Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Blackest Night.

Blackest Night: This was a great event that was a part of Johns' equally great Green Lantern run.

Flashpoint: A good end to Johns' great Flash run.

Forever Evil: I liked it.

Overall, I think Blackest Night was the best. But, I liked all of them.
    Last edited by KC; 09-27-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You know everyone always says how Marvel and DC have these great rogues galleries for their heroes...is it weird of me to say that I couldn't care less about them? Like, if you don't count the Secret Six, characters who've had the benefit of being protagonists and are among my favorites in all of comics, I can count every DC villain I give a crap about one two hands, and I wouldn't even need all my fingers. For me, DC (and Marvel's) villains can be enjoyable and do their role in servicing the story, but most of the time, I just don't care about them at all. And when I hear people say things like Batman and Flash's villains are more important and better than their Families, I just don't know what they're seeing.
    I wouldn't say this is weird, at least as far as fan opinions go. I always got the sense of that from you from your general opinions on certain characters/stories.

Personally I'm someone who's pretty invested in both heroes and villains, if not to the point where I'd pick up a solo book starring villains most of the time, so I enjoy well-developed and utilized villains and Rogues Galleries .

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    . . . Flashpoint: A good end to Johns' great Flash run . . .
    An even better ending to Johns' Flash would have been if Johns never wrote the Flash: Rebirth series.
    (I still like Barry being back, but we didn't need the death of Barry's mother retconned into Barry's early years!)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    An even better ending to Johns' Flash would have been if Johns never wrote the Flash: Rebirth series.
    (I still like Barry being back, but we didn't need the death of Barry's mother retconned into Barry's early years!)
    I personally don't mind Johns' retcon. And I like what Johns did with the Flash after Flash: Rebirth.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Fantastic Member

I think I like all three of them but I really enjoy Geoff Johns writing. I think I like Flashpoint the most because it is a cracked mirror version of all these characters and what the DC Universe could be like it is Wonder Woman being the most warlike. Aquaman being the most imperalistic. Superman seeing the worst of humanity. I also really like it because it crosses over with Booster Gold at the time and when Flashpoint happens you see him desperly trying to stop it and figure out what is going on and he is the only character who remembers the main timeline besides Barry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I also really like it because it crosses over with Booster Gold at the time and when Flashpoint happens you see him desperly trying to stop it and figure out what is going on and he is the only character who remembers the main timeline besides Barry.
    I HATED that. HATED that one of the only books I was enjoying spent its last months on the shelves tying into a crap event.

Amazing Member ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Blackest Night for me.

Fantastic Member

I HATED that. HATED that one of the only books I was enjoying spent its last months on the shelves tying into a crap event.
    That's interesting I get it. But I would have hated it more when this event happens and clearly would affect this other book but they don't address or acknowledge that it would affect this series. For me that crossover made sense.

Blackest Night....
    Shame Brightest Day wasn’t about the rebirth of the DC universe and bringing everyone and everything back.

Empty is thy hand!

Can I vote for Infinite Crisis? I wanna vote for Infinite Crisis!

Flashpoint is decent but the movie adaptation is better for trimming the fat and rounding out the story. I was disappointed with nearly all of New 52, so Forever Evil doesn't rank. And I really didn't like the goofy, emotionally abusive zombies from Blackest Night, but I thought the GL series tie-in issues are even better than the main book, so that'll be my pick between choices.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Can I vote for Infinite Crisis? I wanna vote for Infinite Crisis!
    If you ignore what Flashpoint ended up causing, I think I hate Infinite Crisis more than all of these.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I liked INFINITE CRISIS more than any of these, because gratuitous violence aside, it had an old-school, COIE feel to it, and I'm an old-school kind of comic book fan.

Additionally, there's very little mention of it, but DAY OF JUDGMENT was, I think, Johns' first crossover event for DC. Don't remember too much about the story, but it was the beginning of the end for Hal Jordan's Parallax phase. You might say it was the keystone for Johns' later reconstruction of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern mythos.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I also think Infinite Crisis gets a bad rap, but a lot its problems were the result of behind the scenes editorial meddling and mismanagement. I strongly suspect Doomsday Clock will be Johns's attempt to take another crack at that story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I strongly suspect Doomsday Clock will be Johns's attempt to take another crack at that story.
    I'm currently planning on giving Doomsday Clock a shot. I see ONE D-lister pointlessly die in it, and I'm checking right out.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

If you ignore what Flashpoint ended up causing, I think I hate Infinite Crisis more than all of these.
    Are you auditioning for the Red Lanterns or something?

We get it, you hate a lot of stuff. You hate it a lot.