Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    He became a madman at the end of the original run.
    Hmm. interesting. I was reading that story on MU but most of it wasn't on there back then. Will have to see if it has been extended.

this was Marvel's fall preview show.

They should've given Reyes a new power instead of the power specific to one GR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

It clearly ties into the whole thrust of Legacy, so it is up to them really.

BANNED

1. I'm surprised we got Robbie Reyes instead of Johnny Blaze to be honest. Not that I'm complaining, but Robbie has been pretty absent since he lost his solo. Still hoping he'll join the Champions actually. Interesting that he can use the Penance Stare, given he's not an actual Ghost Rider.

2. So Starbrand is dead huh? I suppose that means someone else will inherit that mantle; perhaps Valeria or Franklin? And what does this mean for Nightmask and Pod/Enigma?

3. So the blue Infinity gem/stone is the mind gem in the comics right? Given that Logan has possession of it, there must be some significance. I wonder if that's somehow relevant to Jean Grey? And with the Infinity Stones scattered across the MU, I feel like we're looking at a new Infinity Watch type scenario, with various characters finding the stones (Doctor Strange and Black Panther would be great candidates). This is probably building up to Infinity War.

4. Disappointed that teen Jean was the one to discover the adamantium husk where Logan once was. It would've been much more significant for Laura or Storm given they have closer ties to him.

5. Somewhat confused as to why the BC Avengers were given so much hype given their role was so minimal. We've been told they'll be back in some form, so I wonder how that'll occur. Obviously, Odin is still around, but you'd think the rest are long gone. Without some form of time travel or reality warping, the group should all be dead as their respective mantles have all been inherited by other characters in the MU.

6. The final host is an intriguing concept, and I wonder if it refers to the Celestials or some existing cosmic entity or something new altogether.

7. The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda is creative, but its execution is curious. Does this have something to do with BC Black Panther?

8. Obviously Tony is coming back, but the how is the big part. How can he simply go missing?

9. Pushing magic Osborn is interesting but given we already have Doom, Doctor Strange, young Beast and various others that turned to magic; the concept is hardly original. I guess he'll come into contact with some magical relic, or align with a magical entity like one of the Octessence or Mephisto. I wonder if this will lead to a Goblin more like the Ultimate universe.

10. Annoyed that Wasp was accidentally left of the founding Avengers statue. Interested in Voyager, but also hesitant as retcons aren't really the best way to bring in a new character.

11. Ironheart is given another push here, perhaps indicating she'll be on one of the Avengers teams . Though the inability to remember 'Avengers Assemble' is curious.

12. Johnny & Ben together is awesome and I look forward to a full FF reunion. I hope to see many associated characters in their series launching with Legacy.

13. Kinda annoyed that Sam & Jane are still a thing. I've been hoping for a Thor/Thor relationship between Jane Foster & Odinson and Sam is getting in the way of that.

14. So I guess the Avengers mansion is rebuilt and in use, which is great but doesn't line up with continuity. Both main Avengers books haven't caught up. With Nadia here, she obviously survives the Avengers/Champions crossover, and may be apart of the next team. Very happy to see Jarvis too.

Overall, I'm glad of the various plot points established as we move into Legacy, but felt the story didn't flow and felt more like a merger of various narratives that don't gel. Additionally, I was rather surprised to see that the X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Defenders and Inhumans are almost entirely absent (except for Logan, teen Jean, Gamora and Iron Fist respectively), given that this is apart of a wider MU narrative. Furthermore, big characters like Wasp & Captain Marvel were entirely absent. It's an interesting launching point for the next phase of the MU, but I felt it was flawed and didn't bring characters together like I'd hoped. I hope that all of the respective storylines pay off, and I'm cautiously optimistic about what comes next.
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 09-27-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

Well, when's the last time they used Danny Ketch (the specific GR where that power originated) anyway?
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 09-27-2017 at 03:18 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? When the O5 first arrived, they joined the school that was named in Jean's honour - and Logan was the headteacher! She knows him well enough.
    I know. And I stand by my statement. They weren't exactly best friends.

Amazing Member ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

I'm kinda confused on the Intergalactic Wakanda Empire thing. Does this mean that it's been there the whole time or this is a new thing that T'Challa did?
    Last edited by ShadowSwordmaster; 09-27-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: It was a bad sentence.

What was that spare shield in the crate the frost giant smashed open during the fight with Sam? Or did I mis-read something?
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Hmm. interesting. I was reading that story on MU but most of it wasn't on there back then. Will have to see if it has been extended.
    Hope they have been added. The latter issues of Starbrand aren't perfect, but they were done by John Byrne when he was trying to move away from classic superheroes but before his eventual decline. They are really underrated.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster View Post
    I'm kinda confused on the Intergalactic Wakanda Empire thing. Does this mean that it also been there or this is a new thing that T'Challa did?
    Basically, the Intergalactic Wakanda Empire was intended to be set-up within NEW AVENGERS #1 {in that the Black Panther was with the Illuminati} when the Incursions was happening within the 616 MU. And during the conclusion of SECRET WARS #9; T'Challa used either the Time or the Reality Gem to re-do the Wankandan's opportunity to explore outer space ulitizing their science.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

That being said, if you don't know know the answers to things in Marvel Legacy, that's kind of the point. They're things to be revealed later - in that case, presumably in Black Panther since Jason Aaron said that it was Ta-Nehisi Coates's suggestion to add it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I honestly don't know what was the point of this Legacy lol.

Amazing Member ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Basically, the Intergalactic Wakanda Empire was intended to be set-up within NEW AVENGERS #1 {in that the Black Panther was with the Illuminati} when the Incursions was happening within the 616 MU. And during the conclusion of SECRET WARS #9; T'Challa used either the Time or the Reality Gem to re-do the Wankandan's opportunity to explore outer space ulitizing their science.
    So it's a new thing that T'Challa did and not a retcon that Wakanda always had this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It clearly ties into the whole thrust of Legacy, so it is up to them really.
    They should know that all GRs come from different sources. That's there's really ONE GR and then a bunch of other mystical dudes using that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Well, when's the last time they used Danny Ketch (the specific GR where that power originated) anyway?
    If the P-stare is going to be a plot point... they should've used him now.

where's Nightmask?