Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm currently planning on giving Doomsday Clock a shot. I see ONE D-lister pointlessly die in it, and I'm checking right out.
    But gratuitous deaths are what D-listers are made for!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Are you auditioning for the Red Lanterns or something?

We get it, you hate a lot of stuff. You hate it a lot.
    And I also love a lot of stuff. This is a forum. If someone brings something up, I have the right to say what I'm thinking.

Remember Bloodlines?

They might as well have called that "Characters that will later be killed off to show how badass a villain is: The Event"

BANNED

But gratuitous deaths are what D-listers are made for!
    And they also make up a solid percentage of my favorite characters.

And I also love a lot of stuff. This is a forum. If someone brings something up, I have the right to say what I'm thinking.
    Relax, no one is suppressing your right to speak your mind. I am just poking fun at your rather...um...single-mindedness in this thread.

No offense is meant.

And they also make up a solid percentage of my favorite characters.
    The great thing about D-Listers is you can always make more of them.

Extraordinary Member

Blackest Night is by far the best of the three.

BANNED

Relax, no one is suppressing your right to speak your mind. I am just poking fun at your rather...um...single-mindedness in this thread.

No offense is meant.
    Sorry if that sounded over dramatic. Not my intention...this time.

And yes, I can be single-minded in places, but I've had many years to think about this stuff. My views are very clear, and I don't have doubts in them....except for my early months here when I was thinking weird stuff because of my meds but that's besides the point.

Can't wait for Doomsday clock! I'm cautiously optimistic about the JSA returning somehow, seeing as two members have been teased in each of the big rebirth events so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Can't wait for Doomsday clock! I'm cautiously optimistic about the JSA returning somehow, seeing as two members have been teased in each of the big rebirth events so far.
    Much as I've called it a waste of time, if it ends with Ted Grant challenging and beating Dr. Manahttan in a boxing match, Rebirth will have been worth it.

Much as I've called it a waste of time, if it ends with Ted Grant challenging and beating Dr. Manahttan in a boxing match, Rebirth will have been worth it.
    If Brother Power The Geek is Ted's corner man, I'm in.

BANNED

If Brother Power The Geek is Ted's corner man, I'm in.
    Brother Power is just one of those characters whose story and history are so weird, I can't help but love them.

Forever Evil easily.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

I'm coming from a skewed perspective, seeing as I just recently read the entire FE event (at least.. the vast majority of it), and have only read the core mini-series for the other two, so it's kind of hard to compare. FE's tie-ins ranged from 'garbage' to 'barely competent' (with the exception of JL), so I can't imagine it could beat out what I've heard are great tie-in arcs in GL and GLC during Blackest Night.

1. Forever Evil
    2. Blackest Night
    3. Flashpoint
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 09-27-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

I admit I didn't read Forever Evil, so that's right out... For me I didn't particularly LIKE either of the other two. However, I think Blackest Night was a better story.

Flashpoint has two major issues. 1) It's not really set in the 'real' DC and is little more than a glorified Elseworlds. for that it ALMOST works.... 2) It doesn't make any sense WITHIN the DC universe. WAY too much crap that is just explained with 'Because the story needs it to be that way...) Barry's mom is rescued so Thomas survives Crime Alley??? Superman isn't found by the kents?? However Zoom killing her in the first place doesn't have any ripples at all?? What the heck is that?? It reads to me like one of those big summer blockbusters that you don't need any understanding of the beginning, and you don't need to pay attention to what happens after... but HERE'S a bunch of chaos in the center that's pretty to look at.

Blackest Night?? I think it focused WAY too much on the emotional spectrum and the rainbow corp... a concept that had been drug out to death by Johns for the previous 2-3 years...

However, at it's CORE... It was a DC spanning event that focused on actual DC continuity and shone a spotlight on the nature of the comic book deaths and rebirths that people take for granted. That's a really cool idea even if the end result wasn't what I wanted.