View Poll Results: How did you feel about Identity Crisis and BvS?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved BvS, Hated ID Crisis

15 18.52%
  • Loved ID Crisis, Hated BvS

19 23.46%
  • Loved both

18 22.22%
  • Hated both

29 35.80%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I loved Dawn of Justice but hated Identity Crisis. Dawn is an interesting story of nihilism and hope, it's one of my favorite Luthor plots and a frankly brilliant Lois Lane story. And nobody gets raped as part of the plot. As far as I'm concerned, enough said.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    It should be obvious nobody should ever say they hate something they didn't read. I shouldn't have to tell people that. It's the definition of ignorance.
    I am sorry for voting here. I request you to highlight this at the top. Don't vote if you have not read.

On my part i know the plot of Identity Crisis. This is spread over pop culture websites. I hate the story. It is wrong on my part to hate. But a story like this makes my blood boil. So excuse my mistake. Discount one vote. You would have your opinion anyway.

I take your advice humbly. I will think more clearly before voting. I am sorry for my blunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I am sorry for voting here. I request you to highlight this at the top. Don't vote if you have not read.

On my part i know the plot of Identity Crisis. This is spread over pop culture websites. I hate the story. It is wrong on my part to hate. But a story like this makes my blood boil. So excuse my mistake. Discount one vote. You would have your opinion anyway.

I take your advice humbly. I will think more clearly before voting. I am sorry for my blunder.
    No need to apologize. But hating something based on what you've heard about it is just plain silly. "I hate the story" is a stupid thing to say of a story you never read. I'm not putting a 'don't vote if you haven't read the comic/seen the movie.' It's too dang obvious that no one should ever do that. And you DON'T hate the story. You have no idea what you think of the story because you never read it.

No need to apologize. But hating something based on what you've heard about it is just plain silly. "I hate the story" is a stupid thing to say of a story you never read. I'm not putting a 'don't vote if you haven't read the comic/seen the movie.' It's too dang obvious that no one should ever do that. And you DON'T hate the story. You have no idea what you think of the story because you never read it.
    I am not saying put up an option to vote for this. Simply put it the post where you inform that you want to know the reactions. Your first post where you informed everybody.

Anyway it is your choice.

I admit my mistake. Had i done something like this i would not have loved BvS at all. Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I won't repeat such a thing in the future.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I really liked the BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE movie. I liked some parts of the IDENTITY CRISIS comic book story, but there were other parts I had problems with.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Retired

So we're just supposed to vote and not talk about why we voted the way we did? I don't get it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I really liked the BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE movie. I liked some parts of the IDENTITY CRISIS comic book story, but there were other parts I had problems with.

My take as well. Since it's all subjective, there isn't a right or wrong answer here.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    So we're just supposed to vote and not talk about why we voted the way we did? I don't get it.
    I had to comment because the choices provided in the poll did not reflect my views of DAWN OF JUSTICE or IDENTITY CRISIS.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Liked Identity Crisis when it first came out. This was around the time I'd first forayed back into comics after a few years of absence. I didn't mind the incredibly dark nature of it at the time because it was something different and fresh for me, personally. I had yet to realize how grimdark had permeated throughout the DCU while I was gone. As time passed and with more reflection I started to resent it for its role in cementing DC into that dark, tragic, and depressing nature for more years to come. There are still a couple things about it that I don't totally hate today. Tim pleading with Batman to help his father in the Batmobile and the helplessness on Batman's face was heartbreaking, then the panel of Batman holding Tim in his arms upon finding Jack is a haunting piece of art to the point its beautiful. And Jean being the culprit actually wasn't a let-down to me from the mystery POV of the story.

BvS, horribly disappointed with the theatrical cut. But I always knew I was going to be the second I learned they horned Batman into what was supposed to be a Superman sequel. I actually have yet to get around to seeing the extended cut.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-25-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Loved Identity Crisis. Enjoyed Batman V Superman but had a lot of problems with it.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I had to comment because the choices provided in the poll did not reflect my views of DAWN OF JUSTICE or IDENTITY CRISIS.
    I can't really vote in good conscience, because the choices don't work for me. I don't like to use the word "hate" when talking about movies or comic books. And while I didn't love love BVS, I'm not agin it. Movies to me are all Elseworlds, so they don't need to fit established continuity. I.D. CRISIS upset me because it played in the DC continuity sandbox--but I'm not going to hate on it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Anyone is welcome to talk about why they voted as they did. I was just acknowledging that both properties have been debated to death and that I wasn't trying to re-open old arguments but rather trying to get a head count. Anyone can post anything they want as far as I'm concerned.

Before you drive me away i want to give my two cents.

Isn't love and hate two opposite ends of the spectrum? I mean i say i love BvS. But with reservations. I can't exactly say i loved it. It is more in the middle between love and hate but tending towards love. Taken this way i will say i love it. I guess this is the problem with Jim Kelly too.

For me Identity Crisis was in continuity. I won't read it ever. Either good or bad some things are beyond once's capacity to tolerate. I generally decide objectively. I hate Injustice because i have read it. After reading upto the grisly murder of Kyle Rayner i had to hate it.

If you don't want such mixed voters it is fine. It is your poll anyway.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

If one hasn't read the comic or seen the movie I think that person shouldn't vote. This is a poll for people that have experienced both.
    I didn't vote.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

as bad as BvS was, it did'nt have repercussions the same way Identity Crisis had..so i hate Identity Crisis more.

i vote hated both.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)