stuck in exile space prison?
    Ms. Marvel is a more classic superhero story, a blend of humour and drama, varying depending on the story being told. Hawkeye is Kate. Black Bolt's in space prison, though the arc is ending, and after that, he'll be returning to Earth.

All the All New Wolverine supporters: I tried the first couple of issues and I am just Wolverine'd out. OML, son from another reality, X-23, Batch H and the Wolverines, Future Wolverine and Mystique kid... its like they are trying to fill a hole that original Logan can only fill. I really loved X-23 when she first came out. I did. She was growing and becoming her own person which was cool.

Then. They. Put. Her. In. Wolverine's. Costume.

Huge mistake for me. Like a step backward. There is only one Logan and the "more sensible Wolverine" just doesn't work for me when we have OML who is a "real" more sensible wolverine. Let her be her and I am on board. Putting her in that costume was a mistake. Is there specific issues that will change my mind?
    I actually think it made perfect sense for Laura to take over the Wolverine codename. First of all, I think dropping X-23 was a good move. She's not an experiment or a weapon. She's not a letter and a number. She's a person, and it was time she got to be a person. And as Logan's daughter, it made sense for her to carry on his legacy. And damn if she isn't owning it. She has the tenacity, the sheer unstoppable nature, of a Wolverine. And as Wolverine, she continues to be very much her own person. She's not Logan. She is her own person, with her own strengths, her own weaknesses, and her own moral system.

I really hope that she keeps the Wolverine codename when Logan comes back. And that she also keeps her own book. There can be two Wolverines. ****, since the X-office seems to think Laura should be kept far away from the other X-Men, while Logan should be on every single goddamn team, they can keep that approach, if they want. Logan can get the 8 teams, Laura can get the solo.

Fantastic Member

Ms. Marvel is a more classic superhero story, a blend of humour and drama, varying depending on the story being told. Hawkeye is Kate. Black Bolt's in space prison, though the arc is ending, and after that, he'll be returning to Earth.

I actually think it made perfect sense for Laura to take over the Wolverine codename. First of all, I think dropping X-23 was a good move. She's not an experiment or a weapon. She's not a letter and a number. She's a person, and it was time she got to be a person. And as Logan's daughter, it made sense for her to carry on his legacy. And damn if she isn't owning it. She has the tenacity, the sheer unstoppable nature, of a Wolverine. And as Wolverine, she continues to be very much her own person. She's not Logan. She is her own person, with her own strengths, her own weaknesses, and her own moral system.

I really hope that she keeps the Wolverine codename when Logan comes back. And that she also keeps her own book. There can be two Wolverines. ****, since the X-office seems to think Laura should be kept far away from the other X-Men, while Logan should be on every single goddamn team, they can keep that approach, if they want. Logan can get the 8 teams, Laura can get the solo.
    I know people are passionate about her so my comment was not meant to be disrespectful. I just wish if they gave her the mantle (I don't think he just handed it over) than she should have been it end of story.

Easier to swallow.

Now they got like two (three?) direct wolverines running around, 6 or 7 quasi Wolverines doing the same and she gets lost by putting on his costume. I had the same problem with Cassie Cain and the Batman Mantle. I like the character but there should be something about her look and presentation that is unique and not, "I took his costume because I am his clone and better than him". I just feel like they are selling out the character's when they do it like that. I may be in the minority for such an opinion though.

I know people are passionate about her so my comment was not meant to be disrespectful. I just wish if they gave her the mantle (I don't think he just handed it over) than she should have been it end of story.

Easier to swallow.

Now they got like two (three?) direct wolverines running around, 6 or 7 quasi Wolverines doing the same and she gets lost by putting on his costume. I had the same problem with Cassie Cain and the Batman Mantle. I like the character but there should be something about her look and presentation that is unique and not, "I took his costume because I am his clone and better than him". I just feel like they are selling out the character's when they do it like that. I may be in the minority for such an opinion though.
    I really don't think it's intended to suggest Laura is better than Logan (even if I think she's totally better, Logan's a prick and Laura's so much better than he is, screw Logan). Quite the opposite, I think the intention is that she looks up to Logan, and wants to carry on his legacy, while also making it her own. And she's been doing a great job at it.

I'll agree that having so many other Wolverines running around is lame. Old Man Logan was meh, but whatever, fine, I guess we can't go more than 5 minutes without Logan, so whatever. Daken, sure, he's been pretty much sidelined lately, so he's fine. Jimmy? Ugh. Laaaaaaaaaaaaame. So lame. The lamest. And it means that Laura, despite being the Wolverine, doesn't get to be part of a single team. While Old Man Logan is currently on three teams. And Laura's on none. And Bunn brought in a Bro-verine from another universe for Blue, because "gotta have a Wolverine!" And Laura's on no teams. And it sucks major ass. At least she's finally joining Weapon X. And will likely be awesome there.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Amazing Spider-Man
    Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man
    Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
    Defenders

I would have strongly mentioned trying the Punisher, but since he is unfortunately going to be the new War Machine....well....**** that nonsense.

How much Deadpool over-do-it is in the series Uncanny Avengers? I read the first issue but I am nervous of too much silly. I will try the others too.
    Deadpool was written very very well in Uncanny Avengers, but he's not in it anymore. It's also felt very much like an X-Men title.

How is Deadpool now? I like my Deapool not too over the top.
    Still going strong, definitely not over the top like previous writers who will remain nameless. The Secret Empire tie-ins are some of the best of the series.
    Last edited by cc008; 09-26-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man
    Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
    Defenders

I would have strongly mentioned trying the Punisher, but since he is unfortunately going to be the new War Machine....well....**** that nonsense.
    Everyone is recommending the Scarlet Spider... so I need to check it out. Will look at the other Spider titles too. Yeah Punisher as War Machine sounds like an idea for "All New" that some dude who never understood Punisher would say is a good idea... speaking of weird for a moment that was an instant turn off... Blade Spider man green and purple??