Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Adam Warlock. Not sure what exactly, but there's a whole universe out there for him to explore. Love his supporting cast over the years, love Marvel Cosmic in general, and love the character. His evolution into a magical being would lay the groundwork for interaction with Doctor Strange and the like as well. Plenty of places to go with Warlock, the only problem would be the general comic buying public not liking him as much as I do (and the fact that I've never written anything for mass consumption and I'd probably be terrible at it, despite how much I love comics in general and Warlock in particular).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I guess I'd like to take a crack at the FANTASTIC FOUR as well, though I'd go in a completely different direction than Robinson. Robinson's book isn't BAD, but it also isn't that good. I'd go more in the tone and scope of Hickman's run. FORWARD THE FOUNDATION, friends.

AGENTS OF ATLAS are some of my favorite characters, but Jeff Parker already knocked that out of the park...and nobody bought it. I doubt I could do better than that.

I'd like to write the following:

HELLFIRE CLUB MAX:

The most powerful and wealthiest mutants on the planet all congregating around the Hellfire Club, the hottest club in town. What dark secrets do these walls hide? What debauchery is indulged inside the seediest of seedy night spots? The workings of the Inner Circle would be a blast to explore. Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, Selene, Namor, Archangel, Gambit, Donald Pierce, Harry Leland, Psylocke, Professor X.......plus guest appearances from other power players of the MU like Tony Stark, Marc Spector, Danny Rand, Captain Britain, The Wasp, Kingpin, Norman Osborn, Dr Strange, Dr Doom, Baron Zemo etc etc would add to the drama. It'd be fun to explore the dark sides of these characters, adding in a quite sexual, violent and somewhat morbid or perverse aspect to these characters that only a MAX title could truly indulge in.

MIDNIGHT SONS:

A team led by Dr Strange featuring the big shots of the supernatural world that exists in the MU. Think JLA of the Morrison era, where he made the Big 7 almost god-like in their stature and representation. The same sense of awe when one of these guys struts their stuff. Blade, Werewolf By Night, Morbius, Satana, Elsa Bloodstone, Man-Thing and of course Ghost Rider. Give them all their moments to shine and let everyone see just how fuckin badass these characters are. I'd put them up against a Cabal-like team of who's who in the supernatural villain world. Baron Mordo, Dracula, Lilith, Zarathos, Blackout, Damian Hellstrom and Scarecrow would make for good villains to face initially, but the big bad would be the Hell-Lords, and more specifically Mephisto and Dormammu.

IMPERIAL GUARD:

As others have mentioned earlier, this series needs to be done. Too many good characters and plot themes to explore and let go to waste. Just being able to delve into the inner workings of the Guard, from the recruiting stage to the Superguardian selection process, to being sent off to fight wars against other planets, or defending the empire from invading armadas. Also being able to explore the different races and planets that make up the Shi'ar Empire would be epic. It would be like the Green Lantern Corps except every member is from a unique race with their own traits and different powersets. Seeing the Strontian homeworld (or whats left of it), Starbolt's world of fire and lava, Oracle's telepathic race of peace loving hippies, Fang's jungle world full of genetically enhanced beast-men, and Titan's world of size changing giants. The story potentials are limitless. They're a comic universe unto themselves.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

You'd be awesome at writing an ongoing for Natasha. SOLD!!!
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

I'd like to write a Scourge series with the vigilante group this time being made up of new characters and minor anti-heroes and former villains (like Taskmaster, Shocker, Constrictor, etc.). But they no longer focus solely on vigilante activities but also more proactive measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Sold!
    Aw, thanks Winterboy

I would write an X book, but a different kind of x book. I would write about it from the perspective of a mutant who just wants to get a hold on their powers and leave the school, the teachers would say that such a mutant is "wasting their potential" while others would say that such an idea would make this mutant "a race traitor, we need to fight and show the world how cool mutants are" I would also write about mutants who get rejected by the x men, and ones that don't get their hogwarts letter. It would be like the X version of Astro City.

I would love to write Guardians of the Galaxy. I would make the team bigger, like the current avengers, and it would be like the 80's JLI mixture of drama and humor.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

A real indie-teen inflected title starring Pixie and her hangers on. Think Phonogram meets Copra, with fashion pinups as backpage matter and a recommended soundtrack to each issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    If I was writing for Marvel?

Why I would write Avengers UK of course! Captain Britain leading the greatest heroes of Marvel Britain - hijacking the Avengers name but without the direct backing of Iron Man and captain America. It would be bombastic, bonkers creations like a Terror-artist using a Sentinel to create a work of homocidal genius on the streets of London - A Ghost Rider with a Scots accent bonded to an Indo-Glaswegian atheist who doesn't believe in the god that powers his very possesion - and a downloading villian that like to hide inside T-Rex's and calls himself Rex Monstro. I'd have specials that feature Captain Britain battling a Jermet Kyle Fury and Death's Head fighting Ch-Imps (superpowered simians) and then I'd franchise it and have someone create a new Knights of Pendragon that features an alien plant life called a T'sod.......

In fact!

We alaready did that! https://www.facebook.com/avengersukb...=photos_albums check us out! the free, yes FREE webcomic that has all the above!

Thats what I'd write....
    Nice to see another free Marvel inspired webcomic out there and British too! Great work!

BANNED

I'd like to take a character like Blade and write a Max book where he is separated from the rest of the Marvel Universe much like Punisher was back during Ennis's run. Blade is a character like Punisher who is harmed by the shared universe so isolating him would allow stories to be written where vamps truly are the worst of the threats mankind has to face. Ideally I'd rather not even use Blade as a book with normal humans fighting against vamps is more appealing to me but it might be necessary to use Blade since he's preestablished.

I just want to see a well written horror book that doesn't crossover much if at all into superhero stuff because then it invariably becomes silly like the Curse of the Mutants thing where Blade and the X-men fought vampires.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 07-15-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    You'd be awesome at writing an ongoing for Natasha. SOLD!!!
    Thanks a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Aw, thanks Winterboy
    You're welcome, my friend.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Thanks a lot.

You're welcome, my friend.
    Any ideas what you would do with Natasha? Besides the wonderful spy stuff?

Give me, Give me, and I'm gonna buy all your books.

-I would like to bring back the old Tomb of Dracula crew and have Brent "Astro City" Anderson draw it.

-Wundagore Mountain. Imagine all the crazy stuff that you could do in that setting with the High Evolutionary using a whole village to do experiment with.

-Return of Captain Mar-Vell.

-Ulysse Bloodstone. The guy was a caveman that became Immortal so he pretty much seen all the Marvel Universe. The sky's the limit what you can do with that. I'd asked BWS for help in the art department.

-Shield. With Real Fury. With Paul Gulacy as regular artist.

-Defenders book with Supernatural characters.

-Russian team/Winter Soldier. Cause they never had a team and would like to see it.

-A partner/duo Team-Up team with the same two guys like Captain America/Falcon used to be and the book would be pretty espionnage/suspense. I wouldn't mind Hawkeye/Moon Knight.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 07-15-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    A Scarlet Witch solo title. She'd get an apartment in a fairly nice neighbourhood - maybe somewhere in Brooklyn. A lot of it would be her trying to live like a normal person. She'd do her groceries, get coffee, make some new friends - normal things. She'd also volunteer at a clinic that helps new mutants to adjust to the changes they've been through - her method of ongoing atonement for M-Day. (She may also help new Inhumans adjust, because meh, powers are powers.) And she'd also do superhero stuff. Fight villains committing crimes in the area (a lot of street-level villains, especially Spider-Man foes). She'd get caught up in all sorts of magical insanity.

I'd also give her a roommate. I haven't figured out who yet. Maybe Jennifer Kale, for more magic stuff. It definitely has to be someone Wanda doesn't have much history with. It's more fun that way.

I'd totally read this comic.

Invincible Member

If I had my choice, The Avengers. I wouldn't retcon anything but it'd be more in the "classic" vein, but also I'd try to push it a little more into the future.

Ghost Rider. I'd try to make it sort of a blend of classic GR and the 70's Spectre series from DC. You'd have ongoing supernatural melodrama of Johnny Blaze, but you'd also have stories where the Spirit of Vengeance punishes normal people who are simply evil (child killers, wife beaters, etc). Occasionally, we might get offbeat stories featuring GRs of other eras.

Son of Satan. Take a page from Vertigo/Hellblazer and dial back the superheroics just a notch and play up the Prince of Lies aspect. Damian has powers but more often than not, he manipulates people. Sometimes he helps people because they ask, other times he just worms his way into their lives whether they want him there or not. Sometimes he'll be the cunning chess master other times he'll be shirtless shoot flames out from his hands fighting monsters.

Falcon. I just don't get how this comic isn't already being published. Sam has ties to the street. He has ties to SHIELD. He has ties to the cape crowd. He has ties to community organizations. You can get dozens of stories out of any one of those aspects of his character. And no...Sam doesn't need a gun or lasers or a power boost, HE NEEDS A GOOD WRITER.