Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Marvel Legacy #1 *Spoilers*

So the book that Marvel have been teasing and recently leaking is finally here and lots did happen. Quick summary, probably missing things, but we need a place to discuss this rather messy book and what it all means.

• The 1,000,000 BC Avengers were fighting a celestial, but one clearly searching and digging for something
    • Robbie Reyes has been dreaming about that event and finds himself in the place that it happened, now South Africa
    • Loki is using his Laufey legacy to gain a crate
    • Starbrand is talking about legacy in a very personal way and how the world was cursed
    • Starbrand seems to be killing costumed heroes that are seeking either the celestial or what it was seeking
    • Reyes discovers he has access to the 'penance stare' when he uses it on Starbrand
    • The unorthodox areologists find the celestial alive and it summons The Final Host to Cleanse Them All
    • The Crate is claimed by a resurrected Wolverine and he pulls out an Infinity Stone
    • Gamora is tracking the Infinity Stones and notices one has been found
    • Loki seems keen on the Final Host idea as he arrives next to the celestial
    • The starbrand symbol seems to show up in a multiversal sky and Valeria is inspired to start heading home

Then in other news...

• Cap is reflecting on how the world sees him
    • Odinson id brooding while a Seer suicides over the return of Mangog
    • MJ discovers Stark's body is missing
    • Deadpool is confessing and atoning for the death of Coulson.
    • Osborn is trying to break into the Sanctum Sactorum past Strange and Iron Fist (both are having that dream)
    • The Avengers stature has the wrong personnel, but Nadia and Jarvis cant place it. No Wasp and Voyager instead.
    • Ironheart can't remember 'Avengers Assemble'
    • Johnny and Ben reflect on their F4 legacy as they begin a new venture
    • We get views of an Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda
    • A monitoring station miss a message calling Hulk to Skaar
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-27-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Niffleheim

It read like it is an Infinity Quest. Logan, Gamora and T'Challa each have one. I'm much more curious about the Host.

My first impressions, while I knew it would contain a certain amount of preview stuff I wasn't expecting that material to be so tangential to the story and to effectively distract from the book quite so badly. I was expecting a lot more Ribic, and if you were going to buy this just for him probably hold off until you have flicked through. He is somewhat wasted on too many fight scenes between just two characters. This book was by no means rushed and thrown together, so it really shouldn't feel like it was.

P.S. Ribic's Celestial is really nice.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-27-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    It read like it is an Infinity Quest. Logan, Gamora and T'Challa each have one. I'm much more curious about the Host.
    We only see one in this story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    So the book that Marvel have been teasing and recently leaking is finally here and lots did happen. Quick summary, probably missing things, but we need a place to discuss this rather messy book and what it all means.

• The 1,000,000 BC Avengers were fighting a celestial, but one clearly searching and digging for something
    • Robbie Reyes has been dreaming about that event and finds himself in the place that it happened, now South Africa
    • Loki is using his Laufey legacy to gain a crate
    • Starbrand is talking about legacy in a very personal way and how the world was cursed
    • Starbrand seems to be killing costumed heroes that are seeking either the celestial or what it was seeking
    • Reyes discovers he has access to the 'penance stare' when he uses it on Starbrand
    • The unorthodox areologists find the celestial alive and it summons The Final Host to Cleanse Them All
    • The Crate is claimed by a resurrected Wolverine and he pulls out an Infinity Stone
    • Gamora is tracking the Infinity Stones and notices one has been found
    • Loki seems keen on the Final Host idea as he arrives next to the celestial
    • The starbrand symbol seems to show up in a multiversal sky and Valeria is inspired to start heading home

Then in other news...

• Cap is reflecting on how the world sees him
    • Odinson id brooding while a Seer suicides over the return of Mangog
    • MJ discovers Stark's body is missing
    • Deadpool is confessing and atoning for the death of Coulson.
    • Osborn is trying to break into the Sanctum Sactorum past Strange and Iron Fist (both are having that dream)
    • The Avengers stature has the wrong personnel, but Nadia and Jarvis cant place it. No Wasp and Voyager instead.
    • Ironheart can't remember 'Avengers Assemble'
    • Johnny and Ben reflect on their F4 legacy as they begin a new venture
    • We get views of an Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda
    • A monitoring station miss a message calling Hulk to Skaar
    In the Osborn hint may mean that either Peter will have to learn magic or tap into the full pontential of his totemistic abilities. At the very least, we could see the return of the totemistic storyline.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

having read the issue a few times now it does make me wonder about how wolverine was resurrected exactly and by who????.

Niffleheim

We only see one in this story.
    What were those different gems inside the big shard of crystal that Gamora was holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    having read the issue a few times now it does make me wonder about how wolverine was resurrected exactly and by who????.
    lol! he just stepped right out of that cocoon like it was nothing

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    What were those different gems inside the big shard of crystal that Gamora was holding?
    She is holding a digital device that is displaying the stones, and it is alerting her that one has been found.

lol! he just stepped right out of that cocoon like it was nothing
    I am with Ianbarreilles on this one. Seems unlikely that he just stepped out. Somebody may have intervened. I have no idea why it was necessary to bring him back now though. Maybe they have plans for Old Man Logan, that will take him off the board.

Wasp's still there, it's probably just a small mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Wasp's still there, it's probably just a small mistake.
    No way they would make that mistake with Nadia in the scene.

No way they would make that mistake with Nadia in the scene.
    I've talked to the artist and an assistant editor in Marvel. Janet's not gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I've talked to the artist and an assistant editor in Marvel. Janet's not gone.
    That is not the same thing as saying this story seems to have deliberatly moved her off of Hank's finger. Maybe she is Voyager, maybe something else has happened, but that isn't an art error.

That is not the same thing as saying this story seems to have deliberatly moved her off of Hank's finger. Maybe she is Voyager, maybe something else has happened, but that isn't an art error.
    They forgot to draw her before, recently infact.

Also;

Niffleheim

Many questions Isn't Janet the insignificant detail that is missing in the story? Or did i read that incorrecte? By the way it is the Time gem that Logan has right?
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-27-2017 at 08:41 AM.

BANNED

I am surprised that Odin didn't call the Phoenix a wench. perhaps he learned to beware of her temper after she shot flame in his eye.
    I foresee that the frost giant isn't dead and even if he is wolverine will prevent his corpse from melting using the gem and he will accompany wolverine as his fridge. Strange will come to know of this and challenge him to a contest of fridges and cheat and Loki will bring the matter to the attention of vishanti which shall promptly appoint Loki in his place.

deadpool will fight his greatest battle against the persons who keep pulling despicable ideas out of the box to become his reality.
    panther will declare to his people screw all of you. keep your democracy I travel to become king of inter galactic empire of wakanda.
    the starbrand will cause a black out event and snuff out 80 % of super powers and it will be up to Valeria and franklin to reverse it.
    A.I. Tony has gone on a rogue drunk rampage inside rirs armour and mind so she can't even recall the avengers battle cry.
    It will be found that Kobiks shards reality altering powers have been absorbed by Sam and his kiss shall cure Thor and she will get mad at him for denying her basic right to die by cancer so she will lead one faction of avengers against him and his faction in CW3 in which odinson Thor arrives drunk to kill the new ant/giant man.
    Reyes discover he is another long lost brother to johnyy blaze.
    Captain America will be asked for selfies by neo Nazis in which he is proclaiming hail hydra.
    The Final Host gets bored of all this and trades places with Adam strange to become the new living tribunal and he joins gamora and tries to help the infinity souls to find true purpose in their life instead of playing the role of the next reality altering MacGuffin to cause a war.