Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Surprised their not using everyone from the teams, but if it's just one book I guess they need focus.

I wonder what everyone else is doing then, if not in the book. Do the teams just dissolve temporarily?

Also interesting info, I'm really liking that each character seems to be having their own issues and challenges. That's sorely missing from events and crossovers, it gives the story more meaning if it impacts everyone differently.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Surprised their not using everyone from the teams, but if it's just one book I guess they need focus.

I wonder what everyone else is doing then, if not in the book. Do the teams just dissolve temporarily?

Also interesting info, I'm really liking that each character seems to be having their own issues and challenges. That's sorely missing from events and crossovers, it gives the story more meaning if it impacts everyone differently.
    I guess the characters that fade or drop out of their respective groups will be handled in the storylines prior to this one.

We probably won't know the full cast until all the interlocking covers have been revealed.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Of course the idea of bringing Living Lightning out of the blue was Ewing's, father of the underrepresented, king of the C/D-listers. AND he'll come with a supporting cast of his own? Bless your soul, Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Eh...Aaron brought back some elements of the Donald Blake concept, but ultimately, for the original, Thor was always Thor.

Even when someone transformed into Thor, they were transforming into the man named and raised by Odin, knew the Warriors Three, step-brother to Loki, etc., and so he was totally a separate individual in that sense.

Jane's transformation has, up to this point, seemed mostly cosmetic. She's still, basically, Jane Foster transforming into someone using Thor's name and not literally Thor like Thor Odinson is.
    Well, obviously there are some differences between Don and Jane. She could never be the exact kind of Thor he was, but the basic concept is the same: a puny, common doctor who can turn into Thor. I think Aaron was trying to reclaim that human aspect of the story that got lost along the way. Thor's stories were never really the same once they decided that Donald Blake was not a priority anymore, and I think Jane-Thor was his way to honor those early days, when readers were used to the idea that Thor was a heroic identity of an ordinary human. And honestly, I think he succeeded big time in doing that.

Is it Nadia or Janet.... why do they not feel the need to specify?..

Maybe it will be Hank?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think Aaron was trying to reclaim that human aspect of the story that got lost along the way. Thor's stories were never really the same once they decided that Donald Blake was not a priority anymore, and I think Jane-Thor was his way to honor those early days, when readers were used to the idea that Thor was a heroic identity of an ordinary human. And honestly, I think he succeeded big time in doing that.
    In that regard at least I would agree (though I think Thor himself can be pretty human, even without Donald Blake).
    If she's working with Beast, it has to be Nadia.

But with Waid and Zub I would still expect Janet to show up .

Fantastic Member

This is going to be a crazy good Avengers team.

Cool that this book will be establishing that Living Lightning has basically been leading his own Superhero life while he was in limbo. Looking forward to seeing it .
    Well, he HAS been working with these guys in Houston...

Rangers big.jpg

I can't think of any movie Avengers who aren't already a part of this or probably will be except maybe the Avengers Trinity.
    Well, you've got Falcon, Wanda, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and Black Panther, plus Captain Marvel coming up. Beyond what's already there, I'd just as soon leave any more X-Men, FF, or Guardians of the Galaxy members out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Of course the idea of bringing Living Lightning out of the blue was Ewing's, father of the underrepresented, king of the C/D-listers. AND he'll come with a supporting cast of his own? Bless your soul, Ewing.
    Calling it now, husband or boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Well, he HAS been working with these guys in Houston...
    Scarlet Spider was a book that was gone too soon.

In that regard at least I would agree (though I think Thor himself can be pretty human, even without Donald Blake).

If she's working with Beast, it has to be Nadia.

But with Waid and Zub I would still expect Janet to show up .

But the article says "more founding avengers" will show up. As in one of the characters they mention has to be a founding avenger. Who else than Wasp.

I asked the writer of that article and unfortunately he doesnt know either.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    what other supporting cast would we be expecting; a pet iguana?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what other supporting cast would we be expecting; a pet iguana?
    A pet iguana would be awesome :P

But seriously, I'm intrigued for the supporting cast that Ewing will bring for Living Lightning.

But the article says "more founding avengers" will show up. As in one of the characters they mention has to be a founding avenger. Who else than Wasp.

They may have just worded it awkward and meant two other Avengers who are also founders. If we're going off current teams I'm guessing the cinematic characters mentioned will probably be Falcon and Scarlet Witch (Ewing seems to like the former). Scarlet Witch is with the Uncanny team currently yes?

I'd be more surprised if they don't establish Lightning with a husband or love interest if they're going to the trouble of featuring him with his own supporting cast .
    Scarlet Spider was a book that was gone too soon.
    Agreed...
    They may have just worded it awkward and meant two other Avengers who are also founders. If we're going off current teams I'm guessing the cinematic characters mentioned will probably be Falcon and Scarlet Witch (Ewing seems to like the former). Scarlet Witch is with the Uncanny team currently yes?
    They're already on the teams involved in this event though.

I think the implication is that they're new additions that aren't on any of these teams.

Plus, apart from Vision, everyone they mentioned is from the Unity Squad. Janet's no slouch in the tech department, she does run Hank's old laboratories business. Since I don't see the need for two Wasps on the same team, I still think Worlds Collide will see Nadia defect. Though that wouldn't stop her appearing considering her relationships with Janet and Jarvis. The article is definitely talking about Janet though.

The additional founders are two out of Iron Man, Steve Rogers, and Odinson. We can rule out Hank because Pymtron, and Hulk because RIP.