Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

I'm intrigued, I will carry on reading.

I hope the Voyager thing is a part of the story instead of a retcon, I would hate if she was a retcon.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I went to 2 comic book shops this afternoon. All the issues of No Surrender were SOLD OUT!
    Mine had 2 left both those more expensive variant issues.

I honestly think that Voyager is probably an antagonistic figure of the event and somehow manipulated events to trick the heroes and pretend being a founding Avenger (future solicits, like the part of Jarvis saying "It was all a lie", one of the covers that features Voyager with the Black Order behind her and the Art Addams variant cover could tease all of this) If that is the case, the question would be how she did that, who could she be in reality and why? Also there was the final panel before the last page of the issue where it seems that she is smirking in an evil way (maybe it's just me lmao)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's not a bad thing. Means the shops under-ordered, it's selling gangbusters, and will get a second and maybe even third printing.
    I went and ordered it online. Hopefully, I'll get it by Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Really sick & tired of Nadia overemotional bullshit. If she was so frigging smart as her ongoing claimed her to be she'd of been studying past Avengers history to know Jarvis survived worse. Yeah what happened to him sucked but there's about millions of other lifeforms & a planet that takes priority. Needs of the Bloody many you sod.
    valid criticism, maybe. but I'd counter it with examples of senior Avengers losing their **** over injured teammates. remember Pym bailing on everyone during Disassembled to go scream at his hospitalized ex-wife? he was blubbering throughout. Carol Danvers broke down in tears when she found out that Ares and Sentry had sided with Norman Osborn (Dark Reign). shouldn't they both have known that the Avengers/Wasp have survived worse?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    valid criticism, maybe. but I'd counter it with examples of senior Avengers losing their **** over injured teammates. remember Pym bailing on everyone during Disassembled to go scream at his hospitalized ex-wife? he was blubbering throughout. Carol Danvers broke down in tears when she found out that Ares and Sentry had sided with Norman Osborn (Dark Reign). shouldn't they both have known that the Avengers/Wasp have survived worse?
    In defense to Pym worrying about Wasp that was just right after the damage was done & there was a calm before the storm for the Avengers to sort what the hell was going on exactly. I hadn't read Dark Avengers or New Avengers but I assume the same thing as the previous mentioned Disassembled. The entire world is falling apart & millions of lives are in peril over these events & Nadia just saying "Screw you This one guy is dying & you all don't care you're not real heroes!!!" Ilis just moronic & I'm quite frankly tired of this crap with how these young heroes are just so naive & stupid to accept that the Marvel heroes are every bit as flawed as any normal person.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm intrigued, I will carry on reading.

I hope the Voyager thing is a part of the story instead of a retcon, I would hate if she was a retcon.
    Yeah, if her backstory makes sense in later issues then I will be fine with it.(Cough, Elisa and Kraken in SE.)
    So far we only get subtle clues, Wanda, Pietro and Herc are the ones reacting to Voyager's arrival.
    And Wanda and Pietro's words make it sound like they personally know Voyager.maybe Herc as well, but his lines could just suggest he heard her story or something.)It gave us a rough information on how she stayed on Avengers and when she left.

BANNED

I loved it everything about it! It's been a long time since I enjoyed an Avengers comic book that much. I'm intrigued about Voyager and, obviously, can't wait for The Hulk to come back!

calling it now. Voyager is Havok and Wasp's kid. and this is going to end with she and Nadia being erased/lost in the timestream.

Incredible Member

calling it now. Voyager is Havok and Wasp's kid. and this is going to end with she and Nadia being erased/lost in the timestream.
    That's....actually a pretty good guess. I can see this happening. That plotline from Remender was never fully wrapped up to my knowledge.

The only problem is that this would mean Janet is going to be prominent in the story.

And that's not likely at all

Extraordinary Member

And Remender's creations especially the Children tend to get ignored.
    Ian, Jet, those kids Vision had on Counter Earth, Luminous, and of course Havok and Janet's daughter.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

If it is Havok and Janet's child, would said and the others use that? I'm gonna give this a shot. My only worry is the whole like disassambled and give the issues with CWII I dont want to get my hopes up too much.

This was a very solid start. I was hoping it would be a mess so I could ignore it. Not sure if the writers will be able to juggle quite so many characters but I am quite enjoying the trend towards weekly localised event comics. Knowing this is easily on track for a weekly fix for months to come is intriguing. Not sure if I will ride along though. That's quite a financial commitment when previously I was only an occasional Avengers reader.

Ok this was pretty cool! Haven't felt this interested in Avengers in a long time! And I love how massive the cast is, that's one of my favorite things about the shared universe of comic books; the potential team-ups!