View Poll Results: What did you think of the issue?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

11 22.00%
  • ★★★★

22 44.00%
  • ★★★

15 30.00%
  • ★★

1 2.00%
  • 1 2.00%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It was a cool fakeout, but don' the solicits already say he'll probably come back in this arc anyways?
    Hercules or Jason?

That Paul guy was Hercules, not Jason. Hercules is not planned to come back in this arc as far as I know.

Overall, I found this to be just ok. It works as a set-up for the story. I wish Diana had a bigger role in the issue, she felt like a supporting character (similar to Azzarello's run, which is not a good thing IMO). A little frustrating that Steve spoke for her with the lawyer so much, didn't really fit with what we have seen of Rebirth Steve so far.

The art was really beautiful. Is Pagulayan on board for the full run? Can he handle bi-weekly?

My biggest issue is that it seems fairly obvious that the Zeus origin is back. I hope I'm wrong though.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Nice set up issue.

Sorry if you saw this previosly:

http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...-wonder-woman/

I should say also that when we meet Jason, don’t expect him to be like Supergirl is to Superman in terms of powers. He’ll be a very different character. He’s not like a male version of Wonder Woman.

As I imaginated seems that Jason is a normal man with awesome powers.. Like one Young Clark..

I liked the image here(WW 33):

WW_33_02_03.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-27-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

I should say also that when we meet Jason, don’t expect him to be like Supergirl is to Superman in terms of powers. He’ll be a very different character. He’s not like a male version of Wonder Woman.

As I imaginated seems that Jason is a normal man with awesome powers.. Like one Young Clark..

WW_33_02_03.jpg
    Well, that interview confirms the Zeus origin is back. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    And that he loved, and will be informed by the movie, which is great, and we also have it in writing that WONDER WOMAN IS AS STRONG AS SUPERMAN. Period. haha

All in all, I find the interview to be very encouraging!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

WW_33_02_03.jpg
    Thanks for sharing this.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    And that he loved, and will be informed by the movie, which is great, and we also have it in writing that WONDER WOMAN IS AS STRONG AS SUPERMAN. Period. haha

Words aren't enough. Back when Byrne was doing Wonder Woman, he also said that she was second to no one, yet her lack of strength feats as well as other writers not following up with the mantra 'as strong as superman' would seem to indicate it was just words.

Let's see her be the deciding factor in company wide events. Let's see her be a major force in all the end of the world conflicts that arise in the DCEU. Not sure if Superman ever got kicked in the stomach by Batman and got taken out as a result. Don't need to keep seeing her inconsistent powerset among other things.

Maybe DC Editorial will get it right one of these days.

I am not sure... They can erase that "jason brother" putting him as another lie(rucka style)..

This is one of the few times that I wanted read this comic since the begin of rebirth, Rucka has rewritten almost all azz work.. I donīt know nothing about the comic or the film...

I am only here for Darkseid and Grail..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-27-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post

You know people are allowed to not like things, right? You forcing your love of everything down people's throats is exhausting.

I am not sure...

Since I heard in the begin of rebirth about Rucka rewriting azz work, I donīt read this comic, even I donīt know nothing about the film...

I am only here for Darkseid and Grail..
    This is pretty official sounding...

"Yes, one of the aspects of this storyline is the children of Zeus. We meet one character in the first issue, and of course, both Wonder Woman and Jason are children of Zeus, too."

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

WW_33_02_03.jpg
    So Robinson loved the movie, eh? One more reason to be optimistic about this run!

Yeah, it's hard to argue at this point: looks like the Zeus origin IS back. Not the best news I've ever had, but if Robinson is drawing inspiration from the movie, maybe he'll alter the specifics of the origin into something more acceptable. As I've said before, I can be okay with the Zeus origin as long as it doesn't look like it was designed from the ground up to make Hippolyta look bad. The movie did this. Azz didn't, in my mind. So if Robinson puts something similar to the movie origin into this, I can probably be okay with it.

And yeah, I'm optimistic about the power level declaration. Now, let's just hope he shows us rather than just telling us.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Very nice issue. Mel had it close. I didn't even consider this wasn't Jason until his theory.

Giganta got taken out quick but highly likely her role in this story is just beginning. Surely the set up of her stealing many mysterious museum artifacts around the country will tie into this tale further.

I dig the quasi-Search For Spock method of Darkseid regaining his form. Still wondering if Metal #2 takes place before this or after. If after then Darkseid will be de-aged to a baby again when all this is over. So I'm still hoping the Metal stuff takes place before. I'd much rather see Darkseid's full return take place in the pages of this title, not a Batman story. But I'm probably kidding myself there.

I would absolutely love it if Jason ends up being portrayed as a rather unassuming, lanky kinda guy.

I'd also argue that the Zeus origin isn't back, rather it never left. The Lies never concretely undid it, which considering it was the current origin at the time, that story had the burden of proof on it to remove it outright. That it never did was always the clincher that it was still in and Rucka simply wasn't allowed to remove it (as I'm positive he would have if it could have).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-27-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

You know people are allowed to not like things, right? You forcing your love of everything down people's throats is exhausting.
    Ok, I have no idea what you're referring to. There was nothing in my post requesting, or requiring anything from you, or in any way directed at you...and I've never forced anything down anyone's anything. And since I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE the Zeus origin...REALLY REALLY HAAAAAAAAATE it, I've no idea where you're attacking from here. But none of this means I can't find something to be positive, or excited about, in the interview.

Go ahead and hit that ignore button for my posts though...I'd hate to exhaust you with positivity! HAA!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.