Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    When counting RYV, do we count the original Secret Wars (2015) mini as part of the numbering?
    I guess not, since they're using it for mainline ASM's numbering.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess not, since they're using it for mainline ASM's numbering.
    RYV has had three major creative team shake-ups in its lifespan. The original mini by Slott/Kubert and co. (which to be fair was always intended to be the case), the launch of the ongoing with Conway/Stegman and co., and the upcoming takeover by Houser/Roche and co.

It's a lot to ask for an AU title. Spider-Gwen is more or less still rocking the original creative team that was behind that Spider-Verse tie-in issue that sent the character into the stratosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    When counting RYV, do we count the original Secret Wars (2015) mini as part of the numbering?
    It doesn't yet matter. Even if you count the mini as part of the numbering, we've had 16 total issues published.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    Dan Slott is one of the best Spider-Man writers of all time to me. The reviews of his books show that he is consistently among the best. The sales of his comic is higher than anything else on Marvel Comics. I want him to stay in the book as much as he can, because I do think that writers and runs like his DON'T COME often. Happy that he is sticking around and trust me, the majority of Spider-Man fans that actually BUY his comics love his writing. You guys have every right to complain all you want, but I was very happy with Brevoort interview yesterday and more than anything else, I want Dan Slott to keep going as much as he can. I'm ready for him to gor Amazing Spider-man #1.000, and I feel that his writing and sales justify him going for that long.

So yeah, complain all you want, as long as Dan Slott is crafting these stories, I'm a happy Spider-Man fan.
    That's cute, really it is. (insert sarcasm here)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think, for good or ill, it will be the most remembered part of Slott's run.
    I can't speak for everyone but i will say that despite my animosity towards it i am accepting of that the fact that the SpOck era is considered such.

But what i don't like was the constant reminder of it so many times after it ended or the need to have Ock constantly make an appearances inside a clunky robot or even the return of SpOck in HYDRA colors just as a ridiculous plot device to finally put a nail in the coffin of PI and bury it six feet under. Also the man doesn't know how to write Peter Parker at all, there is no balance between the two aspects of his life. And i don't believe for a second that he will in any way write anything meaningful between Peter and Barbara tbh, honestly he should have never gone that route at all.

He needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    People have been very accepting of the RYV Parkers too. Families are out cosplaying as Peter, Spinnerett, Annie, and VenomJ just as much as people cosplaying as Spider-Gwen. The book is finding an audience with young and old
    Sure, I'm not saying that it doesn't have an audience. However, I think that Spider-Gwen has had more time to build its audience, so it might have more "protection." (I've also gotten the impression that Spider-Gwen is something that's higher on Marvel's priority list, but I don't have proof). In any event, I do think that, to some extent, both are kind of niche markets. *Speaking for myself, the very idea of "Spider-Gwen" just sounds lame, but there are people who like it.)

You're right in that she's not THE draw, but she is the only other character in the story besides "our" Eddie to support an ongoing, and they do make the most of her short appearances, it still helps direct eyes to RYV as well as Eddie's ongoing.
    Okay.

Astonishing Member

And yet RYV still performs considerably better than Spider-Gwen, which has often had considerable exposure via crossovers with "main canon" and has been featured in the most recent cartoons.

Why doesn't anyone bring up that her book doesn't sell half as much as people pretend? Because she's given the right exposure everywhere else.

Guaranteed if the Parker family crossed over with main canon or appeared in cartoons, all this talk of the book not meeting expectation would grind to a halt.

Hell, RYV MJ has already met and interacted with 616 Eddie in Venomverse, a book which is proving quite a commercial and critical success.
    I can't comment on Spider-Gwen. Not my cup of tea lol