Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Or maybe there should be a few "regional" Avengers teams again like when they had an East Coast and a West Coast team. All members could be involved in different stories, but the regional teams would be the "first responders" depending on where the problem is first reported. (Could also have an "Intergalactic Avengers" team with non-Earthling Avengers members monitoring outside of Earth's atmosphere.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Or maybe there should be a few "regional" Avengers teams again like when they had an East Coast and a West Coast team. All members could be involved in different stories, but the regional teams would be the "first responders" depending on where the problem is first reported. (Could also have an "Intergalactic Avengers" team with non-Earthling Avengers members monitoring outside of Earth's atmosphere.)
    For whatever reason, Brevoort has always said he's against restarting the West Coast Avengers. It's certainly been conspicuous by its absence, since Marvel has done virtually every possible Avengers spinoff in the last 20 years or so, but never a WCA.

I've never quite gotten why he thinks this is worse than having multiple Avengers teams operate out of New York.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    For whatever reason, Brevoort has always said he's against restarting the West Coast Avengers. It's certainly been conspicuous by its absence, since Marvel has done virtually every possible Avengers spinoff in the last 20 years or so, but never a WCA.

I've never quite gotten why he thinks this is worse than having multiple Avengers teams operate out of New York.
    I don't think he wants to call it West Coast Avengers. Also, there's no point in having teams on opposite sides of the country since the Avengers have the technology to get from NY to LA really fast. Also, Manifold exists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I would LOVE to see a rebooted West Coast Avengers. That’d be the best place for Wonder Man & Living Lightning I think. Tigra & Spider-Woman could work well here too. Make it happen Marvel. It’s illogical for every superhero team to operate out of New York. Not only do we have multiple solo heroes & Avengers teams there, but also the Defenders, X-Men & Fantastic Four (two atm). Meanwhile our international teams like Excalibur & Alpha Flight are ignored.

And yes, some group of cosmic heroes protecting the earth from extraterrestrial forces is a great concept. Nova Prime, Quasar, Blue Marvel, Spectrum, Captain Universe, Nightmask etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I don't think he wants to call it West Coast Avengers. Also, there's no point in having teams on opposite sides of the country since the Avengers have the technology to get from NY to LA really fast. Also, Manifold exists.
    It can still exist without the actual name. Hell, even moving the Uncanny Avengers to the West Coast would be great. And unlike the X-Men, the Avengers rarely have a teleporter on the actual team. They’re usually reliant on the Quinjet. And a West Coast team wouldn’t be redundant, because the Avengers aren’t just there for big threats, but also to stop general crime, which must be a lot worse outside of New York in the MU

I never liked the "regional" Avengers concept, to be honest. Avengers are supposed to be "Earth's Mightiest Heroes", but they're too often stuck on regions of the United States.
    WCA had great runs, but I'd rather see the Avengers actually become a team that represents the whole world for a change.

USAvengers was already a kind of step back from the more international teams that preceded it.

Marvel consistently has had a problem getting readers to care about Earth-bound superhero books that aren't set in New York City. I don't know why it is, but I figured that was part of the reason for the reluctance to relaunch West Coast Avengers, as well as the absurdity of having a bunch of different Avengers teams who all operate within a few city blocks from one another.

Oh, if we're talking about setting Avengers team outside NYC, I'm all for it. I just don't want to be focused on a particular region anymore.
    NYC is way too crowded LOL.

All-New Member

Im really excited for this. Its hard to keep up with tie-in's so an event that is self contained is great news.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

but Uncanny Avengers are for people who like connected universe. This is a title where You can find characters from different groups. That's why this book is different than Avengers.
    We don't need 3 books about Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    We need 1 book about Earth's Mightiest Heroes and other books.
    at least that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I figured the Black Order would be back due to the movie.
    Could be a different line-up with the same name, like how they added in Black Swan or Terrax as additional members.

But yeah, I agree that it was highly likely Marvel would resurrect them somehow in time for the movie. Let's see...Corvus they can say it was a 'fake blade' that got shattered, so he resurrected somewhere else as part of his contingency plan if Thanos were to come back. And Proxima was attacked and left for dead by Hela arguably 'assumed' dead so she can prolly just come back whatever.

Not sure with Black Dwarf, other than post-Secret Wars shenanigans. And I have what happened to Ebony Maw at the latest.

Amazing Member

I can't believe that they are actually gonna charge 3.99 a week for a weekly Avengers title, oh wait, yes I can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Marvel consistently has had a problem getting readers to care about Earth-bound superhero books that aren't set in New York City. I don't know why it is, but I figured that was part of the reason for the reluctance to relaunch West Coast Avengers, as well as the absurdity of having a bunch of different Avengers teams who all operate within a few city blocks from one another.
    I don't know why. I still love the concept of the West Coast Avengers in particular, mainly LA. I'd love to see the Uncanny Avengers to take up residence (I'm sure Wonder Man would love that.) I'd love to see more of Washington DC, Seattle etc. We've been seeing NYC focused stories for years and years. It's also overpopulated by superpowered individuals and taking some of that conflict away would make a lot more sense. In terms of narrative, supervillains in NYC should never be a problem because they're a minority. And it's only one city; its illogical for heroes to not cross paths all the damn time. The Defenders would see the Avengers flying overhead everyday. Doctor Strange lives a few blocks away. The X-Men are in Grand Central Park right now. It's kinda ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Oh, if we're talking about setting Avengers team outside NYC, I'm all for it. I just don't want to be focused on a particular region anymore.
    NYC is way too crowded LOL.
    There are plenty of international locations that'd be pleasing aesthetically and could work just as well in my opinion. Crime is international. Missions abroad should also be more regular. Make use of those Quinjets and teleporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Could be a different line-up with the same name, like how they added in Black Swan or Terrax as additional members.

But yeah, I agree that it was highly likely Marvel would resurrect them somehow in time for the movie. Let's see...Corvus they can say it was a 'fake blade' that got shattered, so he resurrected somewhere else as part of his contingency plan if Thanos were to come back. And Proxima was attacked and left for dead by Hela arguably 'assumed' dead so she can prolly just come back whatever.

Not sure with Black Dwarf, other than post-Secret Wars shenanigans. And I have what happened to Ebony Maw at the latest.
    A new Black Order? Hmm. Ebony Maw, Thane, Terrax, Nebula, Deathbird & Titus?

I'm sure we'll have the Cull Obsidian back, though how and why is difficult to answer. Proxima Midnight & Black Dwarf were my favourites so I hope they come back at least

Quote Originally Posted by Spideybono View Post
    I can't believe that they are actually gonna charge 3.99 a week for a weekly Avengers title, oh wait, yes I can.
    I'm just glad it's not 4.99!

But I'm telling myself it comes to the same thing as buying Avengers, UA and USAvengers separately.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's expensive to follow, but honestly since that's the only thing I'll be getting from Marvel this winter (unless there's some big announcement, but I'm not holding my breath), I mind a bit less.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    But I'm telling myself it comes to the same thing as buying Avengers, UA and USAvengers separately.
    I'm saying the same thing except I don't view that as a positive thing since I read none of those books. Unless two to three of the books I currently read get cancelled, I can't afford this. Maybe if we're talking next Summer (i.e., a year after Secret Empire), but not so soon.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?