Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What to Do with Old Man Logan

Well, (sadly) he's going to be thrown out the window soon. So, what should happen to him?
    Have a series in his own universe?
    Join an Exiles-esque team?
    Die?

Astonishing Member

I got three choices

Choice a, he goes home to the wastland with jimmy and th time displace o5 and he leads them on fixing his world

Choice b he goes back and we get a massive epic of him hunting down every last villan that ends like the movie logan with him inspiring/setting the stage for a new generstion of heros.

Choice c, goes back uses a cosmic cube/plot device and his time line becomes 2099 or undose the events of old man logan bring all the X-Men back to life

I like the idea of the original characters coming back and all the time-displaced X-Men (OML and the O5) either going away or essentially becoming the All-New Exiles.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

1) Takes the O5, Jimmy Hudson, and Bloodstorm on a trip around the new multiverse as the All-New EXiles (maybe they could run into the 1610 Ultimates)

2) He gets flung to a newly created Ultimate Universe with Jimmy.

3) Kill him off.

Have him die. Let the man sleep.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Hopefully something productive. He's a great character, and just killing him off would be a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    Hopefully something productive. He's a great character, and just killing him off would be a waste.
    Old Man Logan alone sells more then X-Men Blue a flagship. He doesn't even need the Wolverine monkier. No way he's going anywhere. He'll keep his own book

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Old Man Logan alone sells more then X-Men Blue a flagship. He doesn't even need the Wolverine monkier. No way he's going anywhere. He'll keep his own book
    That's what I'm thinking as well.

BANNED

Have him and Bloodstorm get married first and Bloodstorm agrees to stay in Old Man Logan's universe

I don't think anything will happen to him in the short term, in the long term he is likely to keep his solo but be sent back to his own universe.

But please kill off Jimmy.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

The Weapon X book doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon, we have a new arc for Legacy. Sadly for me, because this book has made me very salty.

But anyhow, OML will probably be around for a good while -at least given the Weapon X book where he's the leader of this team.

Far as what should happen to him. Exiles, like some mentioned. And he'll probably keep his solo series, since he's evidently very popular. And Marvel doesn't throw out a lucrative thing. They milk it until the cow has no utters. Look at Deadppol.

Has there been any confirmation, or even believable rumors, that the 616 Logan will be staying in that Universe? All we know is that's he's alive through "magical" means. That doesn't particularly mean he's going to just go back to being the old Wolverine. He could wind up being a more violent "Watcher" character or something different. There is no reason why the return of 616 Logan means that everything is going to go back to the old status quo and it kind of shows how many comic fans don't like change.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArminTamzarian View Post
    Has there been any confirmation, or even believable rumors, that the 616 Logan will be staying in that Universe? All we know is that's he's alive through "magical" means. That doesn't particularly mean he's going to just go back to being the old Wolverine. He could wind up being a more violent "Watcher" character or something different. There is no reason why the return of 616 Logan means that everything is going to go back to the old status quo and it kind of shows how many comic fans don't like change.
    I want him to be evil and team up with hydra cap.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArminTamzarian View Post
    Many apparently don't like change. Sometimes, the classics just stick. I loved Inverted Creed, and would've liked him to move to anti-hero territory after nearly 40 years of almost-stale villainy. But I am a minority for that, and Creed has already been reset in Weapon X to fight with Logan for the same old status quo of "destined to rip each other apart" deal.

So while it may not be instantaneous, Logan will probably go back to his Wolverine role, but it may be dragged out to keep fans on the hook.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-26-2017 at 01:17 PM.

He never grew on me! He just made me really miss Wolverine (Logan). Although I never was a great fan of him either!