Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    This event was planned 8 months in advance. They probably already know how many Avengers books will be released after this event.
    I wouldn't be so sure. Hawkeye and Red Wolf are in this, so that means Occupy Avengers was presumably supposed to merge into the No Surrender weekly as well. Of course, it was cancelled months ago. And they probably plan events more in advance than normal ongoings. If they planned everything eight months in advance, that would mean planning to cancel Unstoppable Wasp and Mockingbird before issue 1 of those books even hit the stores - they both lasted eight issues. Three months makes sense for finalising plans, as that'd be shortly before solicits are published.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. Hawkeye and Red Wolf are in this, so that means Occupy Avengers was presumably supposed to merge into the No Surrender weekly as well. Of course, it was cancelled months ago. And they probably plan events more in advance than normal ongoings. If they planned everything eight months in advance, that would mean planning to cancel Unstoppable Wasp and Mockingbird before issue 1 of those books even hit the stores - they both lasted eight issues. Three months makes sense for finalising plans, as that'd be shortly before solicits are published.
    I'm sure they know what they want to do. How many teams they want and most of the cast for each of them. Probably nothing is final though.

BANNED

They don't have to make a decision yet. No Surrender runs to end of April. So they have until the May solicits are released four months from now to decide where the line goes from here. The first month's sales data could influence their decision.
    They already know exactly what they're going to do post-No Surrender, guaranteed.

I'm loving UA so I'd like to see Zub continue with that but I also think that there's going to be a unifying of the Avengers line.

Avengers isn't quite like X-Men. I think X-Men lends itself to multiple teams more than Avengers does. But who knows what's going to happen? I'm certainly excited to find out and am super excited for No Surrender. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

BANNED

http://jimzub.tumblr.com/
    Anonymous asked:
    How do you ensure tonal consistency between you, Mark, and Al?

Avengers: No Surrender was extensively planned out in person at a writing summit at the Marvel offices back in February. Mark, Al, and I, along with editors Tom Brevoort and Alanna Smith, nailed down the core story, conflicts, character developments and payoffs. From there we broke it down into 4 monthly segments and then 4 issues within each month. Every character was tracked across the story and we determined the order of each event so it all fit together, including major action scenes and cliffhanger endings.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/913771027137744898
    Avengers: No Surrender update-
    For over 8 months I haven't been able to compliment our team on their incredible work because it was a secret

I hope this settles the "wasp is not a founding avenger anymore" debate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

I hope this settles the "wasp is not a founding avenger anymore" debate.
    post 41 in this thread?

AVENGERS #675
    MARK WAID, AL EWING & JIM ZUB (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A)
    OCT170809 WRAPAROUND COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    OCT170810 TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    OCT170811 CONNECTING VARIANT COVER (1 OF 4) BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    OCT170812 VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    OCT170813 SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    OCT170814 AVENGERS VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    OCT170815 YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    OCT170807 PARTY VARIANT VARIANT BY DANIEL ACUÑA
    OCT170808 SKETCH PARTY VARIANT BY DANIEL ACUÑA
    NO SURRENDER Part 1
    AVENGERS goes WEEKLY for the stunning sixteen-part saga that will write the end of an era! The Earth has been STOLEN! The sky burns while mysterious cosmic objects crash down from above, wreaking havoc across the world! The Avengers are the last line of defense between Earth and the mysterious forces threatening to tear it apart. It’s time to ASSEMBLE! The teams you know and love from AVENGERS, UNCANNY AVENGERS, U.S.AVENGERS and OCCUPY AVENGERS come together to face a threat beyond any they’ve faced before in a weekly epic adventure that will define the future of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

AVENGERS #676
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER (2 OF 4) BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Avengers Variant Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    NO SURRENDER Part 2
    NOW ON SALE WEEKLY!
    The Black Order. The Lethal Legion. Two teams of powerful villains bent on destroying each other have arrived on Earth, and they don’t care who gets caught in the crossfire. But who’s pulling their strings? And what is the secret of the lost Avenger?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS #677
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER (3 OF 4) BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Avengers Variant Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    NO SURRENDER Part 3
    NOW ON SALE WEEKLY!
    Quicksilver flamed out of the Avengers, leaving devastation in his wake. But now that it’s all hands on deck, is this his chance at redemption? Or will his hunger to prove himself be his downfall?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS #678
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER (4 OF 4) BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Avengers Variant Cover by Mike Del Mundo
    NO SURRENDER Part 4
    NOW ON SALE WEEKLY!
    The Avengers are caught in a game of cosmic proportions, but they don’t know the rules – and one of them is about to pay the ultimate price! THE FIRST AVENGER FALLS!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

So somebody dies. Will it be Jane Thor, since there is already a death of Thor story going on in her book? Or will it be Quicksilver, due to whatever actions he takes? Or will it be somebody else?

Well, this looks like the final version of that cover. Just needs the Marvel logo and barcode and stuff adding. You can see they're not hiding Janet.

And jeez, they can't catch a break can they? spoilers:
    Viv dies in Avengers/Champions team-up Worlds Collide, it seems. She's missing from the cover for Champions #16 and the Worlds Collide TPB solicit mentions a death.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-17-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Place bets on who will be the Avenger to die.

BANNED

I do wonder how they'll apportion writing responsibilities on this book. Will each writer handle their own characters, or will one of them do the plot and the others do the dialogue or what?

Have there been any interviews yet outlining how their creative process is going to work?

I think I read somewhere that they do usually write their own characters, yeah. If a scene shows Sunspot and Cannonball chatting, expect their dialogue to come from Ewing. What remains to be seen is how scenes like Beast and Nadia are handled, since that pairing are from two different books (Beast is from Uncanny and Wasp from Waid's series). And anything concerning Voyager, who is completely new, and Lightning, who isn't from the current books, but an older run. The general storyline is a collaboration and art duties are rotated from month to month.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Place bets on who will be the Avenger to die.
    For some reason I can't get Quicksilver out of my head...

It says falls. That doesn't have to mean die does it? Potentially could just mean out of commission for the rest of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    It says falls. That doesn't have to mean die does it? Potentially could just mean out of commission for the rest of the event.
    It doesn't, but usually in the context solicits it means either death or a very serious injury.

Well, this looks like the final version of that cover. Just needs the Marvel logo and barcode and stuff adding. You can see they're not hiding Janet.

And jeez, they can't catch a break can they? spoilers:
    Viv dies in Avengers/Champions team-up Worlds Collide, it seems. She's missing from the cover for Champions #16 and the Worlds Collide TPB solicit mentions a death.
    end of spoilers
    How will The Vision handle this? Perhaps he is the one to perish.