Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1440

Revisiting the period between Secret Empire and Marvel Legacy for clues to how the Avengers Stature now contained Voyager, we remember Kobik returned a whole and hearty 3 year old again, through a portal and changed reality, then, gave Legacy characters a time trip in “Generations”. After that we never hear from her again.

Now we come to Uncanny Avengers#26, where we see a damaged Avengers Statue, with Wasp, Thor’s broken arm on the ground, and no Voyager. Sometime after this, (I don’t have the issues) Wanda and someone else tries to restore Avengers Mansion and it goes wrong. Not sure if Statue was restored then.

Then we come to Marvel Legacy, and now miraculously, Avengers Mansion is in place, as is the Statue, but no Wasp on Giantmans fingered, and now Voyager is there next to Thor.

Something is missing around this period.

Incredible Member

Nice setup issue and i'm looking forward to finding what's going on with Voyager and the arrival of the Lethal Leigon and Black Order. ( hopefully along with an explanation of how they're not all dead)

Also i know this will rub fans of US Avengers the wrong way but outside of Cannonball and Sunspot I hope to see as little of the rest of them as possible. I like Al Ewing as a writer but for the most part can't stand the characters he selects and between his New Avengers and US Avengers runs he has contributed greatly to making the Avengers line into the sorry state that it was leading into this crossover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Revisiting the period between Secret Empire and Marvel Legacy for clues to how the Avengers Stature now contained Voyager, we remember Kobik returned a whole and hearty 3 year old again, through a portal and changed reality, then, gave Legacy characters a time trip in “Generations”. After that we never hear from her again.

Now we come to Uncanny Avengers#26, where we see a damaged Avengers Statue, with Wasp, Thor’s broken arm on the ground, and no Voyager. Sometime after this, (I don’t have the issues) Wanda and someone else tries to restore Avengers Mansion and it goes wrong. Not sure if Statue was restored then.

Then we come to Marvel Legacy, and now miraculously, Avengers Mansion is in place, as is the Statue, but no Wasp on Giantmans fingered, and now Voyager is there next to Thor.

in ua30 human torch used his inherited money and bought back and rebuilt Avengers Mansion with Wasp/AntMan and Voyager

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

No Wasp on Hank's finger was just a mistake in art in marvel legacy 1

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    in ua30 human torch used his inherited money and bought back and rebuilt Avengers Mansion with Wasp/AntMan and Voyager
    The last image of the statue with Voyager in U/A #30 was very ghost-like. There must be a 2 to a 4-month gap between U/A #30 and when No Surrender begins. In U/A #30, the rebuilt of the mansion had barely begun. There was just the steel girder framework showing.Also, Synapse had only begun healing from the injuries from being smacked around by the Juggernaught. In No Surrender, Emily is shown fully healed.

Last week, when I went to my comic book shop, they gave me a poster.(In lew of #675 being sold out!) On the front, was the altered first Avengers issue with Voyager. On the back was a composite picture of the Avengers, which says: Avengers No Surrender the beginning of the end of the Avengers. The weird thing? All the Avengers look like they are from the early to mid 1990's and there are no Avengers that were introdused from the Kurt Busiek era to the present.

Yeah, it's a reprint of one from 1993.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-15-2018 at 07:35 AM.

The 'border' is the many looks or costumes of the Wasp. (up till then)

Yeah, a couple of which have been deleted on the new version...

Incredible Member

Damn! Has there ever been an artist that could put that much detail into a scene than the great George Perez?

I only see Voyager being Wasp and Havok's kid or Kobik.

Strong first issue. Really looking forward to the weekly Marvel attempt.

The issue was a strong start with some gorgeous artwork. I like that Living Lightning is back and that Rogue is show true leadership here (even with dumb ass Quicksilver giving her mouth). Other than Beast & Rescue, it seems that the Avengers are all out of Big Brains to help figure out what’s going on. I’m intrigued by Voyager, and it seems that she’s been “missing” for quite a long time… probably before Falcon first joined back in the late 70s.
    I can’t wait to see how this plays out.

P.S. Who else misses Janet having a different costume ever 5 to 10 issues? Some of them were big misses but some of them were pretty great. John Byrne gave her some good one in his AWC run.

Yeah, Voyager didn't know Falcon, so she left before he joined. Rescue? You mean Toni Ho? She's Iron Patriot now (a smart move from Ewing - that mantle was vacant while Pepper Potts is still active as Rescue).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Voyager didn't know Falcon, so she left before he joined. Rescue? You mean Toni Ho? She's Iron Patriot now (a smart move from Ewing - that mantle was vacant while Pepper Potts is still active as Rescue).
    Thanks, Digifiend. I don't read Ewing's U.S. Avengers book so I couldn't remember her code name.