Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1440

I can't see him spoiling much, he kept info about Champions #15 behind a spoiler tag when someone pointed out a possible error in Avengers #675 spoilers:
    (namely, that Viv shouldn't have been with the team because she's now human - the spoiler being that there's actually now two Vivs).
    end of spoilers Since the Champions issue had already come out and it wasn't that week, it wasn't a spoiler - I've only used a spoiler tag here in case you're waiting for the Worlds Collide TPB as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can't see him spoiling much, he kept info about Champions #15 behind a spoiler tag when someone pointed out a possible error in Avengers #675 spoilers:
    (namely, that Viv shouldn't have been with the team because she's now human - the spoiler being that there's actually now two Vivs).
    end of spoilers Since the Champions issue had already come out and it wasn't that week, it wasn't a spoiler - I've only used a spoiler tag here in case you're waiting for the Worlds Collide TPB as well.
    Though it wouldn't be the first time Marvel spoilers:
    had characters in places they shouldn't be. Such as Nick Fury during Iron Man's "Execute Program"
    end of spoilers

I figured it was more a glitch where the writing team just sort of blipped.

Not really digging this event/crossover so far. Voyager doesn't really interest me and the threat at hand is...meh. It's cool to see Black Order but otherwise...it's falling flat so far.

Jim Zub tweets:

Jim Zub

@JimZub
    15h15 hours ago
    More
    Quick anecdote -
    The end of Avengers #676 came to me during our summit.
    After a full day of crunching our story we hadn't figured out a good bridge between part 2 and 3. We needed a juicy cliffhanger. Something that seemed impossible to get out of.

Avengers 677 preview
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...e-Avengers-677

Not much new here, just QS noticing the blast and then the Avengers 'appearing' to have been killed.

I guess Voyager will save the day with her time-space powers.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I guess Voyager will save the day with her time-space powers.
    Or, in a flash (pun intended), Pietro will evacuate his teammates.

Peace

Yeah im out.

This is just a spiraling death. All the characters are wierr they dont mesh or play off each other. The Hickman bad guys are awful

And the coloring ruins the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I people wonder why people hate these replacement millienial characters...jeez.
    You hate her because she took Janet's last name? Keep in mind that she already took Jan's code name. I thought that it made a lot of sense; give Nadia's personality and lack of control over her own life, up until then. She didn't know Maria. And she didn't know Hank.

"Hey, you remember that Sentry character we tried years ago? Ya know, the one we said was there THE WHOLE TIME, immense power level, and a gold/yellow motif?"

"Yeah, that character wasn't really received very well, that's why we stopped using him."

"Whoa, but here me out.. All of that same stuff but... Female!"

"You'll get far in this business."

was Sentry poorly received? he seemed to drive the plot of several stories. Dark Reign somewhat centered on him (well, the Void as Osborn's secret weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    was Sentry poorly received? he seemed to drive the plot of several stories. Dark Reign somewhat centered on him (well, the Void as Osborn's secret weapon).
    It made other heroes read poorly. They were referring to him as awe inspiring and the best among them. And the way they went about that was to shoehorn him into past problems where he comes out awkwardly better than the others. Marvel writers specifically wrote him out of events because he was too powerful and they didn't know what to do with him.
    Honestly, the entirety of the character was boring until the Void was more in control. He had to become a villain. But even then, it was just a dog Osborn let off his leash. The Void himself ended up being just a big bad to punch with no real explanation for what it really was (it was getting more ambiguous towards the end that Reynolds might actually be possessed). They treated it like a mental health disorder, but all they showed was him constantly scared of people and their opinions. No one wants to read about a man who is too scared to step outside and face the world, but then he's suddenly a deus ex machina.
    He was brought back shortly to become another villain (Death under the Apocalypse twins). And once that story was resolved he was sent as deep and alone into space as you can get. This was years ago. Writers and "fans" were over him.

Now a lot of those problems were his sheer power level, so if this new Sentry is less.. maybe she'll work. They already screwed up by shoehorning her into past events. Is it that hard for people to imagine NOT being a hero when you have powers, like Jessica Jones? Why do we have to pretend they were always there?? They can be who they are and just show up in life later.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Ask Me Anything
    Thanks Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    You hate her because she took Janet's last name? Keep in mind that she already took Jan's code name. I thought that it made a lot of sense; give Nadia's personality and lack of control over her own life, up until then. She didn't know Maria. And she didn't know Hank.
    I can't stand the idea that another crappy writer had to find a way to crap on Hank.

Avengers #676 has sold out!

Jim Zub

@JimZub
    8h8 hours ago
    More
    Two in a row!
    AVENGERS #676 (No Surrender Part 2) is SOLD OUT at Diamond Distribution and going back to press!
    2nd printing will arrive in stores February 21st.
    If you see 1st print copies at your local shop, dive in and see what all the excitement is about!
    #MentacleMadness

Brian Cronin

@Brian_Cronin
    8h8 hours ago
    More
    I really don't like that Avengers #676 is already sold out. It is not fair to retailers to launch a WEEKLY series (so that retailers have to order multiple issues before the first one is released) and then not overprint enough on the SECOND part to avoid a next-day sellout.

LarrysComics.net

@LarrysComics
    8h8 hours ago
    More
    Yup. Now @Marvel Avengers #675 & #676 are “destination books”
    Customers / fans seeking them out as their LCS is sold out. We got your back.