Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I enjoyed Blackest Night. It was a good payoff for what had been building in the GL titles for the previous couple of years. Plus, I REALLY loved that Black Hand issue....
    Flashpoint was OK. The only real downside was the New 52 reboot taking away nearly all my favourite characters. Wally, Connor, Bart etc.
    Forever Evil was OK as well, but I enjoyed the Rogues Revenge mini more than the main event.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Best story? Flashpoint.

I didn't love it on first read; it has a lot of offbeat concepts at its core (like WWIII being Aquaman vs. Wonder Woman).

But it's the first good Flash/Barry Allen story Johns ever did. And soon after he took the time travel Zoom-kills-Nora setup and helped make it a central piece of the Flash TV series.

Astonishing Member

In order we have...

1) Blackest Night
    2) Flashpoint
    3) Forever Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I also think Infinite Crisis gets a bad rap, but a lot its problems were the result of behind the scenes editorial meddling and mismanagement. I strongly suspect Doomsday Clock will be Johns's attempt to take another crack at that story.
    Oh, goody . . . Geoff Johns can find even more "inventive" ways to casually kill off characters he doesn't care about?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Can't wait for Doomsday clock! I'm cautiously optimistic about the JSA returning somehow, seeing as two members have been teased in each of the big rebirth events so far.
    And I'm feeling like Geoff Johns will now find new ways to make things like the fuster-cluck JSA and the Tin-Can-GL seem like "good" ideas in retrospect.

(Yeah, the last one wasn't directly Geoff Johns' fault, but he really messed things up with the group when he went overboard with his Justice Society of America run and started making every Tom, Dick, and Mary a "legacy" member.
    And Magog?!? WHY????????)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    DC's attempt to push Magog in the late 2000's will never not be funny. He's just the worst. I think the only character who was part of the JSA that fewer people give a f**k about is King Chimera.

Blackest Night!

Haven't read Forever Evil, but that was after Flashpoint so it would have no chance with me.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Blackest Night gets my vote I actually enjoyed the story and the way it was a payoff for everything done in the Green Lantern books since Rebirth. I didn't really enjoy Flashpoint, and tagging on the launch of the New 52 made me dislike the story even more. Never read Forever Evil, I've avoided most of DC since the reboot
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Blackest Night. Hands down.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, goody . . . Geoff Johns can find even more "inventive" ways to casually kill off characters he doesn't care about?

And I'm feeling like Geoff Johns will now find new ways to make things like the fuster-cluck JSA and the Tin-Can-GL seem like "good" ideas in retrospect.

(Yeah, the last one wasn't directly Geoff Johns' fault, but he really messed things up with the group when he went overboard with his Justice Society of America run and started making every Tom, Dick, and Mary a "legacy" member.
    I picked up a couple of Justice Society comics in the dollar bin last week and didn’t bother to check out who wrote them. Non other than Marc Guggenheim, they should have been giving that crap away. It was god awful.

I really liked Blackest Night. I was really into GL at the time and it was the payoff to several years of build-up and I thought the cross-over element was handled well. I feel that the event branched out through-out the other books in more organically compared to most events.

Flashpoint was the best.

Forever Evil could have done more

Blackest Night was okay

Fantastic Member

Blackest night has some bad world building like earth being the center of multiverse and where life originated. I like some characters from other lantern corps but emotional spectrum is an overly restrictive and unimaginative concept.

Flashpoint's whole "lesson of the story" makes no sense, why should Barry let go and accept a death of innocent caused by altered timeline? And it led to an reboot I don't like.

Forever evil is a mediocre story, but at least it did not do much harm to DCU. So I think it is the best event of three.