Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm saying the same thing except I don't view that as a positive thing since I read none of those books. Unless two to three of the books I currently read get cancelled, I can't afford this. Maybe if we're talking next Summer (i.e., a year after Secret Empire), but not so soon.
    I know what you mean...

Personally I'm already buying UA, and I wanted to get back to the (main... is it really the main book??) Avengers book, since I hadn't bought it since Hickman's. So two out of three for me. But as I said, that's all I'll be buying, so it's not too much of a stretch in my budget.

I'm sure they'll put out a trade later on anyways.

Amazing Member

I was only getting Avengers and not the other two titles. Honestly, I don't know if I am gonna get this or not. My wallet says no but my ocd says yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I know what you mean...

Personally I'm already buying UA, and I wanted to get back to the (main... is it really the main book??) Avengers book, since I hadn't bought it since Hickman's. So two out of three for me. But as I said, that's all I'll be buying, so it's not too much of a stretch in my budget.

I'm sure they'll put out a trade later on anyways.
    If in doubt, just refer to Waid's book as adjectiveless Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If in doubt, just refer to Waid's book as adjectiveless Avengers.
    The patented X-Men solution (tm). lol

I am really excited about No Surrender. Not really excited about the price though! I do hope that we get Sunspot written well as the leader he's become over the past few years and not just an afterthought. He really challenged and changed the idea of Avengers in a way no other leader has and it would be a shame if he's just there but not there. I have always liked when you get an event where anyone who's been a member is back so I am up for this. I just hope Living Lightning's return isn't as a sacrifice. He deserves some proper (and continued) spotlight. I've never thought of the Lethal Legion as the same level as Masters of Evil, so this will be a nice and welcomed change. As for Vector, I'm holding out final opinion until some of the issues come out. But I sort of feel like we've already seen this before in other books (Astra in Brotherhood of Evil Mutants; Vulcan/Darwin et al in X-Men; and most recently with Avenger X in ANAD Avengers) so my bar is pretty low for her. I'm excited about this and am looking forward to seeing what this sets up for the Avengers going forward.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Add me to the list of people who wants a non-NY-based Avengers team. It doesn't have to be designated by region in the title (although West Coast Avengers is an iconic name, whether Marvel wants us to forget that or not) but it just makes sense that Avengers would want to have more teams scattered around to deal with immediate threats in those regions. It's not like there's a single police force based out of NY or a single military base the Army works out of.

As a life-long west coaster, I really dug that the Avengers set up shop out here. Marvel's always talking about how their universe is "the world outside your window," but the borderline frantic need to focus all their characters in NY really makes it feel like "the world outside the Marvel offices' window."

it's probably just a boyfriend. and that kind of disappoints me. I want more representation for the LGBT community. but who they are sleeping with is nearly always the least interesting thing about a character. it becomes a crutch. I don't want to have to read about Kyle to see Northstar; wish the guy had a stronger personality.

5 new variant covers are revealed. One of them is for No Surrender week 2, and two of the others have Voyager on them - it's now the Kooky QUINTET!

https://www.newsarama.com/36925-cele...nt-covers.html

Avenger X must be so salty, right now.

Yeah - if Voyager was retconned into the events of the point one issues, that means they were now briefly a sextet. However, Voyager's presence could've completely foiled Cressida's plan, since she'd be the powerhouse the quartet were lacking.

5 new variant covers are revealed. One of them is for No Surrender week 2, and two of the others have Voyager on them - it's now the Kooky QUINTET!

https://www.newsarama.com/36925-cele...nt-covers.html
    So we've got:

Kooky Quartet + Voyager.

Hickman Avengers

Late Conway Avengers

Roy Thomas Avengers

West Coast Avengers.

I guess in the new history Voyager was the only founder who stuck around with Cap.

If you didn't spot Voyager on a second cover, she's driving the car on the Black Panther one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So we've got:

Kooky Quartet + Voyager.

Hickman Avengers

Late Conway Avengers

Roy Thomas Avengers

West Coast Avengers.

I guess in the new history Voyager was the only founder who stuck around with Cap.
    Still not sure it's really a "new history"... I get this feeling that Voyager will be included retroactively in the history of the Avengers for this no-it's-not-an-event, but at the end it will go back to being as it's been written originally. Just a vague hunch.

But those covers do look cool!

Yeah - if Voyager was retconned into the events of the point one issues, that means they were now briefly a sextet. However, Voyager's presence could've completely foiled Cressida's plan, since she'd be the powerhouse the quartet were lacking.
    IF she's a powerhouse. we don't, technically, know what she does yet. she might just be a superhuman travel guide.

We know, so far, she can fly and she's obviously a reality warper. Probably time travel too, which would be where the Voyager codename comes from. A lot of people seem to agree on one particular guess for her identity. spoilers:
    If they're right, and Valerie Vector is really Valeria Richards, then she should also have the Invisible Woman's powers, inherited from her mother Sue.
    end of spoilers