Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1440

News from Twitter:

Jim Zub

@JimZub
    14h14 hours ago
    More
    Retailers have upped their orders on AVENGERS #677 and 678 past Marvel's overprint, so both issues are already SOLD OUT at distribution before release. Yowza!
    Reprints are coming in Feb, but snag those 1st print shelf copies when you can, Avengers fans!

Al Ewing Writes Comics And Tells You About Them

@Al_Ewing
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    So what's out today? AVENGERS #677! Part 3 of the NO SURRENDER weekly story that's currently going like hot cakes, so make sure you've got your copy. THIS WEEK: teams get picked, strange objects get strange, battle is joined - and one Avenger has a particularly bad day.

A BleedingCool.com article:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-second-print/

Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale

BANNED

Again, loved it! Best issue so far.

BANNED

This book has had a big turn-around in terms of quality since the start of No Surrender. Waid's ANAD Avengers and Marvel NOW Avengers felt like a real slog, despite good character line-ups for both. I'm especially looking forward to seeing if Ewing has elements of his Contest of Champions series to introduce to the fray, and I'm also excited to see Banner return.

I have to agree that the first two issues of this event are great.

Action, mystery and drama with a good balance without getting too slow.

For now it's worth every penny hope it stays that way.

Oh man, I had a feeling it was gonna be Quicksilver. Great issue.

Second issue left me feeling a little rough. I liked it, but it seemed to be a little stupid to play personal stakes here. At least that's how it came off at first for me.

BANNED

Loving it, the artwork is off the charts and Waid`s Avengers team continues to be the most beloved I`ve been since Dark Avengers. Good storylines, great character moments and action.

Hercules has been awesome since Waid`s Avengers kicked in and I gotta say that the ANAD look has won me over. In fact the latest comic was near perfect if not for a re-use of a plotline about his mistrust with the rest of the heroic community that had already been done like..twice?

But yeah, liking this.

So far, so good.

I keep forgetting how slow Quicksilver really is though. Even though they've moved away from Hero vs. Hero I hope Marvel can avoid the stupid event deaths this time.

Seems like I'm in the minority. Everyone's loving it and I'm like "meh!".

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The same for me. But I know I shouldn't engage myself in the reading of a story featuring the Grand Master...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I’m like meh too. This just sounds like Contest Of Champions.

Having just got my copy of Avengers #675, I have to wonder how the Earth maintains its temperature, wherever it’s been shifted too. Because unless the Earth is in the Goldilocks zone of a Star, the whole planet goes into sub-Arctic phase and everyone is dead. The satellite communication devices all cease to exist because of orbital disruption, so only short wave radios can transmit on Earth fall. Not just Earth quakes would be a problem, but so would biological disruption from lack of solar radiation, and the pull of the moon. Wherever the Earth is now, and whoever stole it, had better have situated it in a solar system, but it won’t be identical to our Sol. This whole scenario would have affected gravity, atmosphere, oxygen, ozone layer, cosmic rays, and blood flow unless some magic was in play to balance all the structures settled by Billions of years of activity of continents and oceans. How much suspension of disbelief are we supposed to allow here?

The book's been not really surprising...but oddly satisfying. Got a bit of an old-school feel, down to the inter-team slight melodrama.

Honestly I'm just here to see the Black Order, my favourite team of edgelords.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I’m like meh too. This just sounds like Contest Of Champions.

Having just got my copy of Avengers #675, I have to wonder how the Earth maintains its temperature, wherever it’s been shifted too. Because unless the Earth is in the Goldilocks zone of a Star, the whole planet goes into sub-Arctic phase and everyone is dead. The satellite communication devices all cease to exist because of orbital disruption, so only short wave radios can transmit on Earth fall. Not just Earth quakes would be a problem, but so would biological disruption from lack of solar radiation, and the pull of the moon. Wherever the Earth is now, and whoever stole it, had better have situated it in a solar system, but it won’t be identical to our Sol. This whole scenario would have affected gravity, atmosphere, oxygen, ozone layer, cosmic rays, and blood flow unless some magic was in play to balance all the structures settled by Billions of years of activity of continents and oceans. How much suspension of disbelief are we supposed to allow here?
    The answer to all of this is The Grandmaster hand-waved it all away. This is comics you know. Comics consciously looking back at the early days of Marvel when the last thing anyone worried about was the distance of the Earth from its sun. Science Fiction ideas unburdened by such things. Storytelling that focuses on what it wants to explore, which in this case is a cosmic supervillain that has the capability of stealing a world.

Even back in Contest of Champions The Grandmaster explained his abilities as 'The power to transcend time and space! The power that raises the dead and lays low the living!' To imagine that he hasn't got the power to insulate the Earth from what lets face it would be a very slow chill, or failing that, hasn't got the insight to place a planet around a star with a similar radioactive profile or bathe it in similar is somewhat underestimating a power that can resurrect The Black Order on a whim (which is a good enough reason to tell the story on its own).
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-25-2018 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It's Lightning.
    I don't think SJW Marvel would allow that to happen. Bringing back an obscure Latino Avenger, just to kill him off? Look at the stink that arose a dozen years ago when Black Goliath was killed by CLOR during the first Marvel Civil War. Red Hulk may be a better candidate for a dirt nap...

Incredible Member

I'm enjoying it, but the Avengers seem to be taken out pretty easily. Thor and Herc got hit with Mjolnir, fine, but Rogue got some pieces of metal thrown at her and she's down. Isn't she used to this sort of attack after years of facing Magneto? Hopefully Pietro is just a red herring and he'll be ok. Always one of my favorites. His over protectiveness towards Wanda has always been interesting. "She's stronger than she once was, but still vulnerable", even though she's one of the team's most powerful characters.