Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that's possible but considering that he just wants to be left alone, it would take a quite a lot for him to get that pissed off again.
    Could the Orks be taunted into fucking with him by the right sort of guy? I'd bet on Garak being able to pull it off for example.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Could the Orks be taunted into
    I'm going to stop you there.

Yes. They totally could.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Could the Orks be taunted into fucking with him by the right sort of guy? I'd bet on Garak being able to pull it off for example.
    but how could they piss him off? he lives on a dead planet with a illusion of his dead wife. he has nothing to feel for.

but how could they piss him off? he lives on a dead planet with a illusion of his dead wife. he has nothing to feel for.
    Well they'd never leave him alone, and if he does that illusion trick on them like the Husnock the Orks'll be just as pissed as they were if anything I've heard about the greenskins is true. Probably just fighting/killing each other nearby for long enough would do the trick considering his pacifistic tendencies.

Well they'd never leave him alone, and if he does that illusion trick on them like the Husnock the Orks'll be just as pissed as they were if anything I've heard about the greenskins is true. Probably just fighting/killing each other nearby for long enough would do the trick considering his pacifistic tendencies.
    i don't think just them fighting around him would be a problem. they can't actually hurt him, as far as i know and he lives on a dead planet so them attacking the planet won't really gain them nothing. but i can see him using his powers to have them fight each other. unless we include the beast in this.

i don't think just them fighting around him would be a problem. they can't actually hurt him, as far as i know and he lives on a dead planet so them attacking the planet won't really gain them nothing. but i can see him using his powers to have them fight each other. unless we include the beast in this.
    Well their fights would spill over to his tranquil home with his Wife without constant work, as I'm sure they would upset her. I think enough of that and (if they are up for a great challenge) constant challenges he has to dissuade would get to him, but the rest of the galaxy would be in serious trouble while that happens. That also might push him over the top with the rest.

Well their fights would spill over to his tranquil home with his Wife without constant work, as I'm sure they would upset her. I think enough of that and (if they are up for a great challenge) constant challenges he has to dissuade would get to him, but the rest of the galaxy would be in serious trouble while that happens. That also might push him over the top with the rest.
    dude doesn't seem the type to really care about the rest of the galaxy, mostly due to his peaceful nature and his overwhelming guilt over committing genocide.

Mighty Member

Does he have any resistance to psy powers or reality warping? A big enough waaaaagh is going to be bringing stuff like that to bear.

dude doesn't seem the type to really care about the rest of the galaxy, mostly due to his peaceful nature and his overwhelming guilt over committing genocide.
    Eh, agree to disagree here. I think the galaxy suffering multiple genocides over his inaction would push his buttons assuming he's confronted with it.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Does he have any resistance to psy powers or reality warping? A big enough waaaaagh is going to be bringing stuff like that to bear.
    While it's not direct proof of resistance he did use a psychic attack on Troi that had her hearing a song non-stop that started driving her up the wall. As for reality warping he was doing a fair bit of his own, as everything he created/unmade showed as real to scans and such.

it's kinda terrifying to imagine what a galaxy wide WAAAAGH! could manage

or how gigantic the Warboss would be, keeping in mind the ones in the 31st Millennium could fight toe to toe with the Emperor

In scenario two... I mean The Necrons taking this seriously is problematic by itself. Throw in a galaxy wide WAAAAGH! and, well.. I'm sorry.

Is it still a thing that the tech-priests (and others) are kinda of the mind that a WAAAAGH!'s psychic gestalt is so powerful, the Orks are effectively making their tech do what they THINK it should do?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

that's possible but considering that he just wants to be left alone, it would take a quite a lot for him to get that pissed off again.
    IIRC they did something that really hit home for him, and it drove him to temporary insanity. Hence the Xenocide. He's got a lot of the powers of a Q, but not on the same scale. IIRC he also swore himself to non-violence and non-interference when he got is head back together.

IIRC Q himself has a feat greater than Lucifer's tanking of the big bang; he brought the Enterprise back to the moment of Creation, and had them tank the Big Bang with him.

If that's indicative of what any Q can do, it would literally look like staring down the barrel of an entire civilization's worth of omnipotent trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    IIRC they did something that really hit home for him, and it drove him to temporary insanity. Hence the Xenocide. He's got a lot of the powers of a Q, but not on the same scale. IIRC he also swore himself to non-violence and non-interference when he got is head back together.

IIRC Q himself has a feat greater than Lucifer's tanking of the big bang; he brought the Enterprise back to the moment of Creation, and had them tank the Big Bang with him.

If that's indicative of what any Q can do, it would literally look like staring down the barrel of an entire civilization's worth of omnipotent trolls.
    Lucifer tanked destructive force that could have wiped out all of reality on all levels, then shaped the results into his own dawning multiverse, that is well beyond anything you are talking about, in any way, shape or form.

IIRC, they all left just before the big bang.

i think you are confusing enterprise with voyager.