Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1440

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    at least Nadia uses her powers differently from Jan. that's something, I guess.
    To me, the conclusion Nadia comes to is the same thing Rogue told her back in part one. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    To me, the conclusion Nadia comes to is the same thing Rogue told her back in part one. :-p
    she's a child. she had to figure it out on her own. you know that Rogue, known early on for her stubbornness, has made similar mistakes along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Love Medina's art!
    It's a huge plus. I like the three artists, and Larraz and Medina being among the best to me

Yeah, this really hasn't interested me. I'm glad Hulk is back, but that's about the only positive I've found with this event so far.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

It started well, but it's becoming more and more evident that this story could have-- should have-- been told in 4-6 issues rather than 16.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

Read up to part 4. Switching the point-of-view character every issue is going to make for a choppy compilation.

And, I really hope that the focus-character jobbing put at the end of the issue is not a pattern, because it is thevsprt of tiresome and predictable pattern that should have been abandoned in the Bronze age if not earlier.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I guess it's a good thing I'm tradewaiting. It'll probably read better in one large sitting than as installments.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    she's a child. she had to figure it out on her own. you know that Rogue, known early on for her stubbornness, has made similar mistakes along the way.
    this is very true, kind of why I loved their little back and forth.

The interest for me has only started to wane after the announcement of Avengers #1. I really think that they should have held off on the announcement until later. Knowing that many of the important players in this line wide crossover will not be doing anything Avengers related in the future is EXTREMELY depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It started well, but it's becoming more and more evident that this story could have-- should have-- been told in 4-6 issues rather than 16.
    Yea this story is having the same problem as Bendis’ Iron Man story arc in that due to the story having to reach a milestone so it just ends up spinning it’s wheels to stall for time to get there. Another issue is that for this basically being the swan song for this era of Avengers, it was a terrible idea to sideline so many of them especially if the plot reason for it is the same as why the rest of the superhero community can’t help. If anything, that should have been the reason why the Avengers are on their own in this crossover.

I'm enjoying it so far but yeah, it's very obviously decompressed. How many issues in a row of teasing the Hulk's resurrection have we gotten now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm enjoying it so far but yeah, it's very obviously decompressed. How many issues in a row of teasing the Hulk's resurrection have we gotten now?
    This for me too

It is starting to drag just on the premise presented so far

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea this story is having the same problem as Bendis’ Iron Man story arc in that due to the story having to reach a milestone so it just ends up spinning it’s wheels to stall for time to get there. Another issue is that for this basically being the swan song for this era of Avengers, it was a terrible idea to sideline so many of them especially if the plot reason for it is the same as why the rest of the superhero community can’t help. If anything, that should have been the reason why the Avengers are on their own in this crossover.
    Well, presumably someone spoilers:
    Nadia
    end of spoilers claims a pyramoid and Vision gets freed. That just leaves Squirrel Girl and Spider-Man, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

To be honest, I thought the "big reveal" about Voyager's "origin" in part 7 was a big dud. All it was a "laboratory accident creates a superhero" story. The stuff of late 1950's and early and mid 1960's. 55 years ago it was Peter Parker and the radioactive spider bite. It seems there is more to Voyager than got "revealed" in part 7.

Mighty Member

Voyager is supposed to be a Silver Age character. Her origin should be a string of retro-cliches. Lab accidents were how heroes were made back then. Was it good writing? No. But, if Voyager is supposed to be a Silver Age character, her origin needs to be consistent with the Silver Age.

I guess it's a good thing I'm tradewaiting. It'll probably read better in one large sitting than as installments.
    Not necessarily. The shifting narrator focus every issue is likely to make the compilation read worse.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I had to catch up; I hadn't read any at all, but am now up to current. I agree Voyager's origin was underwhelming especially because of possible (over) homage to the '60s era.

Is it still possible that all is not as it seems or there is a reason why this is all we know?