Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default If you worked for Marvel, what would you write?

The question is pretty simple, what or who would you write about if you worked at Marvel? If you want to you can specify if it's an ongoing, a mini-series, or even a one-shot, you could even state who you would want doing the art of it.

I'll start this off with my ongoing idea, All-new Marvel Zombies. My idea is that it would start out as the mysterious outbreak occurs in an alternate universe just as it did in the original mini-series, what's different this time is that a second flash of light occurs and a group of heroes appear to exterminate the undead. After fully eradicating them the group disappears into a place outside the multiverse where their mysterious leader reveals the teams mission to the readers, that thanks to events of the last couple of Marvel Zombies mini-series the undead infestation has begun to infect the multiverse and it's up to them to contain it. It's almost like the Exiles. I honestly hope it would lead to an event where they have to help save the main universe from the zombies.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

I said it once before, but I would do Stingray. I'd put him in the middle of an undersea mystery, and use that as an entry point to build up an underwater world in much the same way Nova and GotG were used to reconstruct marvel's cosmic line.

Extraordinary Member

I'd do a Heroes For Hire. Simply premise, street-level heroes (Probably teens) realise that they need some dollar. They go to an agency run by god-knows-who, he/she offers to 'rent' out their services to the public and it would be comedic.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I said it once before, but I would do Stingray. I'd put him in the middle of an undersea mystery, and use that as an entry point to build up an underwater world in much the same way Nova and GotG were used to reconstruct marvel's cosmic line.
    Heck yes. I'd love to read a Stingray book, especially now that Namor's apparently out of the picture (for now). The ocean depths need some love too, darn it! And Walter Newell's a seriously underrated character.

Of course, the dream for me would be writing Spider-Man, but since my knee-jerk impulse is to immediately undo "OMD," I'd probably butt heads with editorial. Soooo ... I'd want to write a "Superior Doctor Octopus" series. Not quite a hero, not quite a villain, it would be about Otto trying to figure out what to do with his new lease on life in a restored body. He'd mainly be focusing on his mad science, but figures from his past would keep trying to drag him back into the world of superheroics and/or villainy, with kind of a Burn Notice vibe. This would allow me to use a lot of the supporting characters from Spider-Man I like, but also allow him to branch further out into the Marvel universe at large.

Ock could run afoul of science-themed villains like A.I.M. and the Intelligencia, and fight A-and-B-list heroes and villains alike. It would be similar to "Superior Foes of Spider-Man" in tone, but with a slightly darker edge. And for art, ideally I'd want Sal Buscema (and/or Ron Frenz), but there are plenty of great artists to choose from these days.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

I could see myself writing Moon Knight, Punisher, She-Hulk, or Captain Marvel. While Spider-Man is my dream superhero to write I'd want to start off with a hero who isn't as famous at first, especially since I have plenty of ideas for all four characters I mentioned to take them in new and interesting directions but also appeal to their longtime fanbases.

L.M.D.: Someone has awaken a Nick Fury LMD and he and the reader don't know why. And he's going strong and wild looking for who woke him up. And he also thinks it's still the 60s. And he's pissed.

Would be a pretty suspenseful book with tons of espionage and mystery but also plenty of super-hero stuff and a search that would reach as far as the origin of Marvel, maybe finding some new stuff.

Would be like Wildstorm's Planetary back in the day. Part Shield, part Planetary, part Thunder Agents.

Since he's a LMD, he wouldn't need a patch. And since he's a robot and it would be one very advanced doing things that Machine Man does, he would be a like a mix of computer and a Swiss army knife, able to do various things like fingers projecting lasers and becoming flame throwers. No need for guns, expect maybe keeping one just in case.

BANNED

My own comic i have being wriring since i was 15.
    Alien Scarlet Fighter Sing Hikios.
    Meet Hicks, an escapist from the Anunnaki Detention Center located outside the orbit of Eris.
    He is the last survining member of the Starship Eternity which was destroyed by the forces of the Anunnaki Empire which inhibit the dreaded planet Nibiru.
    Without many of the memories of his past, he escapes to planet Earth where he dons the discuise of student Mark O'Brian with the help of Patritsia and Izabuelle O'Brian. After a while, Hilary Caine joins the group.
    Under the influnence of an unknown force, Hicks becomes Sing Hikios, the Scarlet Fighter, named after the original Sing Hikios, a legendary warrior from the past of Delta Prime, a planet the Anunnaki ruthlessy destroyed many years ago.
    Meanwhile, the Nibiru Kaiser, under the influence of the Dark Deity Mardook, sets his sights on Earth and the planet's Power Point, a crystal that stabilises all the phusical and spiritual energies of an inhabited planet, an object only the the singing of the Planetery Priestress can manipulate.
    Sing Hikios must muster all of his secret powers not only to stop the evil forces of the Anunnaki Empire but also to bring justice to the memories of the 4 billion slain Deltanians victims from the hand of the Nibiru Kaiser. The planet of his supposed (it's a key word) homeworld.
    But who is the White Mask, a figure that hunts the dreams of Hicks? Who is the Son Of The Messiah and what secret powers must not be awaken at any cost?

Well, unless I was a well known and popular writer, I'd most likely write whatever they offer me. But assuming I had the ability to write my own project?

I'd love to take a crack at Captain Marvel. I have half an idea for throwing her up against a Kree civil war where Yon-Rogg is leading a dissident movement. Among other things, I could write Carol for years just with the ideas I already have.

I'd also like to write Nova, but only if I could have Rider back; Sam is fine but I have little interest in writing a teenager.

I'd write either of those characters until Marvel kicked me off.

If I could, I'd bring back the Superior Spider-Man and write him. Loved to hate Otto in Parker's body.

Pretty sure everyone has a Deadpool story in them somewhere, and Im no exception. Just a miniseries, I dont think I could handle more than a few issues with Wade.

And I have an idea for a new character I'd like to introduce that came about from a discussion about Marvel buying the original version of Superman, back when there were rumors those early issues were reverting back to the Seigel family.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

I'd love to write a Mockingbird, the Ascendants or Circle of Four mini-series, and Moon Knight/Captain America ongoings.

I enjoy exploring unexplored corners of the Marvel Universe, urban fantasy-like heroes (Batwoman, Moon Knight) and espionage. Also, Z-listers and such. I want my run on Cap to heavily feature Carmilla Black, gods I love her.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I'd do a Taskmaster ongoing or a Villains for Hire ongoing ,a changing roster of villains doing jobs for large sums of money, I'd put characters like Taskmaster, Constrictor, Crossbones, 2 new characters I made up (I thought of a guy who stole a Symbiote extracted from the Venom symbiote by a scientist cult (maybe AIM) and he has part control over it (kind of like an evil Agent Venom with just a little less control) and a guy who has an enchanted pack of playing cards which he can mentally control (he's also a criminal mastermind and set ups most of the gigs for the team).
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    The question is pretty simple, what or who would you write about if you worked at Marvel? If you want to you can specify if it's an ongoing, a mini-series, or even a one-shot, you could even state who you would want doing the art of it.

I'll start this off with my ongoing idea, All-new Marvel Zombies. My idea is that it would start out as the mysterious outbreak occurs in an alternate universe just as it did in the original mini-series, what's different this time is that a second flash of light occurs and a group of heroes appear to exterminate the undead. After fully eradicating them the group disappears into a place outside the multiverse where their mysterious leader reveals the teams mission to the readers, that thanks to events of the last couple of Marvel Zombies mini-series the undead infestation has begun to infect the multiverse and it's up to them to contain it. It's almost like the Exiles. I honestly hope it would lead to an event where they have to help save the main universe from the zombies.
    For a long while i've had a vague thought about a growing number of zombie over-run alt earths and an eventual threat to the main 616 - your idea about a group trying to contain this is excellent. Has a sort of Exiles vibe. Would you do heroes or a mix with villains? All from one reality or a group of survivors from a bunch of earths?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomReporter View Post
    For a long while i've had a vague thought about a growing number of zombie over-run alt earths and an eventual threat to the main 616 - your idea about a group trying to contain this is excellent. Has a sort of Exiles vibe. Would you do heroes or a mix with villains? All from one reality or a group of survivors from a bunch of earths?
    I've had the idea that it would be a mix of both heroes and villains from a bunch of other earths. I don't have an exact line-up but I know that I want a version of Doctor Doom to be on it, probably the Ultimate universe version who has faced zombies before.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

An X-Men book centered around the resurrection of Jean Grey. Also, an in-continuity ongoing about Mary-Jane similar to Spider-Man Loves Mary-Jane.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I would do on ongoing about magic focusing on Limbo, Dr. Strange, Goblin Queen, Black Queen, Pixie, Nightcrawler, Dani (death Valkery Powers), and for her Love intrest Namor. She is a queen after all.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Magic the Xmen not just witchcraft I mean.