Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm really enjoying the Green Lanterns series (with Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz), and I'm not much of a DC guy. Does a pretty good job of keeping the characters front and center so far.

DC Rebirth #1- This is a must-read.

Dark Nights: Metal- If you enjoy over-the-top weirdness, mixed with horror, mixed with superhero action.

Action Comics- Solid as f*** Superman story. Has something for everybody.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps- Absolutely beautiful artwork, and a really fun space epic.

Mister Miracle- A potentially instant classic.

Justice League vs. Suicide Squad- If you like straight up good vs. evil superhero stories, this is it.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Dan Abnett's AQUAMAN is so much fun.
    Tom King's BATMAN and his MISTER MIRACLE are both great reads.

The Young Animal books are also worth a look. SHADE is the best.

Incredible Member

Superman volumes 1 & 2
    Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps
    Nightwing
    Detective Comics
    Super Sons
    Batman

I've tried most everything mentioned in the thread, and these are the books I like.

Dark Nights and Mr Miracle could be good, but it's early. Only a couple issues released.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Dan Abnett's AQUAMAN is pretty good.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corps
    Batman
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Red Hood & the Outlaws

These are enough to start

I completely spaced on two that others recommended:

Mister Miracle
    Deathstroke

Both excellent and now I will submit myself to Granny Goodness' gentle punishments for forgetting those two fantastic books.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I'm loving Action and Superman more than I have since before Flashpoint. Both are amazing. Both Green Lantern books are pretty good, as well as Aquaman. I think Justice League is pretty good as well.

Batman, the Flash, Mister Miracle, and Aquaman.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Detective Comics. With one Bat-team..
    New Super-Man. Chinese Super, Bat, Wond.. FUNNY COMIC.. The people love this, the end of this comic was in the 18 but... Fans support changed this(I am talking about a recent tweet of his team)..
    Deathstroke. Priest Deathstroke is Great.
    Red Hood Outlaws. The DEFINITIVE OUTLAWS... The best Bizarro of the comics is here..
    Green Lanterns.. Jessica Cruz is now in my TOP5 of favorite DC characters. Thanks to this comic.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-26-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Super Sons is excellent
    Superman, Metal, Nightwing, Deathstroke and Mister Miracle. Not reading it but heard nothing but great things about RHATO

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The best books are

The GL titles both Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. Though the first arc and Doctor Polaris arc were a bit tiresome (more the Doctor Polaris arc).

New Super-Man. Absolutely one of the most fun books DC has, particularly as it's building up its own corner of the DCU.

DC Comics Bombshells/Bombshells United (aka part 2 of the series): A great book and EXTREMELY fun overall. Basically a What if/Elseworlds universe.

YMMV
    Justice League of America: A huge continuity love fest of DC from over the years. But it can be very hit or miss because of that, as many times it's not even clear to a fairly long time reader what's being referenced (been reading regularly sicne 2005).
    I heard about the new GL's... saw the gun and was like WTF? Kind of concerned about so many on one planet. but a few others said it was awesome so I will give it a shot.

ABOUT JLA: I tried it a few times before, but sometimes I don't like that Batman comes out with the brain monopoly. Like Superman is a genius, Cyborg computer, WW is wisdom of Athena etc, etc, so why don't they get shine?
    Last edited by InvincibleDom; 09-26-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The BEST Book: New Super-Man. I've been re-reading all the issues, and I think it might actually be one of my all time favorite comics. Incredibly fun, incredibly interesting with the ideas it presents, the stories are expertly told, and the Justice League of China are some of DC's best heroes. Nothing else in Rebirth touches this IMO.

Other books that I still really enjoy: Aquaman, Green Lanterns (Its getting a new writer who I don't expect much from though so I'd recommend checking out the first 31 issues in trade form), Detective Comics, Red Hood and the Outlaws and Green Arrow.
    ALOT of people on here are praising NEW Super-Man... I read the first issue, so when does start getting really good?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Did my best job to put my recent favorites in order of my liking of them.

DC Rebirth
    1. Batman by Tom King
    2. Mister Miracle by Tom King
    3. Deathstroke by Priest (current arc is so-so but everything before it has been terrific)
    4. Wonder Woman by Rucka
    5. Metal, etc. by Snyder
    6. Action Comics (largely for its part in Rebirth)
    7. [TIE] Superman (started out VERY strong, is weaker now)
    7. [TIE] Detective Comics (see above)
    9. Green Lanterns by Humphries
    10. Red Hood and the Outlaws
    11-13. [TIE] Aquaman, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan and GLC
    14. All-Star Batman (latest arc is a little bit of a letdown after much better stories preceded it)
    15. Titans (finally gaining traction)
    16. Teen Titans
    17. Super Sons

Young Animal
    1. Doom Patrol
    2. BUG: Forager
    3. Shade the Changing Girl

Also, the limited series, Six-Pack and Dogwelder was fantastic.

Those are the books I really look forward to each month though I buy others as well, either to keep up with favorite characters or in the vain hope they'll get better. Justice League is just about guaranteed to get a LOT better as writing duties pass from Hitch (oof) to Priest (yay!) in a few months.
    Which Batman is less of him fighting Gods and more of him fighting his rogues/ street level guys. I think I would enjoy Batman patrolling the streets of Gotham over the sometimes forcing him in the JLA.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hard to tell what you'd like, but going by your X-Men fandom.....

Teen Titans. I actually didn't start with this book until issue 6 (Aqualad's debut) but it's fairly solid and will probably feel familiar to you. Bunch of super kids trying to find their way, you know?

Aquaman. The book is big on politics, but the fantasy kind, not the "protesting in the streets because the POTUS is a moron" kind. Current arc is by Sejic, one of the industry's best artists. Lots of fun, great focus on Black Manta early on. Solidly consistent.

Super-Sons. Again, this should feel familiar for X-fans (depending on what X-books you read anyway). Robin and Superboy getting into adventures and trouble. Great art. Solid read. Not terribly serious.

Green Arrow. The book's about as subtle as a sledge hammer to the face. But its fun anyway and it's big on social issues.

Supergirl. A teenaged alien working with a shady government organization and dealing with some family drama crazy enough to make Magneto look like a good father.

Detective Comics. Batman and many of his partners from around Gotham deal with some crazy threats to their city. Damn fine book.

Mister Miracle. Only two issues are out from this twelve issue series, but if you don't like this....I dunno what to tell you. You're not human, I guess.

Superman. While some arcs get into the kind of big scope, epic adventures you'd expect from Superman, generally this book explores the new family dynamic of Superman and his wife and son. The book's quality has dropped a bit in recent issues but generally is a very strong title many considered among the best of DC's Rebirth launch.

Deathstroke. Hard to describe this one. One part family drama, one part paramilitary covert ops assassinations, one part superheroics. Damn smart book, solid art, and if you want a title that doesn't just do the standard superhero stuff check it out.
    Thanks for the details... makes me want to try them all...Aquaman makes me nervous i dunno why, Deathstroke and MM are for sure something I would be interested in.