View Poll Results: How did you feel about Identity Crisis and BvS?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved BvS, Hated ID Crisis

15 18.52%
  • Loved ID Crisis, Hated BvS

19 23.46%
  • Loved both

18 22.22%
  • Hated both

29 35.80%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [Love/Hate] Identity Crisis and Batman v Superman

I'm interested to hear the board's take on these two most controversial properties. People tended to love or hate Identity Crisis by Brad Meltzer and Rags Morales and the same is true of Zach Snyder's Batman v. Superman film.

I'm curious to know who loved one and hated the other, who felt the opposite way, who loved both, and who hated both.

Anyone that knows my posts here will know I'm voting "loved Identity Crisis, hated BvS." But the point of the thread isn't to rehash old arguments, only to get a sense of how people felt about these two controversial stories.

Post if you want to, but the point isn't to debate. The point is to vote. I'm just trying to get a gauge of how people responded to these two controversial things.

BANNED

Anyway, you've heard my thoughts elsewhere, but to contribute to the vote, I'll say that I hated Batman v Superman, but I hate Identity Crisis much, MUCH more.

EDIT: Ah, there is a poll.

I enjoyed both. I don't think Identity Crisis needed to be in continuity and the rape crap was over the top. But I enjoyed Green Arrow, Hawkman, Wally, Ray etc teaming up and the fight with Deathstroke is one of my all time favorite comic fights. Again, is it my favorite DC story? No, but I enjoyed it.

BVS again it wasn't perfect, it was rather long, and they tried to put to much in it but I loved it. BVS had my favorite live action adaptation of Batman, and I loved the trinity taking on Doomsday. I got goosebumps when Diana showed up as WW and her theme started blasting across the theater. It was a nice set up to Justice League.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 09-25-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Fantastic Member

I have moments I dislike in BvS but I absolutely loved Identity Crisis, overall I like BvS. I read Idenity Crisis over and over again when I first got it. I think it is my second favorite crisis next to Infinite Crisis.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I've been curious about such a correlation too.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Identity Crisis was depressing.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I feel the poll doesn't really cover my situation. I think BvS was vastly overhated - I liked it, but didn't love it. I was much more engaged in it than a lot of other superhero movies in the past five years, though. I have not read IDC yet, but the impact on the DCU was really negative in my experience (through reading 52, etc). So my vote would be "Like BvS okay, but loathe the idea of IDC."
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Identify Crisis I neither love nor hate and BvS I haven't seen, so none of the polls choices worked for me
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"