Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1440

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    In part 7, Beast tells Nadia "Your Bloodstream is indeed battling this super-powered sub-microorganism as well--" Could she have caught it from another Avenger? Or maybe Voyager herself gave it to all the Avengers.
    she's been in close contact with Jarvis.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    which characters said Nadia was great?
    Nobody. It was Nadia who said that about Voyager!

#684 preview
    https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-avenge...eye-hulk-kill/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's funny that they use Voyager to make fun of the practice of trying to make a new character more popular by having the established characters talk about how great she is... and then do exactly that with Nadia, but unironically.
    When did they do that? Only time I see something REMOTELY close is when Nadia is about to kill herself and Beast commends her on her bravery. That isn't making her "more popular". If you're gonna swing, you have to hit.

He also said she was the Avengers' greatest hope... very appropriate considering that's literally what her name means. But that's a lot more subtle than Nadia's very in your face description of Voyager being awesome and "how did we ever manage without you?".
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I was thinking of when Beast's narration reads [re Nadia]: "I've not known you for long, but it's obvious of all the Avengers there's never been one smarter. More full of hope. There's never been one braver." I thought that was overdoing it a bit.

But YMMV obviously. It's just a few caption boxes, so to describe it as the same as the hyping of Voyager is also overdoing it, I admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Latest issue was slow. Voyager isn't who she claims to be. More "Nadia is SO GREAT!" BS.
    It's funny. On the second to last page, right in the middle, Voyager has this **** eating grin, like she's saying "I just screwed all of you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nobody. It was Nadia who said that about Voyager!

#684 preview
    https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-avenge...eye-hulk-kill/
    This is amazing. It really gets you hyped up for Ewing's series.

Astonishing Member

Latest part really dragged for me

How many parts to go?

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Latest part really dragged for me

How many parts to go?
    7 parts to go.3 in March, 4 in April.Heck, Rogue's group has been stuck in Antartica for the last 4 issues.

Mighty Member

This is not a bad series. It is every comic you have read ever. Super heroes v/s a pile of bad guys for the fate of the world.

The real problem is that there is an awful lot of this event (which is only half-way done). If this was 6 issues, one compilation's worth, it would be fine if forgettable. But, something that is more than 6 issues (and is not even half-done) needs to be more than forgettable.

Most of Marvel's events this year remind me of what DC was doing a decade or so back. The events are about moving pieces around for the new status quo, which lasts less than a year. As much, if not more, effort was made to set characters where they needed to be than to produce any comics that were not about moving characters around.

In real terms, "No Surrender" is the sort of event that once could get away with reading the first and last chapters of. ("Phoenix Resurrection" and "Venom Inc." were the same way. But, those were only 5 chapters, and more focused.)

The 3 writers seem to be doing a good job of polishing each other's rough spots. But, none are really shining.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    7 parts to go.3 in March, 4 in April.Heck, Rogue's group has been stuck in Antartica for the last 4 issues.
    This really feels stretched thin now to me

Next issues arrival might mix it up a bit

Mighty Member

I flipped through chapter 9, but I have given up on following this series. It is too many chapters for too little.

I am betting that Maverick (Red Hulk II) is going to die in the next chapter.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I hate to be a nay-sayer, but I had really high hopes (perhaps too high) for this crossover event and it started strong (imho) but the past couple issues have felt lack luster and I'm really just buying each issue for the art and/or because its in my pull list so I figure I ought to.

I sure do hope it makes a vertical entertainment-swing soon and finishes solid.

Sales figures for March:

Avengers 684 54,061
    Avengers 685 46,037
    Avengers 683 44,651
    Avengers 686 44,596

Sales are up this month. The Avengers outsold Justice League, and Avengers 684 outsold X-Men Red #2.

It outsold Action Comics #999 as well - a notable issue as it ends Jurgens' run before Bendis takes over.