Page 21 of 96 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    If this has been in the works for a year and one of the groups opposing the Avengers in this is the Black Order then why'd they kill Korvus & probably Proxima Midnight off? (I only say probably because to me it's not entirely certain they killed her) Unless this some type of time travel shenanigans or maybe a Black Order composed of different members (which wouldn't make sense given the upcoming Avengers movie) seems like poor planning to me.
    Maybe they all got the mutant ability to bein different placesat the same place, the supreme power of Wolverine. Or simply they got new members.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 09-30-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

It lacks Storm and Angela

BANNED

If this has been in the works for a year and one of the groups opposing the Avengers in this is the Black Order then why'd they kill Korvus & probably Proxima Midnight off? (I only say probably because to me it's not entirely certain they killed her) Unless this some type of time travel shenanigans or maybe a Black Order composed of different members (which wouldn't make sense given the upcoming Avengers movie) seems like poor planning to me.
    I don't think killing off a villain has ever stopped them from coming back. If they want to use the Black Order in this, they'll figure it out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't think killing off a villain has ever stopped them from coming back. If they want to use the Black Order in this, they'll figure it out.

You're right and i'm not questioning that but to me if they knew this event was going to be happening a long time ago it makes no sense to off the remaining members. It especially doesn't make sense for Korvus who they established very specific parameters for how he's able to come back from death and then did away with that mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    You say this as if it's a bad thing . . .

It's the swan somg of the current teams, they aren't members of any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Ha ha, if only.
    "Any people who is in a team right now isn't allowed to be in a team next year". That would be great.

Incredible Member

I'm not sure if I will start picking up Avengers again with this. I have found the current creative teams massively underwhelming. I am hoping at the end of this event Aaron and Ribic take over.

They are not relevant to the Avengers, to the teams involved and probably to the story. There is no reason for them to somehow randomly being included in this.

Niffleheim

I picked up ANAD Avengers for over a year and the whole Ultimates run and underwhelming is the best at describing the creative teams. I don't think i'll ever pick up an Avengers book ever again and since Hickman and Duggan were my initial reasons to actually give them a chance i guess Marvel will never get any better creators to lure me back.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    They are not relevant to the Avengers, to the teams involved and probably to the story. There is no reason for them to somehow randomly being included in this.
    You guys realize those arguments don't hold up when Living Lightning AND a supporting cast of his own were randomly brought from obscurity for this, right? If the writers had liberty to include this just because they wanted to (meaning just because Ewing wanted to, bless him), then I see nothing wrong with fans wishing for other characters to be involved.

They work for Thanos, the guy who never stays dead. It's pretty simple to come up with an explanation for why they're alive again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You guys realize those arguments don't hold up when Living Lightning AND a supporting cast of his own were randomly brought from obscurity for this, right? If the writers had liberty to include this just because they wanted to (meaning just because Ewing wanted to, bless him), then I see nothing wrong with fans wishing for other characters to be involved.
    Yeah, we already know that Steve Rogers is back. He hasn't been an active Avenger since Hydra Cap tried to disband the Unity Squad. Also, looking at the first issue's cover, Amadeus Cho, Sam Alexander, Carol Danvers, Black Panther. All also Avengers in the past but not currently (though they are all in other teams written by Waid or Ewing). In theory, the Defenders could show up, and there'd be nothing wrong with that - they're all from Bendis's Heroic Age New Avengers team.

Extraordinary Member

Since it's easy to post about when Marvel screws up, I should say that I think this is basically a good idea.

The multiple Avengers titles really have made it confusing as to which is the "real" Avengers team, at least since the launch of Uncanny Avengers, which was basically "the Avengers" in every possible way except that a couple of extra mutants were there. It's the same problem Spider-Man had before Brand New Day, where there were multiple books with multiple writers competing to be the Spidey book that "mattered." I thought cancelling those books and publishing Amazing Spider-Man more often was a good idea, and I think a weekly Avengers has some of the same advantages.

It also seems like a good way to work around Marvel's current lack of big-name, A-list writers. Waid, Ewing and Zub all have their strengths, but none of them are the kind of writers likely to have massive hits. Merging them into a writing staff under Brevoort's supervision also strikes me as something that could, if done right, produce something interesting.

Would I want to see this done for the rest of the title's history? Of course not, just like Spider-Man eventually needed to settle down with one regular writer. But until Marvel has an Exciting New Approach with an Exciting New Creative Team ready to go, this seems like a good interim solution.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Since it's easy to post about when Marvel screws up, I should say that I think this is basically a good idea.

The multiple Avengers titles really have made it confusing as to which is the "real" Avengers team, at least since the launch of Uncanny Avengers, which was basically "the Avengers" in every possible way except that a couple of extra mutants were there. It's the same problem Spider-Man had before Brand New Day, where there were multiple books with multiple writers competing to be the Spidey book that "mattered." I thought cancelling those books and publishing Amazing Spider-Man more often was a good idea, and I think a weekly Avengers has some of the same advantages.

It also seems like a good way to work around Marvel's current lack of big-name, A-list writers. Waid, Ewing and Zub all have their strengths, but none of them are the kind of writers likely to have massive hits. Merging them into a writing staff under Brevoort's supervision also strikes me as something that could, if done right, produce something interesting.

Would I want to see this done for the rest of the title's history? Of course not, just like Spider-Man eventually needed to settle down with one regular writer. But until Marvel has an Exciting New Approach with an Exciting New Creative Team ready to go, this seems like a good interim solution.
    It seems like a good idea in theory, but in practice Brand New Day was very uneven and inconsistent with the multiple writers, so I wouldn't want to see that reflected with The Avengers.

The fact that this story has a definite purpose and end-point in-mind, on-top of the writers involved, gives me more confidence in it compared to when Marvel tried it with Spidey.