Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1440

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Or, in a flash (pun intended), Pietro will evacuate his teammates.

Peace
    Judging by the preview, that's not an option.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

FUNNYBOOKS Comics

@FUNNYBOOKSComic
    9m9 minutes ago
    More
    We're out of AVENGERS#676 & could have sold many more. @Marvel When publishers go weekly, they must offer returnability, because we do not have enough time to react to an upswing in sales, and we are done taking risks, hoping to sell more. We both lose $ and readers.

Jim Zub

@JimZub
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    With AVENGERS #675 and 676 both SOLD OUT at distribution, your local comic shop might be out of shelf copies. If you want to get on board and see what all the excitement is about, here they are on @comiXology-

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    FUNNYBOOKS Comics

@FUNNYBOOKSComic
    9m9 minutes ago
    More
    We're out of AVENGERS#676 & could have sold many more. @Marvel When publishers go weekly, they must offer returnability, because we do not have enough time to react to an upswing in sales, and we are done taking risks, hoping to sell more. We both lose $ and readers.

Jim Zub

@JimZub
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    With AVENGERS #675 and 676 both SOLD OUT at distribution, your local comic shop might be out of shelf copies. If you want to get on board and see what all the excitement is about, here they are on @comiXology-
    Huh, it's fans of three separate books in one title + the semi-event advertisement. Curious on how many were sold and what they thought they were going to sell if it's doing this well.

But it sounds like a lot retailers are upset about this.

Reading #2. I'm so happy that spoilers:
    Corvus, Proxima, and the rest of the Order are back. My opinion of happy couples in Marvel is so low, I'm just ecstatic there's a panel of Corvus and Proxima holding hands. I think. I zoomed in on it and I can't be sure.
    end of spoilers

Also this is some weird super combo of Sentry, Secret Wars, and Contest of Champions? Uh, it's well-drawn and the action is exciting. Honestly I'm just not interested in the 'why', it almost never makes sense and never seems to make a lasting impact anyway.
    Last edited by Byakko; 01-19-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Justice League outselling Avengers on Comixology!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Weird. I guess the retailers were going on their regular Avenger orders and that's why their outsold if it's not a digital powerhouse. Or it could be a physical hit but not a digital one?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Okay, she's totally going to turn out to be a villain messing with history, right ?
    You know, that is what I always think with these stories but it's never the case.
    Case in point: I thought Ulysses HAD to be the Villain manipulating both sides in Civil War II but he wasn't.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I still think she's Valeria Richards who abused her world-creating power to retcon herself into the Avengers.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

She’s the Sentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Weird. I guess the retailers were going on their regular Avenger orders and that's why their outsold if it's not a digital powerhouse. Or it could be a physical hit but not a digital one?
    Well, Justice League is also going through a sort of relaunch. After a long winter with widely considered subpar stories (Hitch's run was thought as "meh" at best), Priest is taking the book back to levels of anticipation unheard of since Johns ended his run with Darkseid War. I can't comment on the quality for I'm tradewaiting (on both, actually, JL and Avengers), but, from what I've been seeing, A LOT of old fans have returned to the book. Maybe, as No Surrender progresses, Avengers will enjoy a similar effect. IMHO, it still needs more "classic" Avengers having prominent role to really bring back all those many previously diehard fans lost over the years.

Peace

Tony Stark and Odinson need to get involved in this story, and Cap needs to get unfrozen and more active.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    You know, that is what I always think with these stories but it's never the case.
    Case in point: I thought Ulysses HAD to be the Villain manipulating both sides in Civil War II but he wasn't.
    Well, at the very least I don't expect Voyager to be anything like Ulysses.

Tony Stark and Odinson need to get involved in this story, and Cap needs to get unfrozen and more active.
    Gotta wonder when this takes place relative to other books. It's before X-Men Gold #22 according to Prestige's costume, and therefore before Phoenix Resurrection as well. That explains Jean and her new Red team not getting involved, including Namor. It's also before The Death of the Mighty Thor, else Jane shouldn't be involved! And it's definitely after Champion For a Day, the current Champions arc, as that's set less than a week after Worlds Collide. Not sure where it takes place relative to Iron Man and Captain America though.

So does Wasp to be honest... Frankly her getting frozen right in the first issue is really disappointing. They told us all the members of the teams would have their time to shine... I never thought she'd be shining because the light is reflecting on her frozen body
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Well, Justice League is also going through a sort of relaunch. After a long winter with widely considered subpar stories (Hitch's run was thought as "meh" at best), Priest is taking the book back to levels of anticipation unheard of since Johns ended his run with Darkseid War. I can't comment on the quality for I'm tradewaiting (on both, actually, JL and Avengers), but, from what I've been seeing, A LOT of old fans have returned to the book. Maybe, as No Surrender progresses, Avengers will enjoy a similar effect. IMHO, it still needs more "classic" Avengers having prominent role to really bring back all those many previously diehard fans lost over the years.

Peace
    That's true, DC has been dominating the top charts for a while now with solid runs, so I guess we can't hold that against No Surrender too much. Hopefully as it goes on, it'll garner more good will. As for the classic avengers, Captian Marvel isn't frozen but I suppose she'd have to figure out a way to jump into whatever dimension 616 has been transported into.

I feel like besides her, Captain America and Black Panther have also been teased to have some role in the story? just a guess, going off covers and character introductions, however inaccurate that may be