Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1440

Quote Originally Posted by Upstate View Post
    I’m hoping it is only two teams. I’d call them The Mighty Avengers, and The Uncanny Avengers. IMO Marvel should lower the amount of books to around 24 from the current 48+.
    So you want them to abandon their successful business model of producing a wide range of books, in favour of a risky reduction in titles. Sure, that’s not going to happen.

I do think they should tone down the number of books a bit. Their model of business hasn't been all that successful lately.
    Avengers spin-offs like USAvengers and Occupy sold terribly and so did Ultimates.
    I'd have two main "Avengers" books, one more classic and one with a fresher cast. And focus on other teams as well for a while. Champions, Defenders, maybe New Warriors...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I do think they should tone down the number of books a bit. Their model of business hasn't been all that successful lately.
    Avengers spin-offs like USAvengers and Occupy sold terribly and so did Ultimates.
    I'd have two main "Avengers" books, one more classic and one with a fresher cast. And focus on other teams as well for a while. Champions, Defenders, maybe New Warriors...
    I agree. I do think that the Avengers books after No Surrender will be a little more streamlined, and will align with the MCU. I'm hoping the splinter Avengers titles will result in a core team operating out of Avengers Mansion, and another team on the West Coast. A mix of old and new, with popular characters from across the MU assembled as Earth mightiest heroes.

And I'm sure other teams will continue to get a push. Jim Zub is taking over Champions and is pulling in two other big Legacy characters- Ironheart & Wasp (Nadia). And Defenders is rumored to relaunch with a new creative team later in the year. As for New Warriors, I heard the show mightn't be going ahead anymore, which may mean a comic won't stem out of it
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 02-07-2018 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Likewise, they need to get more team names back on the map rather than confusing issues with Secret and Uncanny Avengers the general would be muddled by. I bet the Initiative left plenty of perfectly good names on the table.
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

Id be shocked if theirs less than 3 Avengers book teams after this crossover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Yeah, nothing gets me to disregard anything some random poster says faster than saying things like "garbage z list loser characters." If that's the only takeaway you have from the casts of Ewing's books then, frankly, you have no idea what you're doing or, likely, what you're talking about.
    Have to agree. "Zee list of garbage posers", fantastic analysis, sir!

A vast range of characters only serves Marvel well. They're multiplatform now, more than they have ever been. They can take the cost of putting characters out there and use them again in more profitable formats in the future.

As for the number of titles, two main Avengers is good enough as a reader but you know the geist - as long my favorites are there on top of the most popular.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Might be right.

Hey, as long Falcon and Hercules are in one of them! Tremendous character development not to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I mean, the Avengers are Marvels biggest franchise right now. It makes sense for Marvel to push their Avenger books, especially when we've got Infinity War coming up. There are literally dozens of Avengers that can be integrated into team books. I've listed a whole bucnh here that can be divvied up into teams, and I'm still missing countless characters who could be Avengers

• Beast
    • Black Knight
    • Black Panther
    • Black Widow
    • Captain America
    • Captain Marvel
    • Doctor Strange
    • Doctor Voodoo
    • Falcon
    • Hawkeye
    • Hellcat
    • Hercules
    • Hulk
    • Ironman
    • Lightning
    • Mockingbird
    • Quicksilver
    • Scarlet Witch
    • She-Hulk
    • Spectrum
    • Spider-Woman
    • Thor Jane Foster
    • Thor Odinson
    • Tigra
    • Wasp
    • Wonder Man

Bobbi said in ASM today that she has a new job on the West Coast.... I wonder if a certain team might be revived?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This whole event has just been awesome thus far. What a dream team in these three writers.

I’m a little afraid that the leaders might be a little all over the place and direct everything to voyager, but I’m hoping it doesn’t happen. Though she is new in this event and kind of the big player I would love it if the avengers here keep having the strong beats they have been getting. Really enjoying the return of Living Lighting. Rogue and Jane’s convo makes me thing one of two things are coming for her: either she’s gonna have a big character moment that makes her more comfortable leading during this kind of crisis with these kind of players OR she’s gonna be leaving the avengers after this event. I REALLY hope she doesn’t leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bobbi said in ASM today that she has a new job on the West Coast.... I wonder if a certain team might be revived?
    I would love that. They don't even have to call it West Coast Avengers...I mean, just have a book called "Mighty Avengers" or whatever and have it set in Los Angeles or something. Just stop making EVERYTHING about New York, Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh gods I really hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I would love that. They don't even have to call it West Coast Avengers...I mean, just have a book called "Mighty Avengers" or whatever and have it set in Los Angeles or something. Just stop making EVERYTHING about New York, Marvel!
    Yeah Marvel NYC is iconic, I get it, but it's so overdone.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Ooh! I’d kvell if we got a new WCA! Headed by Bobbi ❤️❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    This whole event has just been awesome thus far. What a dream team in these three writers.

I’m a little afraid that the leaders might be a little all over the place and direct everything to voyager, but I’m hoping it doesn’t happen. Though she is new in this event and kind of the big player I would love it if the avengers here keep having the strong beats they have been getting. Really enjoying the return of Living Lighting. Rogue and Jane’s convo makes me thing one of two things are coming for her: either she’s gonna have a big character moment that makes her more comfortable leading during this kind of crisis with these kind of players OR she’s gonna be leaving the avengers after this event. I REALLY hope she doesn’t leave.
    I think it's going to be this. Rogue is obviously having a hard time adjusting to the Avengers form of bureaucracy. Even in UA she pretty much had her own autonomy. I think in the rest of the story, Rogue will learn and adjust to the Avengers bureaucratic ways.She will adjust to working with the other leaders to get the job done. It will be an growing experence for her.
    If you look at where the Grand Master states "This is the Ultimate contest, for the ultimate stakes. It requires the ultimate playing field." It shows Rogue's Rome group and Synapse, Beast and Falcan. But Rogue's pic is the largest. Rogue might just be the Grand Master's Ace in the hole. Something he may have planned long before No Surrender began.
    Last edited by mikeb; 02-08-2018 at 04:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Ooh! I’d kvell if we got a new WCA! Headed by Bobbi ❤️❤️❤️
    So much potential for a WCA team!!
    • Clint Barton and/or Kate Bishop should be on the team for sure, so the Hawkeye's can kick some ass. Neither of them has a solo title anymore, and Clint & Bobbi have a history ofc.
    • Bring in Ant-Man once he's back from his space journey with the GotG. I loved his solo book and this book could be pretty close in tone.
    • Wonder Man returns to Hollywood and is constantly plagued by the media after his old films become wildly popular. Let him get a star on the walk of fame PLEASE
    • Beast exits the X-Men for a time, following his pal Simon to the West Coast.
    • Jocasta on tech support and management of the Avengers Compound. Have her share some panel time with Hank for the brainy stuff.
    • Now that he's been brought back to prominence in No Surrender, have Lightning join the team. He's quite the underdog.
    • Silk as the resident spider-person, and an ally of Bobbi's from when SHIELD was still a thing. Plus she has that awkward connection to Bobbi's ex- Peter Parker.

Dazzler, Machine Man, Darkhawk, Vision, Hercules, Spectrum, Tigra, Vision, Moon Knight, Hazmat, Ghost Rider... so many cool characters that'd be awesome on a West Coast Avengers team. I'm all for it.