Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    If Ewing and Medina are involved, then maybe U.S.Avengers isn't cancelled like people thought it was. Or maybe they heard my prayers and they're bringing Ewing's New Avengers back. Either way, I think the crossover sounds cool. I'm curious to see what will come out of this for the Avengers line.

And I'm DEFINITELY intrigued by Voyager. Retconning her into the original Avengers is a ballsy move, if that's what they're doing. But then again, if you think about it, Cap's presence in the Avengers back in the 60s was also a ballsy retcon. I'm all for interesting stories, so I say bring it, Marvel!
    They retconned what happened to Captain America after the war they didn't retcon him into the history of the Avengers. This is more like Triumph and the Justice League and that was bad and I'm not looking forward to this either.

BANNED

Weekly. This looks great.

12 issues/3 months
    rational number of characters.
    I hope that this event will be great.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 09-26-2017 at 11:34 AM.

If Ewing and Medina are involved, then maybe U.S.Avengers isn't cancelled like people thought it was. Or maybe they heard my prayers and they're bringing Ewing's New Avengers back. Either way, I think the crossover sounds cool. I'm curious to see what will come out of this for the Avengers line.

And I'm DEFINITELY intrigued by Voyager. Retconning her into the original Avengers is a ballsy move, if that's what they're doing. But then again, if you think about it, Cap's presence in the Avengers back in the 60s was also a ballsy retcon. I'm all for interesting stories, so I say bring it, Marvel!
    Well, it's not like Waid hasn't already established a previously unknown and secret member of an Avengers roster (Cough) Avenger X (Cough).

I also think this is probably just going to bring an end to Ewing's run, or at least relaunch him on another Avengers book for the umpteenth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's not like Waid hasn't already established a previously unknown and secret member of an Avengers roster (Cough) Avenger X (Cough).

I also think this is probably just going to bring an end to Ewing's run, or at least relaunch him on another Avengers book for the umpteenth time.
    Wow I selectively forgot about that

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I like Jane Foster's Thor I actually enjoy reading her more than Odinson who I love in the Avengers but never got into his solo adventures. But that is his name not codename it's be like Miles calling himself Peter Parker not Spider-Man it'd be strange.
    Thor DID start as a codename, though. It was literally the original concept for the character in Marvel Comics for years. Even after it was revealed that Donald Blake was a guise for Thor, it was hard not to see them as separate entities (later retcons actually made them separate entities, btw). And honestly, the more I read about Jane Foster as Thor, the more it becomes clear to me that all Aaron did was bring that concept back, and for that, he HAD to make Jane call herself Thor. There are a lot of similarities between Jane Foster and Donald Blake, and I don't think they are coincidental at all. And let us not forget Eric Masterson, who also used Thor as an identity for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They retconned what happened to Captain America after the war they didn't retcon him into the history of the Avengers. This is more like Triumph and the Justice League and that was bad and I'm not looking forward to this either.
    Well, a retcon is a retcon. I imagine that for readers at that time, it was quite a shock. Just like it was quite a shock for readers in the early 00s when they found out Bucky was being brought back. My point is that retcons don't always mean bad things. Genuinely interesting stories can come out of it. If they are able to do that with Voyager, I see no harm.

I had to look up that Avenger X person 'cause I did not read that Waid story. It doesn't seem like it's as relevant as Voyager seems to be, tbh.

And I'm always down for Ewing writing anything. Hopefully Marvel can finally put him on something that'll stick longer.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-26-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    That tends to happen when your favorite character is actively being replaced
    I didn't say that I don't get it, did I?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

"Avengers: No Surrender" co-writer Mark Waid described the series as "half celebration, half wake" for the Avengers, while Jim Zub said the story will be the "final hurrah" of the current era of the team.

As for what's troubling the team, the individual members are experiencing their own issues that they'll deal with throughout the series. For Beast, this means trying to reconnect with his past - specifically his time on the Avengers and his friendship with Wonder Man - and focusing on his scientific prowess rather than his beastly strength. He'll work with Wasp to discover some new ideas that, in Waid's words, will be "essential to the team's survival."

For Beast's fellow X-Man-turned-Avenger Rogue, "No Surrender" is about overcoming new challenges - including one that will, according to Zub, "take something special from her."

Then there's Quicksilver, who Zub said is "in a dark place" in the story, as well as Vision, whose actions as the team's communications hub may draw unsavory attention from "dark forces," according to the series' third co-writer, Al Ewing.

Finally - and perhaps most surprisingly - there's Living Lightning (now just going by 'Lightning'), who will enter the story with a new supporting cast of his own. "He hasn't been just sitting in a green room waiting to get a call all this time," explained Ewing. "He's been off having exciting adventures."

The full line-up of the "No Surrender" Avengers has not yet been revealed, but it will also include at least two more founding Avengers, as well as several new characters, and some unnamed characters Ewing described as "cinematic favorites."

Additionally, Jarvis, the longtime butler of the Avengers, will play a key role in the story, as will Voyager, a new character whose identity Marvel has promised will be revealed on September 29.

Ugh, I HATED Avenger X. I was hoping it'd be something kinda clever and cool and a piece of ACTUAL Avengers history (my early theory was that it might be the Swordsman, who died from a form of alien energy and was the tenth Avenger), but instead it was a dumb, obnoxious new character nobody had ever heard of, nobody cared about, and nobody will use ever again.

Confirmed characters so far: (from covers and interviews)

Rogue
    Thor (Jane)
    Beast
    Quicksilver
    Living Lightning
    Vision
    Wonder Man
    Wasp

Also Voyager and Jarvis.

Sounds like it's Janet-Wasp because the article says 2 more founding members included in the line-up.

Thor DID start as a codename, though. It was literally the original concept for the character in Marvel Comics for years. Even after it was revealed that Donald Blake was a guise for Thor, it was hard not to see them as separate entities (later retcons actually made them separate entities, btw). And honestly, the more I read about Jane Foster as Thor, the more it becomes clear to me that all Aaron did was bring that concept back, and for that, he HAD to make Jane call herself Thor. There are a lot of similarities between Jane Foster and Donald Blake, and I don't think they are coincidental at all. And let us not forget Eric Masterson, who also used Thor as an identity for a while.
    Eh...Aaron brought back some elements of the Donald Blake concept, but ultimately, for the original, Thor was always Thor.

Even when someone transformed into Thor, they were transforming into the man named and raised by Odin, knew the Warriors Three, step-brother to Loki, etc., and so he was totally a separate individual in that sense.

Jane's transformation has, up to this point, seemed mostly cosmetic. She's still, basically, Jane Foster transforming into someone using Thor's name and not literally Thor like Thor Odinson is.

I had to look up that Avenger X person 'cause I did not read that Waid story. It doesn't seem like it's as relevant as Voyager seems to be, tbh.

And I'm always down for Ewing writing anything. Hopefully Marvel can finally put him on something that'll stick longer.
    Well, it's not going to be a story in a .1 issue, so that probably does make it more relevant

Actually it could be nadia wasp. If Beast needs help related to science I guess she makes sense. Though I don't understand why it would say MORE founding members.

BANNED

So there's this and more crossovers coming? Since Xmen and FF were mentioned in the Legacy issue
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 09-26-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Still not a word about Sunspot, Cannonball, Toni Ho, Enigma, General Maverick and Squirrel Girl.
    Not excited by the line-up so far, except for Living Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    "Avengers: No Surrender" co-writer Mark Waid described the series as "half celebration, half wake" for the Avengers, while Jim Zub said the story will be the "final hurrah" of the current era of the team.

As for what's troubling the team, the individual members are experiencing their own issues that they'll deal with throughout the series. For Beast, this means trying to reconnect with his past - specifically his time on the Avengers and his friendship with Wonder Man - and focusing on his scientific prowess rather than his beastly strength. He'll work with Wasp to discover some new ideas that, in Waid's words, will be "essential to the team's survival."

For Beast's fellow X-Man-turned-Avenger Rogue, "No Surrender" is about overcoming new challenges - including one that will, according to Zub, "take something special from her."

Then there's Quicksilver, who Zub said is "in a dark place" in the story, as well as Vision, whose actions as the team's communications hub may draw unsavory attention from "dark forces," according to the series' third co-writer, Al Ewing.

Finally - and perhaps most surprisingly - there's Living Lightning (now just going by 'Lightning'), who will enter the story with a new supporting cast of his own. "He hasn't been just sitting in a green room waiting to get a call all this time," explained Ewing. "He's been off having exciting adventures."

The full line-up of the "No Surrender" Avengers has not yet been revealed, but it will also include at least two more founding Avengers, as well as several new characters, and some unnamed characters Ewing described as "cinematic favorites."

Additionally, Jarvis, the longtime butler of the Avengers, will play a key role in the story, as will Voyager, a new character whose identity Marvel has promised will be revealed on September 29.
    I wonder what that's special to Rogue might be taken from her? She already can't control her absorption powers anymore.

I'm also curious as to why Quicksilver "is in a dark place" since he seems fine right now, albeit thrown off by Wanda's last possession by Cthon.

Cool that this book will be establishing that Living Lightning has basically been leading his own Superhero life while he was in limbo. Looking forward to seeing it .

"Cinematic Favorites" = movie Avengers, right?

I can't think of any movie Avengers who aren't already a part of this or probably will be except maybe the Avengers Trinity.

Could he possibly be meaning some X-Men?