Default Logan (X-men/Wolverine Movies) vs Gimli (LOTR Films) With A Twist

In the history you know, during the battle of Helms Deep the dwarf Gimli had developed a friendly rivalry with the elf Legolas regarding how many orcs they could kill. But suppose in a different iteration there was a different warrior there for Gimli to compete with. Another ill-tempered, scrappy fighter with an affinity for using bladed weapons. A human, but unlike no other human on Middle Earth, with a gift for healing wounds incredibly fast. Plucked from another world by an entity who shall remain nameless, he has joined the defenders of Helms Deep and dedicated himself to taking as many orcs down as possible. Now Gimli and this individual fight side by side against their attackers, each doing his best to defeat their opponents while dropping more foes than his rival. Victory for their side is assured. The question is, between the two warriors which one will get the highest kill count.

I, The Watcher, pose this question to you all...

What If Gimli And Wolverine Had An Orc Killing Contest?

Bonus Question: Legolas is added to the participants. Who wins the three way contest?

Mighty Member

Wolverine should not only win, but win by triple digits at least. He can just jump down to ground level and run through the uruk-hai lines slashing away. They have no way to stop him, he has no particular need to avoid their attacks, and he can kill an Uruk with every swipe or stab of a claw. Assuming Legolas and Gimli did the best they could the first time around, Logan would scoff at their output.

How quickly does Logan get tired? He can run around one-shotting orcs in the middle of the horde if he wants to, which no one else at Helm's Deep could do. If he can fight for a few hours he might be able to solo the orc army.

His kill count will easily dwarf Legolas and Gimli combined. The elf probably does better than the dwarf; Gimli won't get as much action with Logan running around in berserker mode, while Legolas can take advantage of the chaos Wolverine causes.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Healing factor is not just wound healing but defeats disease and fatigue too. Given that and has crazy sharp blades.

The body count will be legendary.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    How quickly does Logan get tired? He can run around one-shotting orcs in the middle of the horde if he wants to, which no one else at Helm's Deep could do. If he can fight for a few hours he might be able to solo the orc army.

His kill count will easily dwarf Legolas and Gimli combined. The elf probably does better than the dwarf; Gimli won't get as much action with Logan running around in berserker mode, while Legolas can take advantage of the chaos Wolverine causes.
    It's like specifically part of his powerset that he doesn't get tired normally. While recovering from the beating he took in Japan back when healing instantly wasn't his thing, he sprinted 10 miles and wasn't breathing hard. He's had knockdown dragout fights for hours and hours on end. Tired isn't really his thing in general.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It's like specifically part of his powerset that he doesn't get tired normally. While recovering from the beating he took in Japan back when healing instantly wasn't his thing, he sprinted 10 miles and wasn't breathing hard. He's had knockdown dragout fights for hours and hours on end. Tired isn't really his thing in general.
    You sure you're talking about movie Wolverine?

I mentally defaulted to comic Wolverine for a minute as well.

Movie Logan doesn't have the stats or the skill that comic version does, so he'd probably get dog-piled if he tried running through the horde like I suggested. He can take a lot more risks than Legolas and Gimli, cut down some siege ladders to quickly raise his kill count.

Won't be as dominating a performance as comic Logan certainly.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Wolverine for the most part, sure. But the purposely weakened, incredibly-ill Logan from, um, Logan would probably make for a closer contest.

Since it's movie versions, my general impression of Wolverine is that he's not all that fast. Whether that's his absolute high end or not, I don't know. He's got built-in weapons but I think you could dogpile him more easily than Gimli because Gimli is so short, stout and strong. He is tireless and he would probably beat Gimli's count. Where I disagree with most is what would happen if you throw Legolas into this. With his speed, agility and machinegun bow abilities, I think he beats the counts of both Wolverine and Gimli. I know that, in the story, Gimli and Legolas came out even. But, even watching it, I was wondering how Mr. Machinegun Bow could only break even with Gimli.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Since it's movie versions, my general impression of Wolverine is that he's not all that fast. Whether that's his absolute high end or not, I don't know. He's got built-in weapons but I think you could dogpile him more easily than Gimli because Gimli is so short, stout and strong. He is tireless and he would probably beat Gimli's count. Where I disagree with most is what would happen if you throw Legolas into this. With his speed, agility and machinegun bow abilities, I think he beats the counts of both Wolverine and Gimli. I know that, in the story, Gimli and Legolas came out even. But, even watching it, I was wondering how Mr. Machinegun Bow could only break even with Gimli.
    Well, Legolas can only carry so many arrows. In the books, he then had to go to knife work within Helm's Deep.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight